IGNORED

Has Spieth gone from hero to zero?

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 3138 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is it the end of the Spieth era?

• Yes
    • No

I saw him hanging out late with Tiger Woods.  I think that has gotten to him.

So, you're saying that Tiger kind of rubbed off on him? :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hindsight dictates that he would have been better off taking the first two tournaments off...unless he is out of the FedEx now... I didn't look to see where he sits.

Next week is an off week for the guys so he doesn't have to play again for a couple more weeks. The break will do him good. Like said earlier, he needs to take a week off and go on vacation somewhere. Just get away from golf for a while. Then come back in 10 days and get ready in Chicago.

I haven't watched him play since the PGA. I suppose it is not impossible that he could dissappear, but not likely. Duval disappeared. Kaymer peaked, then dissappeared, then peaked again, and dissappeared again. Remember Jason Day lost his card and now he is playing lights out. Stenson got the driving yips and quit golf, only to come back hitting 3 wood off the tee nearly every time winning the fedex cup. Silly to say anyone has dissappeared after a couple of bad weeks. Was Rory done after his "wisdom tooth" made him leave the Honda Classic???? Is it the big 3? or big 4? or big 69? or who cares? This media driven rivalry fabrication is comical. And finally... Of course I don't think Spieth is washed up?!?!

He looks rattled for sure.

He was just watching Texas get wiped off the map by ND.

Upsetting to any TU fan; maybe the prospects of UT's football season rattled him.

Guess he should have gone to A&M.; :-$

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

If by finishing strong you mean birdieing the last hole on a day over par again without a single bird... Yes he finished strong...

Meant for the season.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

[quote name="newtogolf" url="/t/84266/has-spieth-gone-from-hero-to-zero/20_20#post_1195492"]You can tell by his demeanor on the course he's mentally fatigued.  He's frustrated, irritable and doesn't appear to be enjoying his time on the course.  It's been a long season for him, contending in all 4 majors, winning 2 and the obligations that go along with it probably have caught up with him. Jordan and his caddie need to take a vacation, at least a week of no golf and just relax.  I have no doubt he'll be back in contention after a break.

Hindsight dictates that he would have been better off taking the first two tournaments off...unless he is out of the FedEx now... I didn't look to see where he sits.[/quote] There is a $10,000,000 award for winning the FedEx. Would you skip the first two if it gave you a better chance to win? Golf is hard. Staying at that level is even harder.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

There is a $10,000,000 award for winning the FedEx. Would you skip the first two if it gave you a better chance to win?

Golf is hard. Staying at that level is even harder.

That is why it is hindsight Scotty. He would be rested for two weeks and no different in the standings. Playing in these first two tournaments "seemingly" didn't do him any favors.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

[QUOTE name="boogielicious" url="/t/84266/has-spieth-gone-from-hero-to-zero/36#post_1195658"] There is a $10,000,000 award for winning the FedEx. Would you skip the first two if it gave you a better chance to win? Golf is hard. Staying at that level is even harder.[/QUOTE] That is why it is hindsight Scotty. He would be rested for two weeks and no different in the standings. Playing in these first two tournaments "seemingly" didn't do him any favors.

I agree with that.

Scott

My Swing Thread

[quote name="Valleygolfer" url="/t/84266/has-spieth-gone-from-hero-to-zero/36#post_1195674"][QUOTE name="boogielicious" url="/t/84266/has-spieth-gone-from-hero-to-zero/36#post_1195658"] There is a $10,000,000 award for winning the FedEx. Would you skip the first two if it gave you a better chance to win? Golf is hard. Staying at that level is even harder.[/QUOTE] That is why it is hindsight Scotty. He would be rested for two weeks and no different in the standings. Playing in these first two tournaments "seemingly" didn't do him any favors.

I agree with that.[/quote] i agree too... actually, if you are ranked #1 or 2 going into the playoffs, it would take a collection of unusual things happening to knock you out of the top 5 before the tour championship... and since top 5 all have the same "win event, win fedex cup" chances, you could conceivably skip the first 3 and still be in good position...

He was just watching Texas get wiped off the map by ND. Upsetting to any TU fan; maybe the prospects of UT's football season rattled him. Guess he should have gone to A&M.;:-$

Off topic, but if ND's qb plays like that all year, there are a lot of teams that are going to get waxed by ND. The Irish are for real this year.

Off topic, but if ND's qb plays like that all year, there are a lot of teams that are going to get waxed by ND. The Irish are for real this year.

Notre dame is always claimed to be for real and they always fold.Most overrated team every year.Think its more about Texas sucking.

Notre dame is always claimed to be for real and they always fold.Most overrated team every year.Think its more about Texas sucking.

They were for real last year until their entire defense ended up getting hurt. I follow ND pretty regularly and no joke, this is the most talented team they've had in over 20 years. Now whether it results in a playoff bid, who knows. But talent wise, Kelly has said this is the best he's ever had yet in South Bend. Their qb is a stud.

They were for real last year until their entire defense ended up getting hurt. I follow ND pretty regularly and no joke, this is the most talented team they've had in over 20 years. Now whether it results in a playoff bid, who knows. But talent wise, Kelly has said this is the best he's ever had yet in South Bend. Their qb is a stud.

ND running back is done for the year.

The Rory era lasted a little over a year.  Then the Speith era lasted about 9 months.  The Day era only lasted 2 tournaments.  Now it's on to the Ricky era!! Ricky is going to win 20 majors.  Anyone can see that.  The way he hits driver on the 72nd hole, he's a can't miss to break Jack's record.

Occam's razor

The Rory era lasted a little over a year.  Then the Speith era lasted about 9 months.  The Day era only lasted 2 tournaments.  Now it's on to the Ricky era!! Ricky is going to win 20 majors.  Anyone can see that.  The way he hits driver on the 72nd hole, he's a can't miss to break Jack's record.

It's part of the media's Short Term Attention Span disorder!

Scott

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 3138 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!