IGNORED

New (IPS) Site Features!

iacas
Note: This thread is 3046 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Change is hard. In giving lessons sometimes a golfer will tell me that something feels "uncomfortable." I prefer to say "it feels different, which every change will feel like, but it shouldn't be uncomfortable."

With that approach, here in no particular order are a list of things that are different - and better - about the new site software!

1. Significantly easier to embed videos, tweets, instagram, etc.
Just paste in the URL most of the time and voilà! There it is!

2. Easier to add an attachment!
For example, one of the ways to do it is to just drag it into the lower section of the post!

3. Virtually no more worries about multi-quoting!
Posts made within about ten minutes of each other are automatically merged together!

4. All Established members have the ability to create their own blogs.
Whether you want to use one to detail your practice sessions, your daily meals, your exercise, or another hobby, once you've reached Established Member status you're free to create your own blogs!

5. Q&A threads.
These threads allow you to vote up or down questions and answers. They're coming soon. We just have to figure out how best to use them.

6. Easier to add Tags when starting a thread.
Just type some words separated by commas into the "tags" box at the top. Use these to organize your own material or to help others find content later on.

7. GAME Golf username in your postbit.
We'll turn this into links soon enough, for one-click access to your GAME Golf Profile!

8. New cover photo in profiles.
Add a Facebook-like cover photo to your profile and show off something pretty or nice when friends drop by your profile page.

9. Easy to sign up to become a Supporter or a Sponsor in the "Store" section.
Please nobody do it yet, but it's going to be a LOT easier to do this once we run through a few tests to make sure it's all good.

10. Ability to add and remove reputation.
Reputation is also simpler, without the need for comments, and every vote counts as "1" now.

11. Ability to make voter's names public or when adding poll.
This way you can have public or private polls.

12. Multiple questions to polls.
Speaking of polls, they can now include multiple questions! In the same poll!!!

13. Pinned posts!
Why Huddler didn't ever have this I'll never know, but this forum staple has returned!

14. Who has visited your profile page?
Now you can find out!

15. Notifications are instant and visible. Notifications are easy to modify to whatever you want.
Notifications are much more flexible here on the new IPS software.

16. Better spam moderation.
Not that you've ever seen much, but you should see far less now, as IPS has better spam blocking even at registration.

17. You can highlight text to quote and just quote and respond to that, so you don’t have to edit or quote the whole thing in a post.
This will ease the burden on editing long posts just to comment or reply to a single small part.

18. Create/customize your activity stream. Users can tailor how the system behaves to fit their interests.
This will also be GREATLY improved in version 4.1, due out in a few weeks. Seriously impressive stuff coming here.

One bonus one for y'all, the 19th hole…
19. The new editor will be much, much faster and specifically behave much better on mobile devices.
Also coming in 4.1. Just you wait and see…!

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Looks dynamite on mobile! Thanks for all the hard work!

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

(edited)

Thanks for doing the update Erik. I noticed it's way easier to post video and the old editor always gave me problems on mobile w/complex edits. 

Edited by nevets88

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

there are many ways to view the forum now that make it easier to see the content you want. I like the pages view and the new content view.

http://thesandtrap.com/new-content/

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

If you finger over the thread subject line, you can see the entire text of the first post or opt to see the last post. That's handy.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

It will take some time to get used to, but the new site looks great.  A lot of new features to play with too.  Thanks!

Joe Paradiso

Well done al those involved in this new shiny site. It'll take a bit of time to get used to. Its like starting a new school, i keep getting lost ;-)

Edited by RussUK
bad spelling

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

The new look will take me some time to get use to but the new features sound fantastic.   Thanks for the upgrade!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

:banana:

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

• Administrator

One feature not listed… you can type the short codes for smileys and they get auto-replaced.

:-)

:titleist:

:banana:

(Sometimes it takes a few seconds)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

there are many ways to view the forum now that make it easier to see the content you want. I like the pages view and the new content view.

That's how I'm finding it easiest. I turn off any of those middle filters that start with "Only..." (to see stuff I haven't really noticed before), and then just use daily or weekly at the bottom. Seems to be a good list of active stuff going on.

Screen_Shot_2015-10-02_at_12.02.13_PM.th

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

• Administrator

That's how I'm finding it easiest. I turn off any of those middle filters that start with "Only..." (to see stuff I haven't really noticed before), and then just use daily or weekly at the bottom. Seems to be a good list of active stuff going on.

It's gonna get better, too, soon:
http://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/84738-ips-41-updates-coming-soon/

(I think this video should show up…?)

Okay, I'm breathing again--that little link to the "New Content" page is what I was missing.  Thanks for pointing it out!

What's the difference between the "Home" page and the "Pages" page?

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Note: This thread is 3046 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!