IGNORED

Golfer shoots 57 with 3 aces, 2 of which were on par-4's

David in FL
Note: This thread is 3224 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Must be an awesome golf family.  And you play 54 holes in one day.

1 Patrick Wills -4 68 57 66 191
2 Charlie Wills 0 70 67 68 205
3 Christopher Wills 3 76 74 70 220

I have friends that played in the same tournament, I'll ask them what they heard.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He has not posted his "57" to GHIN yet and he does regularly post scores.  For someone who posts scores, not posting that score says to me he knows there is something going on.

Could someone have assisted his balls into the hole without him knowing?

Brian Kuehn

Wel[quote name="bkuehn1952" url="/t/82900/golfer-shoots-57-with-3-aces-2-of-which-were-on-par-4s/30#post_1162312"][SIZE=8px][SIZE=12px]He has not posted his "57" to GHIN yet and he does regularly post scores.  For someone who posts scores, not posting that score says to me he knows there is something going on.[/SIZE][/SIZE] [SIZE=8px][SIZE=12px]Could someone have assisted his balls into the hole without him knowing? [/SIZE][/SIZE] [/quote] Well that pretty much sums things up...

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

Here's an interesting thought experiment:

This article was posted as if this feat was legitimate - which it very well could have been.  Many jokes have been made comparing it to Kim Jong Il's record round of -38 with 11 aces.

Other than the 17 security guards that "witnessed" it, I think it's a safe bet that there isn't a soul on earth who would buy that story for a second.  But there are souls who buy this guys story.

This means that there is a threshold in there, somewhere between 2 holes-in-one and 11 holes-in-one, that gets crossed where everybody says "nope, no chance, you're full of it."

I'm curious where that line is for most people?

For me, this Wills guy is sitting, pretty much, on the line.  I want this to be true, but at this point, I just can't buy into it.

I too find this difficult to believe but I've met the guy and he doesn't seem the type make something up like this. Like someone said earlier, it would be really strange to make up a story as far-fetched as this. Then again who knows...

It's the Internet. It's full of 1000's of made up far fetched stories daily.

• Upvote 1

Here's an interesting thought experiment:

This article was posted as if this feat was legitimate - which it very well could have been.  Many jokes have been made comparing it to Kim Jong Il's record round of -38 with 11 aces.

Other than the 17 security guards that "witnessed" it, I think it's a safe bet that there isn't a soul on earth who would buy that story for a second.  But there are souls who buy this guys story.

This means that there is a threshold in there, somewhere between 2 holes-in-one and 11 holes-in-one, that gets crossed where everybody says "nope, no chance, you're full of it."

I'm curious where that line is for most people?

For me, this Wills guy is sitting, pretty much, on the line.  I want this to be true, but at this point, I just can't buy into it.

He lost me with claiming two Par 4 aces, might have been more believable if he hit 1 Par 3 and 1 Par 4.

Joe Paradiso

Definitely 4 aces per round. . .three is the limit for me. . . BTW, has anyone tried to enter 57 into GHIN? Is there a score typo checker? [quote name="9wood" url="/t/82900/golfer-shoots-57-with-3-aces-2-of-which-were-on-par-4s/36#post_1162223"]How many mulligans [/quote] 2 mullion, of course! :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Definitely 4 aces per round. . .three is the limit for me. . . BTW, has anyone tried to enter 57 into GHIN? Is there a score typo checker? 2 mullion, of course! :-D

Only the two times I've actually scored that, nothing more though.

• Upvote 1

I don't believe it.

Remember this story about the woman and all her hole in ones.  (This one is obviously a lie also)

http://www.golfdigest.com/magazine/2007-11/gd0711kindred_gagne

My low score for 18 is a 50.... It was at The Old Course at St. Andrews in Tiger Woods 2013.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Not to be outdone, this guy shot -28 at the same course, Laurel Hill (https://www.gamegolf.com/player/errols5697/round/317293) on May 9th.

