IGNORED

Husband and Wife Relations

Duff McGee
Note: This thread is 3158 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ummm, ya think??? ;) Sheesh people.

Yup.. Actually, as soon as you start having comments about the ability to spot and identify people with a dull sex life from a mile a way you know the thread has run its course!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

If someone can tell me the point at which this thread stopped being about "how much golf your wife lets you play" and started being about evolution and man's primal urges or whatever the heck it's devolved in to, I would appreciate it, so I can move all the posts after that point to the Grill Room.

Just a link to that post, please, where it really took a turn.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

My version of this is how much golf is too much for work given I often step out a tad early when I can. Basically for me as long as I can fulfill my obligations what I do for fun is nobody's business. A bigger problem is spending too much money golfing, my retirement told me it's time to cut back. I am easily out there 4-5 times a week. Crazy thing is many days I don't finish so I pay to play some golf, often not enough to even post a score. So it's $31 dollars plus a couple brews to leave without finishing if I can't get around the late day golf zombies out there.

Dave :-)

Oh good god. I've never cheated on even a girlfriend in high school. Up until about a year ago I was a devoted Christian and have only slept with 2 women in my life if you must know...my ex wife and my current wife. Same with her. This conversation reminds me of what happens when someone leaves a religion. People always assume you are "mad at God" because something must have happened to you to turn away. They never think, "Gee, maybe he just doesn't believe because he has a history degree, learns science in his spare time, has read more book for and against a god concept than I ever have, and he knows it's bull crap. No, that would be too scary a thought. He must have lost a close family member or something or God didn't answer his prayers so he got mad! I am a realist. Look up the definition. I see things for the way they are, not for the way I wish they would be. It's just like the golf delusion thread. The people like Mike and Erik see golf and golfers for who they really are because of life experience and vast amounts of research and study.

Your wife slept with your ex-wife????? I like it!

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

This thread reminds me of that old "golf course, or intercourse" joke.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

If someone can tell me the point at which this thread stopped being about "how much golf your wife lets you play" and started being about evolution and man's primal urges or whatever the heck it's devolved in to, I would appreciate it, so I can move all the posts after that point to the Grill Room.

Just a link to that post, please, where it really took a turn.

I think after post #112 it really started to go off topic.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

http://thesandtrap.com/t/26545/how-much-golf-is-too-much-for-your-wife/90_30#post_1191801

Sounds about right.  There are a few legit responses (including mine ;)) after that point, but yeah, that was the beginning of the nonsense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillyk

http://thesandtrap.com/t/26545/how-much-golf-is-too-much-for-your-wife/90_30#post_1191801

Sounds about right.  There are a few legit responses (including mine ;)) after that point, but yeah, that was the beginning of the nonsense.

I feel so insulted. . .

:-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

My wife and I are homebodies for the most part. She volunteers at the local humane society on Sundays....She tells me to go golf, and I'm good wit dat! I just need once a week for playing an actual round. But, twice a week I'll hit the range on the way home from work. One for the golf, the other for the guns. Life is good!

"Golf is a day spent in a round of strenuous idleness."
William Wordsworth

Gear:
Callaway FT-S Driver Nike VR Blades/wedges TM Ghøst Putter.

Oh I get it-This is the thread where @Duff McGee reveals that he thinks he is all knowing about something but really just keeps coming off like a fool because he read one book and has been married or slept with roughly 0.00000% of the female population. Cripes kid you have got a lot to learn. And what this has to do with playing golf is beyond me.-I live golf but enjoy my time away and most of that is spent with my wife, whom I cherish and consider a partner. Talk to me when you have been married 40 years.

Your appeal to authority (age) fallacy means nothing to me. What about my post offended you so badly? Why don't you try to attack my arguments with evidence instead of your pathetic insults?

Why don't you try to attack my arguments with evidence instead of your pathetic insults?

Given the ratio of story time to evidence in your posts in this thread, I'm not sure I'd start with the how about some evidence bluster...

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Given the ratio of story time to evidence in your posts in this thread, I'm not sure I'd start with the how about some evidence bluster...

He said "you are a fool and I am older and wiser and you are wrong." I backed up my comments with explanations. There are tons of studies on this that are only a Google search away. But it doesn't matter. Many of the posters on here understand and the others rely on conventional wisdom. It's odd that I was attacked for my opinions which did not insult anyone. Maybe what I said hit too close to home for some of you and this is some kind of defense mechanism. I don't remember attacking anyone, yet I have been berrated for about 3 full pages for very reasonable things I have said as well as things I actually never said. I know this is a tough concept for some people, but just because about 4 people disagreed with something one person says doesn't mean you can take all four of those posters' posts and combine them into one giant scapegoat.

I'm just gonna go ahead and refrain from entering the fray here.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

He said "you are a fool and I am older and wiser and you are wrong." I backed up my comments with explanations. There are tons of studies on this that are only a Google search away.

But it doesn't matter. Many of the posters on here understand and the others rely on conventional wisdom. It's odd that I was attacked for my opinions which did not insult anyone. Maybe what I said hit too close to home for some of you and this is some kind of defense mechanism. I don't remember attacking anyone, yet I have been berrated for about 3 full pages for very reasonable things I have said as well as things I actually never said.

I know this is a tough concept for some people, but just because about 4 people disagreed with something one person says doesn't mean you can take all four of those posters' posts and combine them into one giant scapegoat.

If you include me in that group I want you to know that I am not attacking you.  I am always more than happy to discuss topics and concepts, I try not to attack persons.  I have seen many of your other posts and usually am in agreement.  I thought you said some things that were, lets say, interesting and I responded to them.

If anything I have said was insulting to you, I apologize, think you are an alright dude....for a guy who owns a law firm.

There is a little too much TMI lately in this thread.

But gheez, I can't talk about successful husband and wife relations, because I only have great relationships with my ex-wives.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

A lot of sad, little men trying to paint themselves as super heroes in this thread.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 3158 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!