IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

68 yesterday, 16 greens, five birdies, one bogey.

66 today. 14 greens, one eagle, four birdies.

• Like 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

78 yesterday (40-38). On the tee in about 2 hours. We'll see if I can do better today.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

82 (diff 8.6) - 12/14 FW, 6/18 GIR, 32 putts. One bad hole (triple bogey) resulting from following up a bad shot with a bad decision. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Well, another 78 today (40-38). I just don't get it. It feels like I'm hacking the ball around, but for some reason I'm getting up and down consistently. We'll see what tomorrows game will be.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Had a disaster day on Tuesday and shot a brutal 97. Friday my driver wasn't co-operating very well and I shot an 87. Saturday played pretty well and shot an 83. I sure wish I could maintain some decent scores and get my cap down, then maybe I wouldn't get so much flack from the better players when I win a few skins, lol

83 (10.7 diff. if we were in season).  No birdies and a couple doubles made this outing a bit of a downer.  The turf is very wet and muddy, greens fuzzy, and the temperatures on the chilly side so it may be a while for a respectable score.  Still, it beats watching or reading about golf.

Brian Kuehn

Shot an 89.  First time out for the season with only one driving range session, so not expecting too much. Lost two balls on the front through wayward tee shots on the front.  Bladed a few irons over greens, but was able to recover for bogey.  Missed a few easy putts on the back.  Nothing I can't (hopefully) clean up.  Was hitting the ball fairly decently when I wasn't blading the ball.

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

Saturday 73(+1): Sunny and with half a club wind. Good ball striking but just one birdie.
Sunday 74(+2) : Sunny but with 3..4 clubs of wind. Played really well, keep the ball in play and managed to made a lot of up/down. 
Swing changes are paying off. Consistent improvements in the last 10 rounds. 

Well today was rough, shot 94 (49,45) from the blue tees.  Driver was not my friend today, which is rare for me but my 3 wood was great, after I decided I should use it off the tees instead.  My ball striking today was quite good, except driver.  Surprised that I could do so well on par 5's using 3 wood off the tee.

82 (45,37) today off the silver's.  Left the driver in the bag and was a little surprised at how well I played the par 5's with a 3w off the tees. Another .3 off my index.

After a 20 minute or so warm-up with driver and 4h, (which made me feel confident) I went for my round.  Had to change courses at the last minute due to some delays getting weekly groups out, but that was ok.  Same place, different course (new to me). From the forward tees is was just about 6,200 6.9/118.

4 Par, 10 bogies, 2 doubles, 1 triple and one embarrassment of a 10 :surrender:... on a par 4 hole!!  2 into the water on the embarrasment! Both times hit onto the rough with a BIG bounce into the deep One other hole included my only OB: but a great wedge and a nice putt kept that one to just being a bogie!  

Final score 116, and, given many things, I am OK with that score.  But, I am already thinking of the next time I play the route!

Many of the holes, I could have played better from a club selection point of view.  Way too many were short and required that extra shot. (I do not have a range finder, and, I forgot my phone so no GPS!) 

The really bad hole, however, might have been played better with a bit more of laying up on both that drowned.  But, I was trying to make up from having too many hits being too safe. 

C'est la vie!

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Disgusted with a 100 out with a mate that hardly plays golf and he beats me by 3 .... this is after rounds of 85,83,84,84 

Gutted and was hitting the ball so well at the driving range .. but some reason I just couldn't get my game on with only one decent birdie hole  

Go Foxy Go

73, doubled 10 after waiting for 20 minutes on the tee. 4 birdies, 3 bogeys and the stupid double. Blew the tee shot right.

Still better being on the course than just about anywhere else.

First round of the season.   A few things I observed;  I absolutely love my new clubs.   I paid way too much for them but I believe I got what works for me.    I have to put my GG tags on the clubs.   I have to put the battery in my range finder and put it in my bag.  

On the spur of the moment (no warm up) because the weather was warming up and I had an urge to play, I headed to the local course about 1 mile away.   $20...The course still had winter damage and the greens were still dormant but playable.  

I headed to the first tee at 12:30 pm and thought that would be a good time to get in a quick round.   Boy was I in for a shock.   Everyone else had the same idea.   There was a foursome, twosome, threesome all on the first hole.   I got permission to start on the back!  

42 on the back with 1 birdie and one double.   I putted terrible with 20 on this nine.   This is something I can correct and will work on but hopefully contribute the spongy greens (like I need an excuse!)   I was able to play this nine in one hour.   

I head to the first tee and there is a foursome that had just hit their tee shots.    I waited until they were near the green, about 15 minutes and hit my tee shot.   I waited about another 15 minutes, picked up and headed to the second hole.   I came back and played #1 last.   I shot a 46 with two penalties.    I finished the entire round in 2:15.    Lots of room for improvement.    

I ended up with 7 GIR / 4 nGIR and 7 fairways. 

• Thumbs Up 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Shot a 91....had a pretty good round going and them made a 7 on 18, a par 5.  Great drive, great 2nd shot, hit chip across the green, chili dipped next one and 3 putted...But overall, I played pretty good for me.... 

105 on Wednesday and 104 today. Too many 3 putts and too many fat woods - among other issues. By the way, I notice on TV they say "thick" or "heavy" or "chunky". They don't say "fat". Hmmm...

On 3/30/2019 at 11:16 AM, NZ Golfer said:

Disgusted with a 100 out with a mate that hardly plays golf and he beats me by 3 .... this is after rounds of 85,83,84,84 

Gutted and was hitting the ball so well at the driving range .. but some reason I just couldn't get my game on with only one decent birdie hole  

No driving range first tee warm-up swings only >> 82(-5 under my course HC) 4x P-shots  -- 3x birdies  8x pars

My Crazy ass game --- worse round in 3yrs on friday -- best ever score on my local GC.... Sunday 

Go Foxy Go