Started slow with only 4 birdies:

Then he picked it up on the 5th for a run of eagle, eagle, double-eagle, eagle:

I believe 4 holes in one for the day. Not too shabby:

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Not to be outdone, this guy shot -28 at the same course, Laurel Hill ([URL=https://www.gamegolf.com/player/errols5697/round/317293]https://www.gamegolf.com/player/errols5697/round/317293[/URL]) on May 9th. Started slow with only 4 birdies: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/126256/] [/URL] Then he picked it up on the 5th for a run of eagle, eagle, double-eagle, eagle: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/126257/] [/URL] I believe 4 holes in one for the day. Not too shabby: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/126258/] [/URL]

Okay, I get it. These are clearly 15" holes. :-D Or. . . They are hitting into the soccer golf holes!:-D :-P :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I have a couple of friends who played in this same tournament, here was his response to me about this guy.  I asked him if he was aware of Patrick Wills.

"

Yes

Very aware

Played in the same event with him a handful of times

Nelson and Dzubin were in the field that day. He is a +5 HCAP

Hard to believe but hard to question his integrity

I am friends with the publisher of the magazine -Michael Keating and played with him in the same ever at a different venue 2 weeks before this one

Was well aware of what he has done in the past including a 59 at Quantico and a 58 at Laurel Hill"

• Upvote 4

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I have a couple of friends who played in this same tournament, here was his response to me about this guy.  I asked him if he was aware of Patrick Wills.

"

Yes

Very aware

Played in the same event with him a handful of times

Nelson and Dzubin were in the field that day. He is a +5 HCAP

Hard to believe but hard to question his integrity

I am friends with the publisher of the magazine -Michael Keating and played with him in the same ever at a different venue 2 weeks before this one

Was well aware of what he has done in the past including a 59 at Quantico and a 58 at Laurel Hill"

Thanks for following up.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

The more I think about it, I just can't buy into this story at all. Were there other groups who witnessed these aces on par-4s? Groups on the green or next tee to verify this? Wouldn't a crowd start to gather late in the round once word got out about these aces and his score? He doesn't enter 57s and 59s into GHIN? He is a +4 capper shooting 57s and 59s? None of it adds up to me.

- Mark

Were there other groups who witnessed these aces on par-4s? Groups on the green or next tee to verify this? Wouldn't a crowd start to gather late in the round once word got out about these aces and his score?

Right - these are the obvious questions.  I don't question his ability or whether or not he's a nice guy, but how are there not more witnesses to this event, which occurred during a tournament mind you, other than his two sons and some random military guy.

He doesn't enter 57s and 59s into GHIN? He is a +4 capper shooting 57s and 59s?

Somebody said above that he hadn't YET posted this score, that doesn't mean that he doesn't post them though.  It's easy to pile up a few scores if you play often and enter them all at once, or to just post a few days later for whatever reason.  Also, in tournaments, its possible that they took on the posting responsibility.  My brothers club does that at some of their tournaments.

He is a +4 capper shooting 57s and 59s?

Not anymore. ;)  If that was the only score that he added to his GHIN, then he's now a +5.6.  That's borderline PGA tour skill right there.

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt on everything and I have absolutely ZERO basis with which to say this is untrue so I'll just say that, for me, this is something that I would HAVE TO see to believe, and I didn't see it .... So I'll leave it at that.

I'd like to know how many people in the entire world, Tour Pros INCLUDED even have a 278 and 310 yard hole out to their credit ... IN THEIR ENTIRE LIFETIMES.

Let alone in the same round ... and not to mention alongside another hole in one with a 5 iron.

EDIT: He also has the fact that it was in a tournament going for him as well. There should have been some oversight at least.

But it looks like it was a "bring your own team" tournament.  That tosses the oversight idea right out the window.  With his sons and a friend for witnesses?

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Note: This thread is 3224 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!