IGNORED

Yea or Nay on Golf Fans Yelling Baba Booey!

Sante TwoGloves
Note: This thread is 2288 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

12 members have voted

1. 1. Yea or Nay on Baba Booey

• Yea, I think it's kinda funny, doesn't hurt the game. Golf is too serious anyway.
    • Nay, the people that yell aren't really fans and should be kicked out.
    • I don't really care, doesn't bother me.

Loudmouths are just that I suppose. Then again, they paid their money to get in to the show. I don't really care as long as they are not  standing next to me, and yelling the stuff in my ear. I am usually off away from the crowd as it is when I watch a tournament Seems to be one, or two in every crowd.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Has an actual golfer ever actually yelled that at a PGA event? It seems to me that you'd have to be a non-golfer to do something like that.

I think the people who do the the yelling are similar to the Soccer fans who go to away matches for the trouble rather than the game. If your a real fan you watch the sport. These "yeller's" are just there for the crowds reactions

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

For some, being an A-hole is a life style.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I haaaate it. Of all the dumb@$$ things to say.

Have always thought it was ridiculous, and let's face it - it's pretty played out at this point. Yell something else already, at least that fat redneck in his trucker hat and strip club t-shirt had originality a quarter decade ago.

"For some, being an A-hole is a life style."

I second this statement....and they are a dime a dozen.

Titleist 915D3, 8.5

Titleist 915Fd, 15.0

Ping G10 18.0 hybrid

Mizuno MP-63: 4-PW

Mizuno MP-T5: 5209, 5614, 6010

Scotty Cameron Studio Select, Newport 1.5

Titleist ProV1x

Leupold GX-1 Rangefinder

People need to stop yelling stuff at PGA events, it's old and stupid. The best part of the open? No one yelling get in the hole, or mashed potatoes, or bababooie! To announce they were drunk and ignorant. I'd love to follow the people that yell stuff after every shot, and either yell after every shot they hit. Or follow them around at their jobs and yell "get in the bag!!" Every time they place a canned good in the bag, or "get on the shelf!!!" every time the stock the shelves.

I listened to the James Taylor concert on XM from New York, and people were screaming bababooey after every song. Taylor handled it excellently, but I'm sure you don't go to one of his concerts expecting that. Maybe, except in New York.

That probably happened because he was on the Stern show not long before that promoting the concert and his new channel on SiriusXM . He has been on the Stern show several times over the years. There are some awesome interviews posted on youtube that any James Taylor fan I think would really enjoy. He usually performs several songs when he is on and always sounds fantastic.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion;=1&espv;=2&ie;=UTF-8#q=james%20taylor%20stern%20youtube

1. LPGA Square Two Melody driver 
  2. Callaway Steelhead Plus 5 W
  3. Adamsgolf Idea 4i hybrid 
  4. Answer 6 iron 
  5. Answer 8 iron 
  6. LH Golfsmith Tour Model IV PW
  7. AdamsGolf GTxtreme LW
  8. LH Ping Zing Magnesium Bronze

It is a "pay attention to me" generation.

ba-ba- booey is merely a symptom of people wanting their 5 seconds...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

It is a "pay attention to me" generation.

ba-ba- booey is merely a symptom of people wanting their 5 seconds...

Aren't most people going to the events middle aged people?  I can't imagine that there is a huge influx of teenagers and 20 somethings going to these events..  (I honestly don't know that is why I'm asking)?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Clapping and cheering isnt the same as yelling stupid stuff.Just saying Tiger brought in the younger rowdy crowd.Not his fault but it is what it is.

I call BS on this. You relate everything you don't like back to Woods include fan yelling stupid stuff. It is getting old.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

So you guys would infringe on his right to say what ever he wants and turn it into a confrontational situation rather than just letting it go? Or are you both just joking around?

Since when does anyone have the right to say whatever he wants?! Put me in the hell nay category.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Since when does anyone have the right to say whatever he wants?! Put me in the hell nay category.

Since forever... There are consequences to what they say and when it is said, but they literally can say what ever they want. No?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

It's never literally been whatever they want. You aren't entitled to yell fire in a crowed theatre for instance. You can't threaten physical violence. But the key here is that you don't have a right to be on private property (and in turn saying whatever you want). Supposing the PGA or a particular tournament wanted to eject the yellers, they can. People can scream their fool heads off on the public sidewalk that runs by the golf club, but they don't have a right to do it by the tee box.

Aren't most people going to the events middle aged people?  I can't imagine that there is a huge influx of teenagers and 20 somethings going to these events..  (I honestly don't know that is why I'm asking)?

If middle aged is 40-60, then a qualified no. I see a large percentage of 20-30 somethings at the Byron Nelson each year.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Since forever... There are consequences to what they say and when it is said, but they literally can say what ever they want. No?

Having the physical ability to do something, doesn't mean that you have a right , that can be infringed upon, to do it. Not even close.[quote name="Mr. Desmond" url="/t/83592/yea-or-nay-on-golf-fans-yelling-baba-booey/54#post_1179920"] If middle aged is 40-60, then a qualified no. I see a large percentage of 20-30 somethings at the Byron Nelson each year. [/quote] Ditto at Bay Hill and The Players Championship.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 2288 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!