IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Had my best round this year on Sunday last. 84 or 39 stableford points. My driver didn’t misbehave too much so that made a big difference. I thought I had a chance at breaking 80 for the first time ever, I had 6 pars on the front 9 and was 4 over. However i was 9 over on the back nine with only 3 pars coming in. 

Not too disappointed though. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This was from last week, but I shot a 94 (from the senior tees, playing with my FIL, but that's probably about the right distance for my game anyway) on a beautiful course in Colorado (Keystone, River Course).  I've never broken 100 before.  Interestingly, I wasn't hitting full shots well at all, lots of pushes about 30 degrees right, and I found 7 greenside bunkers.  But most of the bunkers were easy to get out of, nothing made its way into the woods, and I did a great job with speed on putts.  Only made one par and didn't have a single putt for birdie, but also only made one triple, so just a lot of boring bogeys and a few doubles.

Shot another round on a very wet muni course (from the tips, but actually very similar yardage to the senior tees on the longer course) on Sunday and shot a 119; full shots were much better (I found my draw again and even managed a few intentional fades) but a lot fell 10 yards short and I hit a few fat enough to find hazards, and my wedges and putting were atrocious.  Every variation on stubbed/skulled/chunked/whiffed you can imagine and lots of 3 and 4 putts.

Part of the difference was conditions; Colorado course was perfect with fluffy bunkers and nice firm fairways, and the fringes were easy to get cute with little flop shots and such.  The second course the sand in the bunkers was like a cart path (didn't even leave footprints walking in it), it was too short and squishy around the greens for the way I hit a flop to work and I dug a lot of holes trying, and I just couldn't find distance control with my putter.

Haven't posted since July 20th. Since then I've had 23 rounds. I won't bore everyone with a score by score tally. Let's just say that I shot 4 rounds in the mid 70's, 14 rounds between 80-85, and 5 rounds between 86-89. Luckily, no rounds in the 90's, but it's gotten close. Not sure what happened to the game. I think part of it is the rough, you get into it, and it's a 3-4 stroke penalty. I also think I may need to practice a little more.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

I shot an 86 on Sunday.  I had several pars and a birdie, but 5 doubles for a 43-43. I hate doubles, but I haven't played as much as usual this year. Overall, I hit the ball pretty well for me and not too disappointed other than the doubles.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Played some painful golf in brutal weather, lots of wind at the par 71 Dyker Beach Golf Course today, it's 6,500 yards from the tips but felt like way more. All this to say I committed way too many errors on my way to a 50/50 - 100 total. A few good shots sprinkled in but just too many shots out of the rough today. Couldn't flight my ball in the wind. Need to practice a heck of a lot more hah. 

I thought I was making progress to getting back to shooting in the low 90’s until today. I shot a 106! I have been spending a lot of time practicing around the green, but you never could tell that today. I felt uneasy, rushed and totally out of balance. Grrrrrr!

Finished up the regular season in my league last night.

Shot a 40.  Solid round.  Made some nice par saving putts.  Won 5.5/9 points.

I finished 3rd out of 26 guys.  Match record was 12-2-2.

First round of playoffs next week.  I am giving a stroke on 5 holes. 

Just got home from Mission Inn - El Campeon. Shot a 91. Never played there before. Interesting course. Lots of water.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Played a 9 hole course in Seaside Oregon this morning. Shot 40, with 5 bogie 1s, and 4 pars. Had 15 putts. 

This is a very old course, that was originally built in the 1920s. Lots of up grades since then. Some done by me. Course has 104/33 rating. 

Lots of memories here, since as a highschool jock/ punk, I worked at this course in the 1960s. I didn't play any golf, but I did everything else there was to do there. Part time, with an occassional tip, $60 was a good week's pay. It was enough to keep me in gas money, and girlfriends.

• Thumbs Up 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I'll be 64 this year. I shot a 68 with 2 bogies. It was my best score in about 10 years. For the last month or so I have been using the Ping G400max with a Diamana red stiff with the G400max weight reduced 5 grams. I hit this driver straighter and longer than any driver I have ever used since I started playing 30 years ago. And I am loving my Spyder X Copper putter.  The course was 5900 yards so not too long, a par 71.

• Upvote 1

Been playing at a bunch of different courses and realized I haven’t played my home course in over a month. Today starts my prep for club championship which is about a month from now. Be playing here exclusively until the event. Although I’ve been playing a lot I was a little off with my approach shots and didn’t hit many greens at all! 8,16,17,18 are my worst holes on the course. I made par at all 4. Would have thought I shot a low score if you told me I’d play those 4 even.... but I shot 82. Only 30 putts. Got up and down 4 times for par. Feel like I played and struck the ball well but I just missed too many greens with short irons and wedges. 82 today. Need to improve on that in the next few weeks going into the club champ. 

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Shot 85 twice last weekend, spent a lot of time at the range Mon-Wed working on changes.  Shot an 81 last night, could have been better except I looked at my scorecard and was 5 over after 15, thinking about breaking 80, big mistake.  Doubled 7 & 8 (started on back), and par'd 9.  I have to learn how to write down my score without counting...

Gus
---------------

Work league ended last week so the playoffs started this week naturally. There were 14 2 man teams. My partner and I came in 5th in regular league play. I was tied for 2nd overall out of 28 players. 8 team playoff.. Got to play against the guy I tied for 2nd place with so we played straight up. I shoot 39 with one birdie and he shoots 40. We both missed a few other birdies throughout the match but we split the match 4 1/2-4 1/2. We know by the 9th hole that this round is tight... my partner and his partner also split the match!! Now it comes down to low total score!! We win by 2 strokes! Woohoo! What a fun round that was. I actually put a little pressure on myself a few times! Hit some great shots, and some not so great shots. I missed that type of competition! Bottom line is... we’re into the next round!🤘

Paul Moncivaiz

Driver...2017 Taylormade M1 stiff shaft Woods..Adams tight lies #3&#5 Irons...Cleveland TA5’s 3-pw

Wedge.. Nike CGI 52* gap.. Titliest Vokey SM6 56 SW

Putter..Taylormade Spider Tour standard Ball.. Titliest ProV1

Got lucky as a walk on at the Gearhart Oregon links course. Play with 3 other, younger guys I had never met before. I was told I impressed them, being an "old guy". Bless their panties was my thought.

Par 72, 66/126, and 6300 +/-yards. Shot a 79, with 11 pars, and 7 bogie 1s. (30 putts). I was on my top game this morning. The youngsters played in the 80s. (Insert chest pump here) 

This is one of the older courses I have played. It dates back to the 1890s. I actually caddied here a few times in the 1960s, even though I was working at the Seaside course just down the road. Nice course for walking. I highly recommend it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Got pushed back to a 1:00 PM shotgun start today in the Florida heat. Really didn't want to play, but went out with the group anyway. 41 front, with 1 birdies, 1 double, 4 bogeys, and 3 pars. Started the back off right with a birdie, birdie, start, then 3 bogeys, and parred in for a 37, 78 for the day.

• Thumbs Up 1

To go with my 78 yesterday, I shot a really nice 89 today.....1 triple, 5 doubles, 4 bogeys, and 8 pars. I lost at least 4 balls in the rough. I've got a match play game tomorrow, and I have to give my opponent 10 strokes. I sure hope I can shoot better than today.