IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played on Friday and shot a 69 (front nine on a par 3 course).  Finished with a 70 on the back nine for a total of 139 for the course and I couldn't be happier!  I started playing a couple of months ago.  Worked on the range for a few weeks. Even took a couple of lessons just so that I'd be able to actually make contact with the ball off the tee, rather than digging up divots behind the ball and whiffing completely.  I've played maybe 3 or 4 times on an actual course and I am improving.  Just have to learn to stay away from the water (just telling myself NOT to hit the ball into the water seems to always result in a very loud SPLASH every time!) and develop some putting skills (aim is good - can't gauge speed yet) and maybe some day I'll be able to break 120.

I'm a 65 year old, old broad but feel like a kid lugging my clubs around the course. I don't know why but this game is so addicting! 

two weekends to report -

Last weekend - 77 at a tight little target golf course near here - wife shot a personal best - I got my 5th eagle ever (that's 2 in 2 weeks).  18th hole - I'm not sure I've ever even gotten par on that hole before - I tend to mess up the line of my tee shot right up front.  510 yards, Driver, 3w, 22 foot putt.

Friday - YAY fall rates are here.   Played my favorite in the area White Eagle.  Solid 79 - empty course - lots of wildlife.  I have the same issue every time playing the last Par 5.  Always forget the hole and cut the corner too tight.  I need to play that course more than annually.

Saturday - local track - 77 - Amery Town Course.  Very windy.  Kept checking the FedEx Cup result the entire time.  A couple years ago at this course I logged the most birdies in a nine ever.  NOT this round.

I'm really striking my irons nice, pretty much all my striking is good.  If I could sink some putts I could go really low.  Just burning edges constantly.  Lots of regulation golf - it's a good place to be IMO.  I'll take it.  I need help with my two longest irons. though.

Fall rates starting - I'm gonna hit all the extra nice course locally for the next few weeks.  Before the weather turns.

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Weather sucks! Rainy but I tried. Made it through 15 before I gave up. +4 on the front. Putter was HOT on the back. I had 8 puts through 10-15. 2 lengthy birds. Was even on back. 

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Golfed Saturday and Sunday. 90 on Saturday with a garbage front 9 (48). Sunk some solid putts and struck some good shots for a 42 on the back. 

Sunday...I don't wanna talk about it 😂😂

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Saturday 9/22. I shot an 83 with a triple and two doubles. I also had 2 birdies.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Shot an 84 earlier today. 40/44, with 12 bodies, and 6 pars.   Myself and a good, long time friend out having a good time. He shot an 81, with a par 3 hole in one.  Cost me some coin he did. He has always been a better player than myself. 

Luckily it was not on my home course. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Club championship this weekend and rain has wrecked my week of preparation. Hit a monster drive on 1 today and blasted a sw over the green at 1. Up and down for par and made a 10ft for bird at 2. 3 putted 3 and downhill from there. Added another 3 putt and missed some greens that I should have never missed with wedges in my hand. 41 front 9. Not gonna get the job done with that. Only played 9. Gonna get out tomorrow afternoon and see if we can’t play a round to build the confidence before the sat morning tee time to open the tournament 

On 9/24/2018 at 2:30 PM, rehmwa said:

two weekends to report -

Last weekend - 77 at a tight little target golf course near here - wife shot a personal best - I got my 5th eagle ever (that's 2 in 2 weeks).  18th hole - I'm not sure I've ever even gotten par on that hole before - I tend to mess up the line of my tee shot right up front.  510 yards, Driver, 3w, 22 foot putt

I swear there is no better feeling than putting a 3w 2nd into a par 5 and giving yourself a chance!

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

I shot a smooth painful 98. I'm probably the best worst ball strikers I know.

Not sure what's going on lately. After playing a decent round with @tlazzol two weeks ago, I've had a couple of rounds where I seemed to have lost all muscular coordination. For most of August and September, I'd been able keep bad shots from turning into blowup holes and shooting several rounds in the upper 80's. That certainly wasn't the case today.

