iacas

Claim Your Achievements Here!

869 posts / 77878 viewsLast Reply

20 hours ago, Maj Mike Jones said:

Hi,  I've tried to get my achievements listed but no luck.  Help me please as I Broke 80 last year, had an eagle on July 4th in a tournament, and a stupid monkey.  Thanks Mj

Can you explain what you mean by "tried to get my achievements?" All you need to do is post here, and they'll show up (assuming the request met the requirements). So you should be getting the 80 and the eagle soon.

Stupid Monkey is an award for those who have used the site to demonstrate their work. If you stick around long enough, create a swing thread, and demonstrate the characteristics of a stupid monkey, then you'll likely get nominated. Here is some other info on the topic:

20 hours ago, Dozer said:

Does a scramble count on Tournament Winner? Just a thought.

Nice try. Congrats on the 88 and the eagle though! @iacas will swing by this thread soon, I'm sure.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

2 minutes ago, RandallT said:

Can you explain what you mean by "tried to get my achievements?" All you need to do is post here, and they'll show up (assuming the request met the requirements). So you should be getting the 80 and the eagle soon.

Stupid Monkey is an award for those who have used the site to demonstrate their work. If you stick around long enough, create a swing thread, and demonstrate the characteristics of a stupid monkey, then you'll likely get nominated. Here is some other info on the topic:

Nice try. Congrats on the 88 and the eagle though! @iacas will swing by this thread soon, I'm sure.

Can't blame a guy for tryin. Thanks!

On 2/9/2017 at 0:24 PM, Maj Mike Jones said:

Hi,  I've tried to get my achievements listed but no luck.  Help me please as I Broke 80 last year, had an eagle on July 4th in a tournament, and a stupid monkey.  Thanks Mj

I added the first two. The Stupid Monkey, as noted by @RandallT, takes a bit more effort… ;-)

On 2/9/2017 at 0:34 PM, Dozer said:

Well, I  got another eagle (2nd) and broke 90. (88) Does a scramble count on Tournament Winner? Just a thought.

Got it.

1 hour ago, JxQx said:

Broke par and had a bunch of eagles.

All set.

While I'm not much for tooting my own horn, I figured since I won a 2016 Rookie of the Year Gold award, hey why not?

I did break 80 a couple of times last year, after not doing so for quite a few years. Both rounds were on regulation courses of 18 holes, and done in the company of other golfers who had to buy me beers after the round!:-D

13 hours ago, 1badbadger said:

@iacas Same here Pro...can you hook me up?

All set.

13 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

While I'm not much for tooting my own horn, I figured since I won a 2016 Rookie of the Year Gold award, hey why not?

I did break 80 a couple of times last year, after not doing so for quite a few years. Both rounds were on regulation courses of 18 holes, and done in the company of other golfers who had to buy me beers after the round!:-D

Broke 80 added.

@iacas  Purchased and read LSW last year before I joined the Sand Trap forum.  Got my first eagle sometime in the 1980's.  Won eight tournaments on the Michigan Amateur Tour from 2008-2012,  Have I been a member long enough to qualify?

5 hours ago, tlazzol said:

@iacas  Purchased and read LSW last year before I joined the Sand Trap forum.  Got my first eagle sometime in the 1980's.  Won eight tournaments on the Michigan Amateur Tour from 2008-2012,  Have I been a member long enough to qualify?

Membership length doesn't matter. :-) Just whether you achieved things.

I added:

• LSW
  • Eagle
  • Tournament Winner

1 hour ago, tlazzol said:

@iacas  Thank you.  Now I'll see if I can add to them.

Right off the bat, I know you can achieve one of the score-based achievements. At your handicap, you've likely broken 80.  There's also a broken Par golf achievement. You get the better of the two (in the u likely case you've done neither of those, certainly the broken 90!)

19 hours ago, RandallT said:

Right off the bat, I know you can achieve one of the score-based achievements. At your handicap, you've likely broken 80.  There's also a broken Par golf achievement. You get the better of the two (in the u likely case you've done neither of those, certainly the broken 90!)

@RandallT Thanks for reminding this feeble minded golfer.

@iacas  Broke 80 three times last fall after getting fitted for a new set of Wishon clubs.

2 hours ago, tlazzol said:

@RandallT Thanks for reminding this feeble minded golfer.

@iacas  Broke 80 three times last fall after getting fitted for a new set of Wishon clubs.

I added it. Congrats!

I had my first hole in one today. Yeah!

It was 174 yards in somewhat cold and windy conditions, with a 5 wood that never left the flag (it was a little left of it when it landed) and rolled in!  Just so we are clear, the 5 wood is my 190-195 yards club, but it was the right club for this job! :dance:

11 minutes ago, sjduffers said:

I had my first hole in one today. Yeah!

It was 174 yards in somewhat cold and windy conditions, with a 5 wood that never left the flag (it was a little left of it when it landed) and rolled in!  Just so we are clear, the 5 wood is my 190-195 yards club, but it was the right club for this job! :dance:

That is awesome!!!  Congrats.