IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I played well this weekend, especially considering the conditions.

45 on the front 9 at Stoneleigh on Saturday, in the rain, with @RandallT, @iacas and @billchao...definitely hurt by a 6-6-7 start.

44-47 (91) in the wind today...counting an ESC '8' on my one blow-up hole (two drives OB - ouch) with @jsgolfer, @GolfLug and Bill. 

- John

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot a pretty solid 78 today. 10 GIR, plus an additional 3 times I putted from the fringe. Took me about 7 holes to hit a decent iron, but then I was nails from then on. Ended on a streak of 7 pars. Pretty pleased.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Living in the Philadelphia area has experienced unique weather. When the weather is decent, I play great. When the weather turns fowl so does my golf game. 

• Upvote 1

Played the Texas A&M campus course Saturday, sweet course. Rated at 74 and 7,000 yards. Shot 73, putted good had some of the worst breaks of my life that round, but hey its golf. Iron play was an A, wedge play was a B+ and the driver started out at a C and was an A- by the end of the round.

• Upvote 1

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9.0 Aldila Rogue Silver X-Stiff I Taylormade M2 3 wood Fujikara 661 Speeder X-Stiff I Callaway Apex 3 Iron UST Mamiya Recoil 780 ES F5 X-Stiff I Mizuno MP-59 4-PW Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff I Mizuno Wedges (Blue) 52_56_60 Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex I Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0 USA Edition I Taylormade Tour Preferred 

Well after a bad showing over the weekend at the TST outing, I decided I had a cold this morning and took a sick day, but then went straight to the course.  I shot a 46 on the front, just carried over bad play from the weekend. Then after yelling at myself for not focusing on yardages and taking my time over putts, i finished the back with a 39, for a round of 85.

As long as I keep practicing the right things and keeping my focus on the course I should continue improving.

• Upvote 1

Gus
---------------

Two rounds at Stoneleigh last weekend in Round Hill, VA:

Sat: 87:  39-48. Tale of two 9s. Ball striking and short game were all in great shape on the front nine which included two birdies and then weather finally caught up on back 9. Stuck it out but ball striking suffered and nothing went right.  

Sun: 98: Well, let's just say this won't get calculated in my HCP since it is my highest round in 2 years I think. Started out the day with an OB tee shot and ended up with an OB tee shot with 'few' more in between. Had 4 ESC holes. Couldn't blame this on the weather. 

Two positives:

1) +1 on the 4 par 3s.   

2) All 5 OB tee shots were almost identical misses - Straight (no curve) right pushes so they were not bad strikes but I think this might have to do with my alignment and that my swing change might actually be finally taking root. We will see if true when I play this Sunday when I make the alignment correction.

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 8:09 PM, Hardspoon said:

I played well this weekend, especially considering the conditions.

45 on the front 9 at Stoneleigh on Saturday, in the rain, with @RandallT, @iacas and @billchao...definitely hurt by a 6-6-7 start.

44-47 (91) in the wind today...counting an ESC '8' on my one blow-up hole (two drives OB - ouch) with @jsgolfer, @GolfLug and Bill. 

I thought your ball striking was a lot better than score would suggest. I would def. give an A for driving even with the two OBs. You also hit some difficult GIRs. I felt like it was a huge improvement compared to last year at Eagle Creek especially on a difficult course like Stoneliegh.  

Edited by GolfLug
  • Upvote 1

Vishal S.

Welp...a little too much fun Saturday night with my old college buddies turned into an even 100 on Sunday morning.  Round started off well enough, as I was 2 over thru 4...with the two bogies being missed 4 or 5 footers (I was ok with attesting that to the previous nights' beers haha).

Came crashing down with a shanked 5-iron on the long par-3 5th.  Once I found the ball, it didn't even cross my mind for some reason to take an unplayable before hacking it off a couple different trees and finally carding a 9.

Thought I was good after kicking in a par on 6, then hosel rocketed another approach (5-iron again!) on par-5 7th which led to another 9...game over after that.  Those swings really rattled me and I was not able to get comfortable over anything for the rest of the day.  Figure I'll get back to the range later this week to work on the basics after taking a few days to shake it off.       

- Bill

Played 9 after work today, figured I would try to get some redemption for the 46 on the front yesterday. 

