IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

39-40-79 11 Pars, 8 Bogies nothing special, ho hum round.  Just couldn't buy a putt

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played 50 holes today on a local 9-hole par 34 course and shot 33-34-34-35-33 with 22 strokes on the last 5 holes (all par 4's) for a cumulative total of +1. I was several under par at one point, but bogeys creeped up on me as I got more and more tired.

Hot start but gave them all back. :-(

Round_zpsxeexjowr.png

Edited by shortstop20

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Played this tough par 3 track today. 

Shot 3 over (30) 

I only hit two greens in reg (lipped both of those birdie putts out) but I putted lights out and dropped a few 8 footers to save par. 13 putts. Pretty happy. 

40-39-79 3-3 putts and 1 double, ugh

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

38. Had bogey, birdie and was even through 6.

Got aggressive on a dog leg left par 4, and hit a great looking drive that almost carried the trees.

It caught a branch and flicked into a 150 yd fairway bunker blocked a bit by trees. Failed miserably from there, getting a double.

Think I'm going to play a practice round during off peak, where I hit out of every bunker on the course.

Played a few today went par par bogey (tee ball in left water)

double bogey on long par 3 into wind (tee shot left water missed putt)

par birdie on number one handicap hole par 

I need to get a few full rounds in but it could be my release is more free with my five minute a day in the backyard working on it.  It could be that I am getting the face more square at impact from practicing a free swing without a ball.

I like the feel of my finish.  I am completing my swing better but it might be I need to change my lines off the tee a bit.

If after a few rounds I am getting a left miss I might need video which I have not used for quite a while.

My team shot a -3 in the Kittyhawk Men's Association's ABCD Scramble. It was the first event of the year. I had to run back to the office immediately after, but there were at least two groups in at -5 when I left. 

Naturally, as my group's D player, my effect on the proceedings was very limited. We probably used six or seven of my shots all day. Probably the best contribution was hitting some half-decent, "safe" shots. That let our bombers (the A and B) let em rip. Our C was an older guy. Pretty short, but he was the guy making all the puts. Chipped another one in to boot. 

It was a good group of guys and I needed to get away from the office for at least a little bit. Got a bunch to do when I get the time for golf again.

Played Woodside Plantation Country Club in Aiken GA - Wisteria Course

We played White Tee, 6300 Yds, 70.4/129

38-39-77 2 birdies, 1 three putt and 1 damn double on 18 (ugh)

Course was pretty nice, pretty narrow in places. Very nice facility, good driving range, club house was nice.  Here are two of the par 3's,  7 and 17. If you look close you can see my two shots, just above the hole on to the right on 7 and just to the left of the hole on 17.

Hole 7 - 160 Yd 

IMG_0065.thumb.JPG.ae8ce66836f1760f9c0c47d38ab1f6d3.JPG

Hole 17 - 135 Yds

IMG_0064.thumb.JPG.6af825468b71119b78171b94dd61015b.JPG

No just need to keep the rain away so that we can get the round in at GHrand Harbor.  

• Upvote 2

-Jerry

Oops, Woodside Plantation is in Aiken SC.

-Jerry

48+49=97

it was another long day. Hit 8 FWs and 5 GIRs, but short game stayed home in bed and el Alemán crushed me (it all played out much better in my sleep). Started really well both front and back nines, but as they advanced, I got worse. 

My putting was atrocious and could not hit a chip or approach to save my life

More than just short game, gonna need to pay more attention to how I am playing--tend to start trying to swing too hard and fast and get herky-jerky

next week will hopefully be better...

1st round of the year on Saturday - couldn't be happier.

The Summit - 81 (40/41)

Contact is better than ever, shortening my backswing has really paid off.  Hopefully it's improved motion, not just cold ground and bristly grass (great lies pretty much everywhere).

Unfortunately my chipping and putting was lousy.  Leaving everything short - typical for beginning of the season.  Four 3-putts.  Every chance to scramble I left the chips very short.

But led off with 3 pars in a row, good approaches, and a 2 putt birdie on the day.  Got matched up with 3 decent guys to play with too.  Got to hit every club in the bag, (except the 3w).

Found a dozen balls or more.

(my handicapping and record keeping website is pretty much defunct - I need a new one and will have to restart it all from scratch.)

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

36 holes tournament at my home course. Shoot 81-74. Ridiculus pin position and really nice heavy rough with strong winds on Saturday. 14 GIR on Sunday but really bad chips and putts.  

40-38=78. After getting off to a rough start (3 over after 3) I finished the last 15 holes +3.

Titleist 913 D3 project x 7c3
Trident Golf 3w, 5w Apollo stepless steel stiff+
Mizuno MP-60 (4-6) Mizuno MP-32 (7-9) S300
Titleist SM 5 46/50/54/58
SeeMore FGP Original SuperStroke fatso 5.0
Pro V1

Played Grand Harbor Yacht & Golf Club - Ninety Six SC

Called The Patriot Course

What a fantastic track.  Somehow we got in 18 holes in amongst the bad weather.  Started on 5 to get ahead of a 4 group tournament.  Played 9 holes, then rain and wind hit, made it back to club getting a little wet.  Then the rained stopped and we then played the final 9 holes. And actually played 2 extra holes before the real bad weather hit.  Still pouring as I have a beer at the club bar. 

38-40-78 Blue Tees 6616 Yds 72.1/136

6 bogeys no birdies, no 3-putts

This was a far better course than Woodside Plantation.  It was tough, but very fair.  Just a gorgeous place.  Liked it so much, we cancelled the course for tomorrow and are playing again.  :beer:

Here are a couple pictures.  Par 3's were pretty tough.

No. 4 - 190 Yd Par 3

IMG_0069.thumb.JPG.efa883d23c46e39589c0eb9d563efacb.JPG

No. 9 - 400 Yd Par 4

IMG_0066.thumb.JPG.561428e26b9cdb3e1aa3de52c6c81ca6.JPG

• Upvote 2

-Jerry

Good rounds @jsgolfer.. Course pics nice.:beer:

Shot 42-39 = 81 (par 70) at Elizabeth Manor yesterday with our Sunday league.

4 doubles and 3 bogs. .. :-O. 2 of the DBs from super wet muddy bunkers and 2 3-putts.

Hit driver and irons really well after the 7th hole.

Edited by GolfLug
  • Upvote 1

Vishal S.

Shot a new personal best round of 80 (40-40) on Sunday at Willow Run Golf Course in Pataskala, Ohio.

Had 1 double bogey and 1 birdie, drove really well all day. 

Hit the best approach shot of my life, Par 4, 405 yards with a huge tree right in the middle of the fairway. Tee shot was down the middle and just managed to get past the tree, which left me 195 out. It was uphill to the green, pin was middle right with a bunker guarding the right half of the green. Since it was uphill the entire way, all I could see of the green was the front left corner, the right bunker blocked the rest of the green out of view. Hit a 5 iron that started left/middle of the green (where I was aiming) and faded over the bunker(my natural shot direction with long irons), hopped and stopped with minimal roll about 6 feet short of the pin, made the putt for the birdie (first birdie of the season!) Included an Image of the hole just for reference. Arrow was where my tee shot was, red dot was where the pin was. Obviously you cant see the elevation changes in this view, but it was a pretty decent uphill slope that started past the tree and ran up to the green. 

Also was at the fringe in 2 shots on a par 5 but 3 putted from the fringe for a par. 

Ended up with 1.9 avg putts and 39% GIR

Golf.jpg

Edited by klineka
  • Upvote 2

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV