IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

44 for 9 holes. Not too shabby for a week where my swing seemed to disappear. Two or three holes in things started to feel somewhat normal again. Still hit some poor shots, but they all stayed in play. And I almost drove the green on the 8th. Short 250 yards par 4...so close but not cigar. Nice par though. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot 67 this morning. I had 8 birdies tying my personal record. Left my 9th birdie right on the lip on 18. Hit 13 greens and had 28 putts. The claw grip just keeps on paying off.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

66 today with the weekend group. Was -7 thru 13, unfortunately bogeyed 16 and 17, but the shots weren't all that bad. No 3-putts, lots of solid swings coming down the stretch.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

11 hours ago, mvmac said:

66 today with the weekend group. Was -7 thru 13, unfortunately bogeyed 16 and 17, but the shots weren't all that bad. No 3-putts, lots of solid swings coming down the stretch.

On 10/12/2018 at 9:06 PM, NM Golf said:

Shot 67 this morning. I had 8 birdies tying my personal record. Left my 9th birdie right on the lip on 18. Hit 13 greens and had 28 putts. The claw grip just keeps on paying off.  

Great rounds guys!  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

67 today with no bogeys. -11 for the weekend 💪

IMG_8370.jpgIMG_8364.jpg

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

A tale of 2 rounds this weekend.

Saturday, I probably played about as bad as I could play.  Couldn't hit my driver in play, had 4 penalty strokes, putted horribly, it was down-right ugly.

40-44-84 1 birdie, 5 pars, 6 sixes, ugh!

Sunday went the other direction

36-38-74 2 birdies, 12 pars and 1 double. 

A 10 stroke swing over two rounds, :surrender:

On a separate note, heading to Streamsong on Wednesday afternoon.  :banana:    :beer:

Edited by jsgolfer
  • Upvote 2

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

2018-10-15 08_36_07-Facebook.jpgFriday after work - Willingers (a great Gill/Miller course in the area - In the fall I try to play the nicer courses under fall rates - i've hit 2 of the 5 I like so far).  75 - great conditions.

Startled these two on 16 and they ended up following me in the woods on the side through 17 and to the tee on 18.

By Sunday it was snowing......

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

Last Wednesday's round was 78, Friday, shot 79, Saturday a 77, and then yesterday, Sunday, reality set in and shot an 85. I know I have the swing and game, I just can't keep my mind set straight. Playing 6 times in the next 7 days. I better straighten the mental side up.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

70 on Tuesday at my dad's club (Bear Creek) and 69 today at my home course. Trending to a +3.

Mike McLoughlin

14 minutes ago, mvmac said:

70 on Tuesday at my dad's club (Bear Creek) and 69 today at my home course. Trending to a +3.

Congrats on the upward trend.   Do you get to golf with your dad much?

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

95. Played poorly, but was working on some new feels. One positive note is I came as close as I may ever come to a hole in one...2.5 feet! Almost slam dunked it..and yes I made the putt for birdie lol. 

8 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Congrats on the upward trend.   Do you get to golf with your dad much?

Thanks!

Play with my dad about once a quarter.

• Like 1

Mike McLoughlin

Under par streak ended today, shot 72, which is fine because my swing felt crappy from start to finish. Also missed two straight forward up and downs, carried the pitch/chip too far both times in combination with mis-judging the speed of the greens. Just one of those days but still managed to grind out a decent score. Most importantly our team still won the $.

Mike McLoughlin

89 with two triples caused by two drives going OB.  I tried to hit Puig like home run on those drives but the balls darted to far right instead.  Other than the two tripled holes, I had strings of par and bogeys.   I 

Edited by rkim291968

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Shot a 95 from the tips of an easy, wide open course (around 6,000 yards). After a rocky start, I started hitting my driver pretty well, getting decent carry for the first time in a while. I only hit 3 GIR (and of course failed to hit par on each), but I had so many nGIR's - 6 putts from off the green (all from within a couple yards) and several chips.

I use a partial swing from almost every shot 125 yards and in. Today I had trouble with club face control and most went slightly right - hence the nGIR's. For the majority of the holes, the full swing put me in position to make pars but I failed to convert.

Jon

Shot my lowest round, 63, weird thing is I was just missing it well and putter was really solid. Definitely had better ball striking (contact wise) rounds lately.

Out of eight makable birdies putts, inside of around that 7-8ft circle I made six of them. Then made two 25 footers and chipped one in just off the green on 16, almost putted it but changed my mind lol

I got really nervous on 17 tee, never been -8 before and just stuck with the process and managed to birdie 18.

Now trending to +4 😳

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/mvmac83/round/2432567

• Thumbs Up 1

Mike McLoughlin