Driver is still a hot mess. Could not hit my irons consistently well (mostly thinned). At least the short game and putting were both under control. 

Much worse than the poor golf was an inability to maintain my temper. I might go back to not keeping score for the rest of the season.

Jon

Club Championship. Was playing great. Hit the 1st 5 greens in reg. Did 3 putt once. But stuck one from 95 yards to kick in territory at 14. (Started on 10) then I chunked my 3rd at the par 5 15. Chunked my tee shot par 3 16th. Bogey, double, bogey, bogey to close that side +5. Lip out a bird at 1 to make a bogey. Blow up is in full swing at that point as I make double then quad at 2 and 3. Amazing how you can be cruising and all the sudden just hit a wall and fall apart. One of the best starts i ever had in a competitive round to a complete disaster in a matter of minutes.

My first post!

Shot 40 today my best since aggressively trying to improve my game month ago, my best prior is 44 for eight years on and off golfing. Looking to break to 39 soon. Playing 2x week  practice at least 2x.  Instructions from Clay Ballard  * * * * * shooting 40-45. Thank you The Sand Trap!

Edited by 236eagle

Blind draw 2 man scramble this weekend. Funny enough, got paired with the same guy that is in our usual four man group. He's a great guy, known him for nearly 30 years, but he's probably mid to upper 20's hcp and the tournament was not handicapped. Given my struggle this year, I just wrote off the possibility of a good score for the day and just played. We ended up shooting 5 over, which got 2nd place and won a skin. Somehow my game came together enough to hit a lot of good tee shots, some pretty good chips and pitches. Even sunk a couple longish putts. My partner kicked in on most of the holes where my tee shot went wayward and even helped save a few pars by making some long putts. Overall a really good day.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

After shooting 91 on Thursday, and then 90 on Friday, I was going to play Saturday, and then hang up the clubs for 2 weeks. Wouldn't you know it, Saturday, the game started coming back around and I ended up with an 81 (40-41), and that was with 2 doubles. What a strange game.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

I shot another 96 after breaking 100 the first time a couple of week ago. 

And I did that while spraying the first 9 holes. I then decided to try and fix it on the course and left my woods in the back and aligned my stance to fix my slice and it worked. Shot 45 on the back nine with 4 3 putts. Breaking 90 this year seems reachable. 

I played 18 holes and put up the  big number of 89. That's 9 strokes over my target score. Anything over 85, I know I could have done better.

This was the first round I played after putting all my metal woods back in my bag. That, and I did not putt very well with 35.

I worked with my metal woods this morning on the d-range. Tempo, timing swing practice.

My putting issues I am not worried about. Just a bad day with ball speed, distance issues. I didn't adjust well to the slower greens. I think they may have missed a mowing due to the recent (Rosa) wet weather. 

Going to play again later today I think. 

In My Bag:

Just finished another really strange round. 46 in the front and 38 on the back for an 84. Couldn't do anything right on the front including a double bogey on 10, and decided to just change my swing starting on 11. I started restricting my backswing. Finished bogey, par, bogey, birdie, par, birdie, par, par. I guess sometimes change is just good for you.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Just finished playing 9 holes. Shot a 40, with 4 bogies, and 5 pars. 3 of the pars were one putts. The greens have dried out enough to mow so I can now putt reasonably well on them.

Happy with the effort, even though I missed a 5 footer for par. I read it correctly as pretty straight, but pushed it left of the cup. A tap in bogey was the result. 

In My Bag:

Played a challenging resort and shot 87. Hit the ball well enough to shoot 78. I had no putting today. 39 putts. One of the 2 worst putting rounds I’ve had this season. How I didn’t wrap my putter around a tree I’ll never know. I 3 putt bogeyed 1,2, and missed a 3 foot par at 5. I was 4 over after 5. I should have been 1 over. That kind of day. Had the best putting I’ve had all year then next 2-3 time out I putt like shit. Story of my season. Seldomly was every piece working together this year. Made a score that wasn’t aweful to be honest.