I shot a 39 with 2 birdies, 2 pars, and 5 bogeys, with two 3 putts.  Hit 6 of 7 FWs and 4 of 9 GIRs.

• Upvote 1

Gus
---------------

Played Twilight League Tonight, 9 holes on the back 9.

38-3 bogeys and 1 birdie, lost to one of our previous club champions by 1 when he made a birdie on 18 and my par putt lipped out. 

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Shot a 38 today on 9 holes.  Played at my favorite local course and they had regional US Open Qualifiers there yesterday.  I knew I wasn't going to be able to play for another week or so and the weather broke finally...So I decided to get a quick 9 in.  Course was in phenomenal shape and the greens were as fast as lightning.  I was playing with a couple of high school kids as it was there practice day and we had a blast.  

I was 2 under through the first 5 and one of the young men asked me if I was a semi pro...it was as flattering a thing anyone had ever said to me as it was genuine.  After he said that I went on to shoot 4 over on the remaining 4 holes for a 38.  God bless those young chaps!

On 5/8/2017 at 1:17 PM, Billsy said:

Living in the Philadelphia area has experienced unique weather. When the weather is decent, I play great. When the weather turns fowl so does my golf game. 

Does that mean it rains chickens ?  :)

Edited by Zekez

Played in a VSGA 2-person event at Facquier Springs CC.

35-40-75 1 birdie 5 bogeys. Bogeyed 18 after hitting one OB. Not bad for first time playing course. 

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

72.5CR 137slope...par72  Yardage...6560 and some change...

Wow......it was like the greens flipped the switch!......and we are now on fast greens! ....no more winter or sandy crap greens!   I love it, but still need to adjust to nice greens!   I consider putting a strength, but the suddenly fast greens have caught me a bit off my game.  (so to speak)

My last 2 rounds....

45-39=84 ......................I three putted 3 times plus 1 4-putt!   (most of that was on the front)  It's been a LONG LONG time since I ever did that!!  I putted overly aggressive for my own good, but I played reasonably well from tee to green and putted better on the inward nine. 

38-39=77.............I was happy with my tee to green play, but still somehow snuck in a couple 3 putts.  LOL   I also made a couple nice medium range birdie putts that helped to offset the 3-jacks.   I am starting to see signs of summer form!!  I'm not there yet, but it won't be much longer if it'll stop raining!!!  

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I've been playing really well recently.  Couple of 78s and getting to the point that I feel disappointed if I don't at least challenge breaking 40 when playing 9.  Today, however, I played the best golf of my life.  5 birdies over the course of the day and as I walked off 18 I had shot a 74.  That beats my previous best score by 3 strokes. 

• Upvote 2

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

Shot a boring, but had a good time 81 today. Was in a foursome of folks I did not know. I think they were speaking Korean, but not sure. They shot some pretty high numbers. 

I had 9 pars, and 9 bogies. Made a couple of nice putts. Had 29 of those critters. Pretty much my normal game. Hopefully the weather will straighten out. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Shot a scratchy 81 on a windy, misty day. No time to warm up and hit my opening drive OB, then hung on for an up and down round. It's been a strange spring here, with cool mornings and cloudy days. Bermuda is still dormant where it's usually growing by now. Sun and heat is on the way, though.

Charles P.

:cobra: Fly-Z, Paderson shaft. :callaway: 15o XR, steelhead XR 6-PW. :adams: 16o fairway, 3 & 4 hybrids. :titleist: Vokey 48o, 52o, & 58o.  :odyssey:Toulon San Diego AR.

Doing nothing is better than being busy doing nothing.

it would be nice..................why not share course rating, slope, course par, and basic yardage from the tees you  played when giving scores.    IE...hey I shot 76 means nothing.   Was it an executive course with a 63CR or a 7600yd Championship course with a 78CR?  Right?  

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

7 hours ago, BuckeyeNut said:

it would be nice..................why not share course rating, slope, course par, and basic yardage from the tees you  played when giving scores.    IE...hey I shot 76 means nothing.   Was it an executive course with a 63CR or a 7600yd Championship course with a 78CR?  Right?  

Golf is Golf...shooting your best score on 7200 yards or 2200 yards is still an accomplishment. We should celebrate and cheer on personal bests for all. It just means that we need to set a new goal.