IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Had my best run Friday (took off work), slipped in a last minute tee time and joined a 2-some walking (they walked as well) both good golfers (4-5 HCI).

I didn't even get a chance to hit some balls at the range, just stepped up to #1 and hit a nice drive. That was a shock. Further shock was starting my round birdie-par-par-par-par.... -1 through 5 holes! Then went triple-single-double-single for a +6 for the 9. The triple was a bonehead mistake. I hit one into a hazard 100y in front of me severely downhill (water). I should have taken a drop from behind the hazard for an easier ~70y approach uphill but instead I dropped it at 170y where I shot the first one. I hit the green but had one of those that looked like it stopped but NOPE... SLOWLYYYY rolled off the green, onto the cart path... ALLLL the way down the cart path hill and into the same hazard! We all had a good laugh at that one. The whole thing took about 60 seconds to happen lol, slow and painful to watch.

Still... all-in-all a pretty solid 9 hole round. The back 9 was fine (+7) but I'm learning that when it's hot and I start getting tired my body gets way ahead of my arms and the face opens, and consistently to boot. Consistently is good though, because I can fix that; will just take some practice and some stamina training making sure I don't get out of sequence with my swing.

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played a couple of times over the holiday weekend and it was a disaster. 47-44-91 and 47-47-94. I haven't broken 90 in four consecutive rounds. The first two led me to get some guidance from my Pro, but making the necessary changes is going to be painful and the last two rounds over the weekend were no fun. If my short game wasn't working (making saves for bogies) it would have been far worse. Range rat this week.

Bill M

9 over 45, and that's with a pair of triples mid round. 57% Fairways and 56% GIR. Putting was only so-so at 18 with a three putt on the 2nd from about 60+ feet and another 3 putt on 4 from 60+ feet..... So yeah, those triples... I didn't let them get to me, but it was a bit annoying how I got them. Both were do in large part to losing a ball off the tee. Neither shot was "bad" as I hit the line I wanted but the first one got pushed by a pretty strong left to right wind so what would have been a ball just off the right of the fairway ended up bouncing once then going OB. The problem was, I had to wait so long to tee off because I had caught up to the league that was playing that I didn't notice the wind had gotten stronger. The tee area is protected by trees and there wasn't any good indicators to show me that the wind had picked up. I adjusted on my provisional and ended up dead center of the fairway. The next hole I lost another off the tee, this time I aimed left like I had on my second tee shot on 4 except this time I had to wait so long the wind died down and the ball went straight into some tall grass. Even though I want to blame the long waits and the wind I know it really is on me to pay attention and stay within myself in these situations. That's why I didn't let myself get upset about those two holes. 

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

So after picking up the sport last summer, quickly becoming obsessed, taking about 8 lessons and a boat load of time at the driving range, I went out today on the course. It was a shitty, short 9 hole course, par 31...and I shot 53.

I chipped the ball with my sand wedge pretty well, and had 2 good drives. Other than that, not much positive - I did read the putt, a big right to left, almost perfectly on the last hole and just shorted about a 15 foot breaker.

I found that hitting my irons in the tee box was really difficult and much different than the range. The was a TON of wind about 20 mph mostly into our faces through the entire round, but I only hit about 2-3 solid iron shots.

Anyway, got 1 under my belt and I look forward to getting a lot better!

SGCC Gold Tees

37-40-77   One birdie, one double and a three putt on the back 9.  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

55 - 49 - 104

Bad off the tee on the front. Uncharacteristically duffed some chips near the green. Was killing my irons from the fairway. Sub 100 again is around the corner.

85 at the Boulder City course yesterday. (42-43). My 34 putts were a few above my normal. Tried a few different things to liven things up. Tried to cut a dogleg, which  put my brain juices to a little test, once I found my ball.   Best shots of the day were the ones I missed the water hazards with. Golfed with a couple of older guys I had never met before. They both played well, with games similar to mine. Temp was hovering around the 100 degree mark, but this course has a bunch of mature trees which offers a lot of shade. Might go again today @ another local  course that is severely lacking in shade. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Our 2nd MPSGA Tournament was held today at Gateway Golf Club.  Great weather.  The course was playing short enough to allow me hit a lot of driver/wedge.  Differential of 7.4.  I am hoping one of my birdies holds up for a skin. At least no one in my group cut me.

Brian Kuehn

Shot a 43- even par 36! For a 79. Amazing since I shot the high round of the year of 95 on Tuesday.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Shot a 3-over 39.

