IGNORED

Paris Terror Attacks

mcanadiens
Note: This thread is 3102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

14 minutes ago, RandallT said:

On a similar note, @nevets88:

"They have weapons. F*** them. We have champagne!” Charlie Hedbo

151117-charlie-hedbo-jpo-551a_d496b49f6a

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glxh9ZgP7kc

LOL. If you're in a war of culture and lifestyle w/France, good F***ing luck.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

NIce (above)

According to a Pew Research Center survey of 11 countries with significant Muslim populations, an overwhelming majority of people in the Muslim world dislike the self-declared Islamic State. In none of the countries did more than 15 percent of the population indicate favorable attitudes toward ISIS. Lebanon, Israel, and Jordan expressed almost unanimous dislike for the jihadi group, while Pakistan only indicated 28 percent dislike with a 62 percent majority offering no definite opinion.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

21 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

NIce (above)

According to a Pew Research Center survey of 11 countries with significant Muslim populations, an overwhelming majority of people in the Muslim world dislike the self-declared Islamic State. In none of the countries did more than 15 percent of the population indicate favorable attitudes toward ISIS. Lebanon, Israel, and Jordan expressed almost unanimous dislike for the jihadi group, while Pakistan only indicated 28 percent dislike with a 62 percent majority offering no definite opinion.

Mmm, OK, so only about 150,000,000 or so ISIS sympathizers.  Great, I'm feeling much more comfortable, thanks.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

19 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Mmm, OK, so only about 150,000,000 or so ISIS sympathizers.  Great, I'm feeling much more comfortable, thanks.

Anything to offer you comfort.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

GOP has joined the bandwagon to campaign against accepting Syrian refugees. A poll says they are on the side of big majority.   This can effect the outcome of the general election if timing is right.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

The American public's feelings on these issues do not come with an impressive track record

CT9-1b8WoAAfYWt-1.thumb.jpg.c4ca01249726CT-A_GcWEAAZnao-1.thumb.jpg.cb71b83a97a7

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

There are plenty of Islamic nations in the area that could offer refuge to those whom hold to the "Prophet". Let them have them... but wait those Muslim nations don't want to... Why?

I am willing to allow refugee status to all Christians worldwide. We need them to restore our land to righteousness.

It's a war of cultures. Christianity produced Western Civilization (oh, yeah... none of you were required to study that in school even though most of you have reaped her benefit).

Islam has produced nothing but slavery and a death cult for her masses.

Christianity is a culture of life and hope for the common man.

Islam is a culture of death and fear, with nothing but oppression for all.

Study the Koran and the fruit thereof.

Study Christ and His Promise.

Choose.

Edited by CR McDivot

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

17 minutes ago, CR McDivot said:

There are plenty of Islamic nations in the area that could offer refuge to those whom hold to the "Prophet". Let them have them... but wait those Muslim nations don't want to... Why?

I am willing to allow refugee status to all Christians worldwide. We need them to restore our land to righteousness.

It's a war of cultures. Christianity produced Western Civilization (oh, yeah... none of you were required to study that in school even though most of you have reaped her benefit).

Choose.

14d476a975081c6b6e72e6d2789d5af4d2a48a09

And a wrong one at that, SMH.

• Upvote 1

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

8 hours ago, CR McDivot said:

I am willing to allow refugee status to all Christians worldwide.

Well, that's...uhm...mighty white of you. Love those Christian values. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

9 hours ago, CR McDivot said:

It's pure coincidence that the western culture was influenced by Christianity. If the Roman Empire didn't make Christianity it's state religion then it's influence going into Medieval times would have been greatly diminished.

Do not go an claim Christianity is squeaky clean through history. Just like there are peaceful Muslims, and violent ones. There has been some people in the history of Christianity who have done terrible acts using Christianity as a weapon. 

I do agree it's a culture war primarily because religion drives culture. 

20 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

Well, that's...uhm...mighty white of you. Love those Christian values. 

