IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Thursday, April 29 - Sugar Hill Golf Club

Played the back nine and shot a 47.

Very frustrating Jekyll and Hyde round.  Started with a bomb of a 3 wood that went over 250 yards, leaving me just under 70 yards from the pin.  Hit my 58° wedge to about 20 feet.  My first putt was decent, it was just about four feet past the hole because it was a downhill, right-to-left putt with over five feet of break in it.  The putt back up the hill didn't break a bit and slid just past.  On the next hole, I had a nine iron in, and I bladed the hell out of it and had to take a drop because the ball was lost.  Hit a nice pitch and salvaged a double bogey, but was really frustrated with myself.  Triple bogeyed the par three 12th by missing short right and then making an absolute mess of it with my short game.  Followed that with a par-bogey-par-bogey stretch, and then lost another ball on the 17th, and made triple.  Finished strong with a par on 18.

Positives are that my driver is coming around.  I hit more straight this week, but the lost ball on 17 was with the driver, and it was just a piss poor swing.  I'm also hitting my irons dead straight.  I hit a perfect five iron tee shot on the par four 14th, but chunked my six iron approach because I threw my arms at the ball.  On the next hole, I hit a seven iron right at the pin, leaving me about 15 feet for birdie.  On the par three 16th, I hit a five iron right over the pin - and sadly, the green as well - that was absolutely pure.

Negatives are still my short game.  It's just horribly inconsistent.  I'll hit a really great shot, but then I'll hit a bunch of really poor ones.  I'm working on it.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot 90 today, 4 fairways hit and 4 GIR. It was windy and the greens had been aerated. Drove the ball well but approach shots were awful. Short game was decent with only one bladed pitch, but they weren’t all hit to a makeable distance. Hit my start lines on the greens - that’s all I can evaluate on my putting in these conditions.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

9 hours ago, Hardspoon said:

Shot my personal best yesterday: a 78...on an easy course, but still, a 6.9 differential...almost 10 better than my index.  A really fun day!

Congrats!

Reminds me of when I had a couple of out-of-the-blue exceptional rounds about 1-1.5yrs ago that lowered my handicap significantly and it took a while for them to fall off.  It’s taken a long while for my HCP to finally get back to where it’s more reflective of my game again. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Saturday: 78 - 72.1/135 6808 yds (Colorado National GC, Eerie CO)

Sunday: 81 - 71.3/132 6718 yds (Mariana Butte GC in Loveland, CO)

My swing seems to be coming into form.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I am beginning to think if I don't play the last two holes, I will have a decent score.  Take today for example, sitting on 82 thru 16 holes.  I know for that is a horrible round, but I see as promise of better rounds to come.  On the 17th hole (actually #8 as we played the back 9 first), we tee off and the rain/thunder/lightning happen....yup, GAME OVER!   If I extrapolate bogie, which is what I was pretty much playing most of the round, over the last two that comes to 92.  One of my better rounds for sure.  Anyway, it was a good day of consistent golf - with a lot of scrambles for par on "rough" greens.  Overall ball striking consistent to where I was confident on club choice for a given shot.  Plan to get back out sometime this week for another round, maybe a full round that will be just as rewarding.    

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Saturday. 1506 tee time. Front 9 shot a 42 that was marked by crappy tee shots and good to great wedge play. 3 some Played the front in 1:42. Back side, got behind a backup. A bad backup. By the time we got to the tee on 14 we were almost 2 hours into the side, and the ranger was tired of being called a racist by the 3 groups holding everything up and kept trying to play as two sixsomes.... We jumped around all this nonsense and played 18.  I was so pissed I probably shot another 42, in 5 holes. LOL

Edited by Esox

Opening day of league play. Rained pretty much the whole 9 holes and had a few delays due to weather. Difficult play. I was only 1 over for 10-14 with an up and down from 120 on 11 after dunking one in the drink and a birdie at 14 I hit to 3 feet from 120. 3 putt at 13 so could have been even through 14. Then the really hard rains came and I had to take my glasses off. Then I make double at 15, double at 16, 3 putt 17. If there is a bright side to shooting a 42 is that  I’m on my way to having a higher handicap for the league and getting a few strokes I guess.

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

I’ve got a lot of golf to tell y’all about (including regionals on Monday, more about that in my blog!), playing four days in a five-day stretch, so here we go!

THURSDAY: This was the last official day of practice of the season, so we had a match to finish. Me, two teammates and one of the coaches played nine holes from the blues. I was off to a strong start, one under through two after getting up and down for par on the first hole and hitting a 6I to within a foot on the second hole. I didn’t know it because I was only focused on what I was doing, but I already had a three-stroke lead.

I pretty much coasted for the next six holes, and when we got to the ninth tee I was five over, but I still led by one. When my coach told me that, it turned into Choke City. I was 100 out after two shots, and a par would seal at least a tie. Then I hit my third into a bunker, took two to get out, and then three putted for a triple bogey. I had shot 44, earning me a third-place finish and a two-stroke deficit. Not a good way to end, but some good golf was to come.