Had pretty much my best round of golf tee-to-green that i can remember.

I had 5 birdie putts ranging from 2-25 feet.  I made one at least!

As usual my short putting let me down.  Missed 3 putts inside 5 feet.

Off the next two weeks which stinks as I am playing the best golf of my life right now!!

78 with horrific ball striking. I was injured for a couple months early this year. Friday I finally got swing vids the first since last summer. I had no idea but my injury led to a flaw. I am flipping a bit caused by casting that evidently some from moving in a way that doesn't hurt.

I saw the problem made the change and immediate had right side discomfort. The flip and casting thing causes a mini slice and I lose distance. If I don't do it I hurt but hit it better but I can't go full speed and it sometimes leads to baby chunks. Not sure what to do other than improve fitness while playing half speed. I may move up a tee. 

Dave :-)

This was Friday.

48 for 9. It's amazing how one bad shot and a missed putt here and there will add up.

10th hole hit duffed my drive, punched out of tall grass, hit my third shot into the hazard but found the ball (I was laying up, but you know I'd hit it a little too far), dropped it back because I didn't want to stand with one foot in the water, put my next shot 6 feet from the hole, putted out for bogey. +1

11th hit a crappy drive (didn't play the ball far enough forward and got under it), then hit a rinky dink to 40 yds off the green, dropped a lob shot 6 feet from the hole, two putted. +1 Cart girl was there and I needed water, I signaled but she didn't see me. Finished my last bottle of gatorade.

12th hit a 5 iron then a rinky dink to 40 yds, shanked my wedge shot, didn't hit my lob shot firmly enough and landed on the fringe, chipped and putted. +2

13th - solid drive to middle of fairway, rinky dink to 96 yds. GW to middle of green. three putted. +1

14th GW went left of the flag and landed past the bunker on the left, 64 over the bunker tried to short side the flag but was hitting off hardpan, still made the green but with too much rollout. Long putt - missed. made the second. +1

15th - dogleg so rinky dink off the tee - pushed the shot right into the rough. Hit another rinky dink but the club went under the ball and hit a flop shot about 10 yds. The hit a 6i to 40 yds. Chipped and ran it with a PW but the green was baked and the ball ran onto the fringe in the back but 15 feet from the pin. Chipped on with putter and made my putt. + 2 Finally got some water.

16th - Hit a drive that landed right side behind a tree. I had a shot with my 8 iron to the hole but was afraid of hitting the tree so duffed it to wedge distance. Hit the wedge shot onto the green. Three putted. Walked to the car. Too hot. My back was hurting. I had a migraine. So End Round. Thermometer hit 87 in the shade. This means it was baking in the sun on the fairways. Too hot for western washington in June. This is late July weather. (BTW it's supposed to hit 96 today)

39 through 16 with a par 3 and a par 4 to go. Estimated finish - 46 to 48. I'm done walking. Carts for me from now on.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Today I shot 33 points playing off a 12. I played at a course that although i am a member there it is my away club and is a lot harder than my home course. (About 2 shots probably) i played really well. Shot a 4 over par 20 pts on the front 9 but only 13 on the back due to a couple of blobs. I played well though and am happy with the score. My short game was very good i had just 31 putts and chipping waa great but i still stuggle with distance as im only 13 i dont hit it very far and struggle to reach a lot of par 4s in two !

37 after moving up to whites. Just need to fix my driving. A 385 yard hole is 3 iron 6-7 iron and frankly it only proves how shitty my driving is. The par 3's are cake just shaving 15-20 off. 

Dave :-)

Shot 87 today off the Comp tees. I would normally be fairly happy with that but I was just 8 over on the 16th tee. The 9 on the par 5 18th was an absolute disaster.

However, I did birdie the hardest hole on the course, a 390 yard dog-leg right par 4. The second shot is entirely over water, needing to carry at least 150, sometimes more. I hit my 160yd 8I to 15 ft and rolled the beauty in.

• Upvote 1

3.2 differential at Hudson Mills.  Played the back nine at +1, including an into the wind par on the 447 yard closing hole [okay, it took driver, 3-wood and sand wedge to get it to tap in range].

Brian Kuehn

Posted an ugly 94 (46/48) on the home course yesterday.  Really really bad day off the tee with 4 penalties, thankfully I was hitting the irons half way decently, otherwise it would have been a complete disaster...oh well, back to the range tonight.