iacas

What'd You Shoot Today?

16,996 posts / 372789 viewsLast Reply

Stunning Spring day at my local after playing social nine with a mate yesterday (didn't keep score but had 4 pars) Practice solo round today>> Front Nine was about as woeful as it gets now outside yesterdays Nine I hadn't been on land yet alone touched a Club for over 10days..

Let's just say I was dropping a few F-Bombs as you do when no-ones around and you slice out of bounds bounced my $500 drive over my head on the third very poor pull hook ... 51 on the front one PAR ....

Then just as I was about to walk to my car I decided to put my BIG BOY pants on and focus for the second Nine..

6x Pars couple of Bogies + 1x double B for a 40 ...

= 91 3+ over HC

I don't think I've had such a Bi-polar round in my life LOL

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

We played the Angel Park Cloud 9 lighted course last night. I haven't played that course in years. All 12 holes are par 3s. They say the 12 holes represent famous par 3s used by the professionals. 

This course is located up in Summerlin, in the west, Las Vegas Valley. I highly recommend it, especilly if you have never played under lights, at night. They also have an 18 hole, putting loop available to use after a payment is made. 

Had 5 pars, and 4 bogies for a 40. We did spend some extra time, hitting balls at the island green hole. I did pretty well getting balls to stay on the green. 

Just a fun time with an old buddy of mine. Scores didn't matter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot an gross 87.
net 68, to take my league championship.

Tried to give it away with a blow up-triple bogie on 18, but held on to win by 1 stroke!

80 at Muang Keaw golf resort in Bangkok - 3rd time.  Played the back first 44 (terrible game, wet and tight lies and I couldn't get the rentals to do anything but hard draw, I couldn't get an iron to fade no matter how I set up.  driving fine, and once I figured out the irons, the heat here I got at least a club extra for all my irons).  But then the front played 36 - 2 birdies, 2 bogies.  Figured out the irons at the end, certainly not set up for me.

cool thing though, got matched up with a couple pros for a 3 group.  Great guys, positive, talkative, really supportive of my game.  Very cool.  One plays the Thai and other tours and was just starting - guy could BOMB it.  the other is a regular on the Asian Tour - super cool, his approach game and putting were amazing.

I learned a lot and had a great time.  Just in awe of the ability of these guys to hit such tightly lined up approach shots.  Next trip, I'm bringing my own clubs too.

Edited by rehmwa

I shot an 81, 39/42, yesterday at a favorite course. I've slowly been getting better with my new set up, but yesterday everything clicked. I even had 4 bad drives but managed to recover for bogeys on those. 

The only downside was being behind a really slow foursome. 5 hour round.

Played 18 yesterday in semi, 2 club windy conditions. I say "semi" because not all the holes were effected by the wind. Some were full blown, while others had little, or no wind.

Shot an 84 for my efforts. (42/42). I was consistent. I probably let the wind rob me of 2 or 3 strokes. On a couple of greens, the wind moved my ball off line. I should have allowed for it.

Weather right now is perfect for golf on most days, and I will be taking advantage of it. Especially in the later mornings.  

Played another 18 earlier today. Same course as yesterday. Shot an 80. (39/41)

Played consistent golf again, with putting (28) helping my score out. Also had two chip ins that also helped out considerably. Both of those were for par. 

Nothing but pars, and bogies, (10/8) which is pretty normal for me. 

My self imposed time away from playing seems to be helping out. Lots of energy these past few rounds. 

Edited by Patch

Now that my finger has healed enough to start playing again, after a 3 week layoff.  Played yesterday and today, both rounds were no sixes rounds, although the scores were vastly different.

Played Springfield of course.

Saturday

5 5 4 5 4 3 3 4 4 - 37     4 3 4 3 4 5 4 4 4. -35 - 72

Sunday

5 4 4 5 5 3 5 4 5 - 39     5 4 4 4 4 5 5 4 5 - 40 - 79

Edited by jsgolfer

Yesterday's round has me hanging the clubs up for a while. Replaced the oldest score on the handicap sheet, a 79, with the newest one, shot yesterday, a 97. Maybe a couple weeks layoff will bring the game back.

Shot a 98 at Green Harbor in Marshfield, MA. 

47/51

Played the blue tees and drove the fringe on a 280 yrd par 4 which felt pretty good. It felt like my best ever despite the score not showing that.

Shot 85 today at Heron Lakes (63/107). Very short course (5k) but extremely tight (one hole has about 25yards between out of bounds left and right) and lots of hazards. Actually hit the ball really well. Lost 2+ strokes to scratch off the tee and 7+ on shots approaching the green. Pretty good for me. 3 “blow up” holes otherwise I would have been close to going sub 80 which I have only done at that course once. 

Shot 93 today (69.3/121, 6150 yards). Pretty good ballstriking day, especially considering I wasn playing with clubs I had never played with before at a course I have never played on before. Kings Deer is a true target golf course, but I managed it well. 6 pars and 1 Bird! All my blow up holes were the early on getting used to hitting woods I had never hit before. Fun day. Beautiful Course. oh and my handicap is now trending to its lowest point in nearly a year!

Edited by HJJ003
Updated info

Shot 73 in the morning round of our county championship. A mix of the top pro's and amateurs. I was leading the field by a shot and considering the lowest handicap amateur was off plus 3 I thought I did quite well.

Got to the afternoon round and I got a bit tired shot 79. Tied for 10th overall.

Never mind  always next year...