IGNORED

Greater U.S. Open Victory - Tiger Leg vs. Day Vertigo?

Phil McGleno
Note: This thread is 3236 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Better U.S. Open Victory?

• Jason Day in 2015 with Vertigo
    • Tiger Woods in 2008 with Broken Leg

Advil is an anti inflammatory.

It is also used for pain.. It is used for both.. "Ibuprofen works by reducing hormones that cause inflammation and pain in the body. Advil is used to reduce fever and treat pain or inflammation caused by many conditions such as headache, toothache, back pain, arthritis, menstrual cramps, or minor injury."

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Anything to keep tiger relevant in a conversation? He was just cut from the open.

It's a fairly obvious comparison: who else played well in a US Open with an injury. The point of the thread is to compare the two injuries and judge difficulty; to say that this is to keep Tiger relevant is a pretty transparent and unessecary dig.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Freaking Advil? When was the last time Yall had a broken bone, severe sprain, torn muscle/tendon, etc.? Did you even watch the tournament? I watched him hit a drive on Saturday on 13 I think--right after he eagled the uphill par 5. He nearly passed out after he hit the ball.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Freaking Advil? When was the last time Yall had a broken bone, severe sprain, torn muscle/tendon, etc.? Did you even watch the tournament? I watched him hit a drive on Saturday on 13 I think--right after he eagled the uphill par 5. He nearly passed out after he hit the ball.

He also didn't limp at all much of the day Sunday. He added after the round he had stuff that took care of that. Like I said before, we're not in these guys bodies and we don't know how they feel so there is no right or wrong answer. Also like someone mentioned, there have been others, like Ken Venturi, who battled through hell and back.

• Administrator
No matter ... Threads moot at this point anyway ;)

So clearly Tiger. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

So clearly Tiger. :-)

Ha ha. Yep.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Think I mentioned I played ball for 3 weeks with a broken hand. Aspirin and adrenaline works wonders. Having said that, it's no longer a relevant argument as Day faded so Tiger wins this particular battle. Although the field was much weaker back then, I mean Rocco and Westwood? Lol.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

It is also used for pain.. It is used for both.. "Ibuprofen works by reducing hormones that cause inflammation and pain in the body. Advil is used to reduce fever and treat pain or inflammation caused by many conditions such as headache, toothache, back pain, arthritis, menstrual cramps , injury."

Somebody get some Advil for Ian Poulter.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

I fractured my leg playing tackle football at the beach during prom weekend.  I went to prom and walked Great Adventure theme park for an entire day before my leg swelled to the point that I couldn't get my pants on over the swollen area.  It hurt but it wasn't debilitating, Advil did keep the pain to a manageable level.

That said, I wasn't walking 10 miles and executing a golf swing that transferred all my weight on it.  Tiger gets the nod from me, just knowing you have an injury like that can mess with your head and Tiger was able to deal with that and the pain.

Joe Paradiso

Only someone who has medical knowledge of, or personal experience with, both conditions could say one way or the other. Anyone else is talking through their hat.

Exactly.

Tiger didn't fall off a motorbike and have is femur sticking out through his pants. There are broken legs and "broken legs". It doesn't mean that his couldn't technically be described as broken.

As for Day, how the heck would anyone know how bad it was?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Exactly. Tiger didn't fall off a motorbike and have is femur sticking out through his pants. There are broken legs and "broken legs". It doesn't mean that his couldn't technically be described as broken. As for Day, how the heck would anyone know how bad it was?

Like I mentioned yesterday, it wasnt the broken leg that caused a majority of the pain. It was the torn ACL. All the torque on his knee, had to be very painful.

Why no option for McIlroy and his wisdom tooth?

That's an obvious landslide win. Not worth debating...... :)

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Wow, just wow.

You guys pick a hypothetical win to form a comparison boost up your champ who went down in flames,

Tiger must be in big trouble. Can't talk about his game today, gotta bring up wins from 7 years ago, and compare them to wins, that didn't even happen.....

How about Billy Horschel's 67 with a huge stick up his ass?

• Upvote 5

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 3236 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!