SATURDAY: The coach treated us to a weekend at the beach before regionals (we went down Friday afternoon and left Sunday morning) and we played a nice course while we were there. It wasn’t that hard a course, but I still shot 99. Not a great round, but I was putting reasonably well and hitting some huge drives (I think I hit four tee shots 270 or longer). 

I told my coach afterward that I hit probably every mishit possible: I chunked shots, thinned em, shanked em, pulled em, pushed em. Topping was the only one I don’t recall hitting, but it was super inconsistent.

SUNDAY: We went to Keith Hills on Sunday morning for our practice round. We hit our tee shots and approaches to the pin locations there, but then we picked up our balls and chipped and putted to where we imagined the holes would be cut Monday.

I hit the ball pretty well on those holes, and the highlight was where I dropped a ball around the 140-yard mark and hit a 9I to two feet. 

We did have seven holes, however, where we kept score and played like it was the actual tournament. Holes 6-9 was a tough stretch, but I went +4 there, so I was fairly pleased with that. 

On the back, we kept score on holes 14-16, and I made an eight on the par-3 14th after having bunker trouble. On the 15th I made a double after hitting my second shot OB and making a nice up-and-down. The 16th is a short par 4, around 330 from the tips. It was downhill and downwind, and the course was firm, so I was able to get my tee shot pretty close to the green. Up-and-down for birdie!

I’ll go more in-depth about the tournament in my blog later today, and it will probably be my last post there.

• Like 1

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Worst round in a LONG time. 95 (adjusted diff 15.8).

Fairways: 10/14

greens: 7

putts:36 (SGP:  -1.32) 😡

golf is a stupid game

* I did have one birdie :-)

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

95 today - late afternoon round where I was solo most of the round.  Was okay - haven’t played this course in a couple of months, so I was misreading the lag on my putts - a lot of pars missed due to putting with too much speed.  Overall 8/14 on fairways, 36 putts. 2GIR’s and 5nGIR’s - focused on approach shots with the irons.  Didn’t help that I had my 2nd Covid vaccine shot yesterday....

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Feeling pretty vindicated for all the work I've put in I finally broke par over 9 holes. Shot a 2 under, bogie free 34 on the front. I have shot par over 9 like 6 times or so but this feels like a bit of a breakthrough. I didn't play great on the back one bad tee shot led to a double and the putter went a little cold but overall it was a great day and it was cool because we actually had a full group and I usually play better alone. Now its time to put it together for 18 and break 70.

image.thumb.png.28872ee9161a965c1f6d2ba8323b91a9.png

image.thumb.png.794a49892e5cdd20733a93804b47dd8a.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Shot 81 today (38/43). Had 16 nGIR/GIR, 29 putts, and 1 penalty stroke. I think the 16 GIR/nGIR is a personal best.

Showed up at the first tee and noticed my GPS watch wasn't charged. One of my kids must have been messing with it the other day. So played watch free, which was odd. I found myself looking down at my wrist everytime I got to the ball. Still had a rangefinder, so it didn't impact my play at all.

Short game was pretty solid today, which led to a number of 1-putt pars, which was an improvement from recent rounds.  

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

After a 73 on May 1, I followed it up with an 85, 79, 86, 75, 78, and a 75 today. Those 80's were because they had aerated, and I just can't figure out the speed or the line. They did a Dri-Ject aeration, so other than a little bumpy for a day or two, they then rolled the greens, and they're almost perfect now, hence, the lower scores.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Signs of life with my golf game. Ugly double at 1.... then made 7/8 pars and the only bogey was a 3 putt where I missed a short one. Otherwise I played those last 8 holes hitting 5/8 and 3 for 3 on saves. I want the first hole back tho. Regardless left the course feeling good  and to top it off my league partner took the night off with bad reaction to his vaccine so I was playing by myself and earned us 2nd place points for the week.

Edited by Dunit507

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Shot an 84 today which is my 2nd best ever round at my home course. It is a par 71 and I had an awful start. I was 9 over after the 5th hole and then caught lightning in a bottle by my standards. I had 9 pars and a birdie in the next 13 holes. So finished 13 over and that was including two penalty strokes for losing a ball on the par 3 17th. (Just a complete mishit)

Delighted and felt like I couldn’t miss a putt and found a feel that made my driver stay between the ditches

Onwards and upwards 

45203FE3-10EA-4F4F-B738-E734AC2F0DE5.png

Edited by Nail
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

77 yesterday and a 75 today.

I could have shot a 72 today if one of my partners didn't say, "Don't hit it left", right before my swing. Ended up putting it into the water for a double bogey.

I almost showed him where he should stick a club!

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Can best sum up today’s round like this. On 13 I hit an 8 iron. 150 middle and 163 back. I absolutely nut it. Maybe the best 8 iron I have ever hit in my life. It is high and all over the pin. We are thinking maybe a chance for a 1. And then it comes down over the back of the green. Sticks in heavy rough and I barely hit the green with my chip. That’s the best way to sum up my day. Good ball striking and poor scoring all day. Positive I kept it in play and I avoided doubles and big numbers. Negative I only hit 4 greens and only made 4 pars. I probably made 30 feet of putts all day and burned the lip with par putts all day. One of the worst scores I’ve posted in a while but don’t feel bad about it. Just one of those days that are bound to happen if you play enough.