IGNORED

TST's New IPS Forum - Post Your Bugs, Etc.

iacas
Note: This thread is 2591 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You probably mentioned it somewhere and are already aware, but it looks like signatures aren't showing in posts: they had to be fixed with the golf companies' logos, but as far as I can tell, they don't show anywhere... yet.

Great job with the switch-over. I am impressed that so much of the functionality is back and working already and more is to come.  Well done, guys! :dance:

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)

You probably mentioned it somewhere and are already aware, but it looks like signatures aren't showing in posts: they had to be fixed with the golf companies' logos, but as far as I can tell, they don't show anywhere... yet.

Not sure what you mean, I can see your signature and everyone else's.

Some transferred with no issues but others had to be fixed. Erik and I have fixed a couple dozen so far.

Thanks for the support and kind words so far. Let's try to keep this thread on topic for detailing bugs that you come across.

In case anyone hasn't seen it, here are the new site features.

Edited by mvmac

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Some transferred with no issues but others had to be fixed. Erik and I have fixed a couple dozen so far.

My bad. There is a toggle that needs to be switched on to view signatures and it was off for me in My Account Settings, just above the definition of the signature block.  Thanks!

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

Noticed that all of my videos that I've posted seem to have been turned into pictures.

Will I need to reupload all these?

Also

I don't see anyone's signatures either, is there some setting I'm missing?

Love the new feel/layout of the site :) 

Edited by Triggers

Site is working well, nice job guys.  I know how tough it is to do a migration of this magnitude and while I'm sure behind the scenes it's been crazy you did a great job minimizing the impact to the users.

I'm getting used to the look and feel.  One addition I'd like to see added to the site if possible would be to add the "New Content" link to the bottom of the page in addition to where it is now.  I often just click on "New Content" to see the updated threads and the new site requires I scroll up every time to do that after I'm done reading the current thread.

• Upvote 2

Joe Paradiso

I've only viewed via Android to this point.  Couple questions:

1.  When going into a thread you already visited, it starts you at the 1st post.  The previous version took you directly to the post after the last post you read earlier.  Will this be amended?

I don't have any qualifications in the design of the site (and didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn last night), but just from my messing around looking at it, I'll take a stab at a couple of these. (I'm using Safari in Mac OS X.) 

1. On the "New Content" page, put your cursor over the dot or star, and it shows that by clicking there, it opens to the first unread post:

unread_post.thumb.png.dbd32bd82eafac105a

It looks like by clicking on the title of the thread, it will open to the first post instead of the first unread post. Clicking on the thread page number opens to the top of that page of the thread.

3.  I don't see any subscription identification.

3. It looks like "subscription" is now "following."  At the top of each thread page, it gives you the option to "follow" the thread:

follow_this.thumb.png.1d1d3b1413869de065

And if you've already subsc...er, uh, followed the thread, it shows that you're following it.

following.thumb.png.c76ca2c1213771c6c2ea

And for a different observation and question:  When drafting a reply, we used to have a "Preview" mode so we could see how it would look when posted.  Is that gone for good?  All I see now is "Submit reply."

Edited by Missouri Swede
adjust size of photos, since there's no "preview" mode to see what the post will look like
  • Upvote 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Okay, I must be particularly dense this morning.  

How do I get the list of forum threads that have had activity since I was last here, and/or sort forum threads by most-recent activity?  the /new-content seems to only have one page of results for me, and I'm fairly certain there's been more.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Okay, I must be particularly dense this morning.

How do I get the list of forum threads that have had activity since I was last here, and/or sort forum threads by most-recent activity?  the /new-content seems to only have one page of results for me, and I'm fairly certain there's been more.

At the top of the web page, right below the search text box you'll see a  link "New Content"

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

(edited)

Noticed that all of my videos that I've posted seem to have been turned into pictures.

Will I need to reupload all these? 

Yes we're aware and working on that. 

Also

I don't see anyone's signatures either, is there some setting I'm missing?

Love the new feel/layout of the site :) 

Like @sjduffers  said, go to your Account Settings and turn it on, the green check mark. For whatever reason some were turned off.

Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 11.56.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 11.57.06 AM.png

And for a different observation and question:  When drafting a reply, we used to have a "Preview" mode so we could see how it would look when posted.  Is that gone for good?  All I see now is "Submit reply."

Yeah, no Preview but drafts are saved.

Edited by mvmac

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

At the top of the web page, right below the search text box you'll see a  link "New Content"

Thanks, but this only gives me one page worth. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Thanks, but this only gives me one page worth. 

First, check the settings on the left side. It might be set to "since my last visit" or something.  You can set it to "All Results."

time_period.thumb.png.9472704c5a07e39df2

And at both top and bottom of the list of the threads on that page are buttons to get to the second page, third page, etc.

next_page.thumb.png.dd56464eff44443338c6

• Upvote 1

Craig

image.thumb.jpg.d2f5b97778d68ba623dbf44d

On my phone I see an attachment quota. After a couple days in already 7% of my total. What happens when I run out? I've posted pics in various threads and doubt I can edit those posts. Or am I also putting those attachments in some repository somehow and I need to purge that?

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Also why doesn't it bring me to where I left off in a thread?

See what I wrote in post #40 above (about 9 posts ago, 4th from the top of this page).  Is that "go to first unread post" what you want?

Craig

• Administrator

Is there a way to downvote posts on this new website?

No. We could enable it but I like rep only being positive.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2591 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!