IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

4/27-4/29 Bright Leaf Golf Resort 68.5/ 118 3 day, 6 round stay and play. Very sore hands and feet but it was a blast. Played above average but the course is short but you can find trouble easily. The rounds in order: 78, 77, 85 (so sore that morning), 80, 81 and 76 (!!!!!). 32.1 putt average 9.2/14 Fairway average 9.6 GIR average Drove the ball about the best I ever had. Iron play was sketchy but slogged through it. Played the par 3's (24 holes) at +21 Played the par 5's (24 holes) at +1 with 9 birdies. Can't wait to go back next year for the 6th year

Played twice yesterday -

Not talking about the first round (85 on very short tees) .....Good friends, but didn't play well at all

2nd round much better, played with better players too - though still a bogie fest.  I could have chipped better, and lost a couple drives on two hole - one right, one left.  One 3 putt just no excuse for that one.  Hit a great fading 2h after a dicey drive (over water and made the trap next to the hole) - a couple GIRs from over 200 one for birdie.  3 sand traps, one sandy for birdie, the other two I'm not happy with considering sand has been good for me lately.

Couldn't hit a short par 3 green if my life counted on it....

If I was up and down like a last week it would have been a great round for me.  Even better - just hit the greens in the first place.

I really liked this course.

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

41-41=82 @ Saxon GC from men's tees.

Heavy overnight rain with no roll in the fairway and slow wet greens.

Teed off at 8:15. Sunk my last putt at 10:55. 2 hours and 40 minutes from start to finish.

Tried a different driver, and after the round sent it immediately to the basement.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

45/44 at Prairie Lakes again. Driver was still on, but my irons were terrible and I 3-putted 4 bogeys that I shoulda made par. Hit almost no GIR, but once again the short game got me close enough to 2-putt most times. My 3-putts came on the few holes I actually hit the GIR....

Par 72. 70.5/126. Shot 80 today. All in all really with my iron play. The work ive been putting in on my shoulder turn is starting to pay off. Still struggling with driver. But i will get there...stats. 7 gir (might be a personal best) 14 ngir 33 putts and driver...sucked...

94 at Wilson. Not a very good showing, and I had been so optimistic at the range beforehand.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

90, on the nose, good for a 17.6 differential. It showed me a lot of what I need to work on this week...

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

82 at a gem of a course, Honey Creek, in of all places, Boone, Iowa.

An absolutely hidden find with a solid front nine and a surprise astoundingly cool back 9.

Bill - 

Sugar Isle Golf Course, New Carlisle OH. Par 72, 70.2/ 107 Shot a nice 77. Everything worked well. Pulled driver on a risk/ reward hole and it bit me in the butt with an OB drive for double. 10/14 fairways 14 greens 35 putts I will take it!

7081/74.0/131 Par 72

51+43=94

Horrible front nine, my tempo was bad and I hit 2 balls into hazards as well as shanked an easy chip shot into a bunker then hit 6 inches behind the ball and took 3 strokes to get out of a bunker and got a 9 on the hole. Finished the 8th and 9th with pars though and went into the back solid was 3 under bogey golf (on pace for a 42) until I tripled an easy hole after I hit my drive through the fairway and into tree trouble. Then hit a tree and my ball buried in thick rough and so on. Birdied the 18th however and finished out the day strong and had a great time playing!

Another 80 today on the same course 70.5/126. It was a weird feeling round today. The front nine was a little rough. Again had a little trouble off the tee box. Got a xouple lucky breaks. Had a ugly double on a par 3. Hot some solid shots though. Got off the tee box much better on the back nine. I didnt feel like i was hitting my irons very well, had a lot of long lag putts. But then i add up the stats on the back nine and realize i hit 7/9 greens on the back. 38 on the back nine. Final stats...7/14 good drives, 9/18 gir, 14/18 ngir, 33 putts

40 and played better than that. Was +1 through 7 and hitting it well. Afternoon storm blew in and but by # 8 carts were stacked up from people playing speed golf trying to finish the front. I hit a few punch shots laying up to keep things moving and got bad bounces on holes I usually par and stand a chance to birdie. One punch traveled a litte far under a tree and next swing was restricted. The other resulted in a penalty. So +3 trying to get us off the course so my mom wouldn't get stuck out there. Rain started hammering as soon as I rolled up to the cars to unload.

Dave :-)

41-36-77 (w/ 2 double bogeys and no birdies)

68.7/124

Opening Couples Tournament

Springfield Golf & CC

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

A really annoying 42 (par 37, 9 holer). Hit one fairway... on 9. Getting OUT of trouble has always been a strength, since I was always getting INTO trouble early on. When I put myself back into play or had an opening, stripe the approach to one putt range. made some, missed a couple. This, after having a good range session the morning before with the driver. Then having it go on vacation or run away when I actually need it. Oh, as an example of the play yesterday. FINALLY hit the fairway on the Par 5 (short) and had 190 to the front, made the approach and pushed it right into the trap, well below the green. Caught it heavy and came up short with a sidehill lie in thick grass that the ball settled down. One of my buddies made one of those snarky comments: "Ray's not gonna get his fiiiiiive" ...you know, in that whiny little annoying voice. But not very loud, just loud enough I heard it but didn't react. I got it out of the grass with a high flop type and put it 15-17 feet left of the hole. slight downhill and across the slope so about 24" or more of break. Lined it up, stroked it and as the ball got about 3 feet away from the hole, I turned to him and made the SAME comment right back at him. only added the "HUH?" at the end. 'kerplunk'... stunned silence. I was already pissed off at my play, and he just made me try THAT much more on that one. Got me a free beer for the effort.

75 (+3) second week straight. very happy.

started with 4 bogeys (2x3putts, one recovey, one green flyed).

I played the next 14 holes with 3 birdies and two bogeys.

pared the first 220 yard par 3 (N°6) and birdied the second (N°13). helps.. these are really bogey holes. I almost pared the 7th a 480 yard par4.

Monday, May 4

39-42=81 @ River Forest (10 over) from blue tees

2 doubles, 7 bogies, 8 pars, 1 birdie

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D