Not all Christians are white ;) 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

19 hours ago, boogielicious said:

That is the same thing they said about refugees fleeing from communism. ISIS is just the latest threat. When we defeat ISIS, a new threat will appear. We keep repeating our mistakes. The Mujahadin, who we funded and trained to resist the Soviets, became the Taliban and al qaeda. ISIS is similar and when they are gone, someone else will appear.

When we defeated Japan and Germany in WWII, we took a different approach. We rebuilt their economies making them stable and even economic powers costing us billions of dollars. But it saved trillions because we ended up with allies instead of enemies. Japan and Germany were far greater enemies than ISIS or al qaeda could ever dream of being.

Unless we take a similar approach with the middle east and other regions, unrest will always breed corruption, violent hate and terrorism. 

Difference is the war with Germany and Japan was a conventional war, fought on a broad front by standing, professional armies. The war against ISIS, despite being seen as a weaker foe, is more difficult to win as no-one really knows who the enemy may be. Its a Guerrila war. Both the US and UK have experience of that (Vietnam for the US and Burma and Oman for us Brits) so our militaries know the difficulties.

"if" victory is achieved, would there be the same desire by the world powers to help rebuild a terrorist state?

p.s. Hope you have the UK in that victory over Germany ;-)

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

6 minutes ago, RussUK said:

Difference is the war with Germany and Japan was a conventional war, fought on a broad front by standing, professional armies. The war against ISIS, despite being seen as a weaker foe, is more difficult to win as no-one really knows who the enemy may be. Its a Guerrila war. Both the US and UK have experience of that (Vietnam for the US and Burma and Oman for us Brits) so our militaries know the difficulties.

"if" victory is achieved, would there be the same desire by the world powers to help rebuild a terrorist state?

p.s. Hope you have the UK in that victory over Germany ;-)

They were specific countries, but there was a tremendous amount of the same fear we are experiencing today. That is why Japanese Americans were interned, which was a horrible mistake. German spies were thought to be everywhere. Are we forgetting this?

The cold war was the same. You knew the enemy could be everywhere which is why McCarthyism started.

Of course the UK is included in "we". "We" refers to all the allies. And ironically, it includes the very Middle East allies that we are vilifying today.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Just now, boogielicious said:

They were specific countries, but there was a tremendous amount of the same fear we are experiencing today. That is why Japanese Americans were interned, which was a horrible mistake. German spies were thought to be everywhere. Are we forgetting this?

The cold war was the same. You knew the enemy could be everywhere which is why McCarthyism started.

Of course the UK is included in "we". "We" refers to all the allies. And ironically, it includes the very Middle East allies that we are vilifying today.

As always very good points well made. You are right, we should never forget the mistakes made, even those in recent conflicts. Thats what makes the current refugee/migrant crisis so difficult. its the whole 5th Columnist problem again, as soon as 1 refugee turns out to be a member of ISIS (as shown with Paris) it throws doubt those who are more than likely innocent.

By the way, i heard a description of our 2 countries i liked. It said the the UK is like the nerdy kid who hangs around with the popular sporty kid. I belive history shows that may be true my popular sporty friends!

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

10 hours ago, CR McDivot said:

Choose.

The people in the extremist groups get the same propaganda. The perception of Christian America is that we are a bunch of murderers in other countries forcing christianity on them. Our news shows christians hating every one and everything and we have our own people carrying out terrorist activities against each other.

Religion should not mix with politics or state....

Edited by Valleygolfer

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

34 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

The people in the extremist groups get the same propaganda. The perception of Christian America is that we are a bunch of murderers in other countries forcing christianity on them. Our news shows christians hating every one and everything and we have our own people carrying out terrorist activities against each other.

Religion should not mix with politics or state....

Yes, see Westboro Baptist Church  ...

US Forces attacking ISIS forces last night via high tech satellite focus on target and thermal imaging.. Vid purposely released for the world to give a peep in to the US forces capability.. possibly will be blocked soon. Graphic alert.

• Upvote 1

Vishal S.

1 minute ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Yes, see Westboro Baptist Church  ...

Exactly. It doesn't matter that it is one group, perception is that it is the whole country.

• Upvote 1

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 3102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!