IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I played late afternoon and completed 18 holes before dark.   It was a hot day with a 100+ Heat Index so the course wasn't crowded.   I ran into some traffic on the front and skipped 4 holes, but it was clear sailing on the back.   By the the time I came off 18, it was late enough that I could easily play the 4 holes I skipped on the front without waiting on anybody.  The traffic was perfectly dispersed!!!  hahaha..... I needed to play 3-4-6-7.....there were golfers on 1-2 that I drove past, but 3-7 were empty!!   I caught a 4-some on 7, but they were far enough ahead that they cleared the green before I was ready to hit my approach.  Gotta' love it when a plan comes together!!

;-)

72.5CR 137Slope:  6564yds par72 course

38-36=74

Fairways: 8/14

Greens: 9

Putts: 29

Thanks to bad iron play, I hit too many greenside bunkers!!  2/5 SS

Playing from 5 greenside bunkers in a single round might be a personal record for me......LOL

Birdies: 2

Penalties: 0

My iron play is a disgrace, but I drove the ball in play and slapped it around the green somewhere, and chipped and putted well.   I made most of the putts inside of 10',and this was my saving grace today.  74 is one of my better rounds of the year, so I'm not complaining.....but my iron striking is terrible.  I'm not hitting my wedges close enough, and I'm not making clean contact with the longer clubs.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

77 at the Golf Club of Indiana. 72.3 CR. Played actually poorly. Only hit 5 fairways but 11greens. Bogeyed all par 3s but one was a bird

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Finally, Finally, Finally I broke 80. My wife and daughter have been in a couple of hours up the road for most of the summer, which has given me extensive time to practice during the week. They're back for good this weekend, so I really needed to, finally, break 80. And, it happened!!!!

I broke 90 for the first time and shot an honest 82 with future in-laws. Not sure how I did it, was so nervous about playing well. First time on a new course, it was an easy course, but I kept the ball in play off the tee and shot only 2 over on the front nine, and 8 over on the back.

Up and down between the front and back but I managed a great score for myself, now the only problem is I'll expect myself to shoot around that all the time...

Highlights include a 70 yard hole out from the rough for eagle on a short par 4, and a 310 yard bomb assisted by downhill and winds, which setup for an AW into the green on a par 5 (hole was zig zag shape so I effectively cut two corners)

85 on my slope 143 death-trap.   two doubles and putted very well.   index coming down way too much for the club championship next month.   oh well.

—Adam

Wasn't today but at the weekend I shot a pair of 103s off the Competition tees on Saturday in a Stableford comp (35 points) and off the Practice tees on Sunday (33 points).

I'm currently a 28 handicapper trying to break 100.  The round on Sunday I shot 49 on the front nine (best ever) then it started chucking it down.  The group I was playing with went in after 12 but I soldiered on as it was a good chance to break 100.  Needless to say, the day is still eluding me!

At Putnam National Wednesday I shot 89...45-44   5913 ...69.3 / 121

Good to get under 90 even from the shorter tees!

Shot a 52 on the back 9 at Rancho San Joaquin this morning (6am tee time). One birdie, one penalty, and lots of bad putting (23 putts!). Driving is much improved, and only two mis-strikes that stand out in my mind.... Maybe if I hadn't played from the blacks, not warmed up, etc.....

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Snuck off work and played this morning.

Fox Hollow (Links/Canyon)

Played from the tips because one of the guys wanted to play from there.

73.0/137, 7030 yds, par 72

40 + 39 =79

Fairways: 8/14
Greens: 8
Putts: 30

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

77 front 35 back 42 par 72 rate 72.6 slope 135 indexed 3.7

FINALLY put up a good round this year, had to shoot 1 under on the front to break 80 but at least I finally did it.

Birds 2

Pars 10

Bogs 5

DB    1

FRWYS  10/14

GIR         10/18

Putts        33  front 13  back 20

I'm hoping today was finally a sign of things to come in the near future I absolutely hate seeing double digit index scores on my hdcp page so maybe this is the start.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Shot a 79 this morning with the visiting marshals. Struggled on the front and could not find the greens but settled down a bit on the back with a +1 with two birdies. Felling better about the swing.

I golf in a league and the course rating is 66.9 and the slope is 119.

This past week I shot a 39 (par 36)

6 pars

3 bogeys

Putted really well for a change!

I had a good round this morning shot a 76. Putted and hit my irons well, but miss hit a few wedge shots that cost me. Ended up with 6 bogeys, no birdies.   So overall I am not going to complain.

Hardscrabble Country Club

CR 74.3 Slope 146  Par 70

92. Par 3s killed me. +8. Greens at this course are in the worst condition they have ever been. Grounds doing all they can to catch them up. Hard to do in this heat an with water restrictions

Shot 74 with 3 birds. Had 6 UD's and 27 putts so that's why it's lower than usual. 12 putts on the front. The hip slid I've been trying from LSW I think is working and I'm not missing by too much lately.

72.5CR 137Slope:  6564yds par72 course

37-36=73

Fairways=8/14

GIR= 9

Putts=29

My mid-long iron game is still a disgrace, but my putting inside of 10' saved the day.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch