Jump to content
iacas

Claim Your Achievements Here!

860 posts / 74339 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

Need an EAGLE achievement finally! 9th at my home course is a drivable 4. Missed pin high right and left myself 26 yards over a trap and flopped it in. Couldn’t see the hole but i heard it drop. Overall went 37/40 +5 for the day. Hit 10 fairways and 9 GIR. My best round of the year so far. Finally putting everything together!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

Claiming my broke 90 achievement from yesterday's round. Also, I had an eagle earlier this year before I joined the site, but I don't know if that counts for these purposes. If not, I guess I will just have to do it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, BC-to-MI said:

Claiming my broke 90 achievement from yesterday's round. Also, I had an eagle earlier this year before I joined the site, but I don't know if that counts for these purposes. If not, I guess I will just have to do it again.

I think they will give you that one! I don’t think the rules say you have to have been a member here at time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm interested in the awards.  This is what I've done so far:

  • Par Breaker
  • Hole in one
  • Tournament Winner
  • Eagle

I think you should add the following achievements:

  • Major Tournament Winner
  • Club Champion
  • 300+ Driver
  • 350+ Driver
  • U.S. Open Player
  • Course Record Holder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 6/9/2019 at 12:57 PM, Dunit507 said:

Need an EAGLE achievement finally! 9th at my home course is a drivable 4. Missed pin high right and left myself 26 yards over a trap and flopped it in. Couldn’t see the hole but i heard it drop. Overall went 37/40 +5 for the day. Hit 10 fairways and 9 GIR. My best round of the year so far. Finally putting everything together!

Congrats! Got it.

On 6/9/2019 at 2:04 PM, BC-to-MI said:

Claiming my broke 90 achievement from yesterday's round. Also, I had an eagle earlier this year before I joined the site, but I don't know if that counts for these purposes. If not, I guess I will just have to do it again.

Gave you both. The eagle counts if you've ever made one, yes.

On 6/10/2019 at 1:19 PM, edomingox said:

I'm interested in the awards.  This is what I've done so far:

  • Par Breaker
  • Hole in one
  • Tournament Winner
  • Eagle

Done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thank you for that eagle! I’ve been playing since I was 13... I’m now 39 and finally! I lipped out 2 eagle putts last week in one round. Drove another par 4 the next day and missed. I’ve had so many chances and seems like I always put so much pressure on myself to drop one that I never do... Hopefully now I can putt them without so much tension since I finally dropped one!

Edited by Dunit507
Wrong wording

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I broke 100 if that is still an award and I'm oh so close to that breaking 90.

Can't wait to send an update when I do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

First Eagle! Not sure if it counts for this achievement since it didn’t happen in an “actual” round. I play in a 9 hole, two man scramble league every Thursday during the summer. #7 at Ocala Golf Club is a 533 yd par 5. I hit a really nice drive leaving us about 230 to the green so we took that, my partner hits a pretty good shot to about 100yds so I swung my 3W, hit it well and put it on the green about 30’ from the hole. We walked to the green and I pulled the pin (my partner made a comment that I must be feeling confident), took one look at the hole, two practice swings, hit the putt and knew immediately that it was a good one. Rolled true and dropped in the dead center!

like I mentioned, it wasn’t in an individual scoring round but it was my first Eagle and it felt great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 7/11/2019 at 6:43 PM, Shindig said:

Broke 80 for the first time today.  Here's the GG round: 

2689553_6VI15IzI.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

 

Congrats!

On 7/15/2019 at 11:08 AM, cdutra40 said:

I broke 100 if that is still an award and I'm oh so close to that breaking 90.

Can't wait to send an update when I do

Awesome. You've got it.

On 7/19/2019 at 4:04 PM, jetsknicks1 said:

First Eagle! Not sure if it counts for this achievement since it didn’t happen in an “actual” round. I play in a 9 hole, two man scramble league every Thursday during the summer. #7 at Ocala Golf Club is a 533 yd par 5. I hit a really nice drive leaving us about 230 to the green so we took that, my partner hits a pretty good shot to about 100yds so I swung my 3W, hit it well and put it on the green about 30’ from the hole. We walked to the green and I pulled the pin (my partner made a comment that I must be feeling confident), took one look at the hole, two practice swings, hit the putt and knew immediately that it was a good one. Rolled true and dropped in the dead center!

like I mentioned, it wasn’t in an individual scoring round but it was my first Eagle and it felt great!

Great story to hear, and of course it counts! You hit all the shots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Congrats!

Awesome. You've got it.

Great story to hear, and of course it counts! You hit all the shots.

Woohoo! Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The Flop Catch Award. More by accident than intent.

While playing a par 3 course, I was getting ready to hit a 10 yard flop shot to the green, as the pin was rather close. A Phil flop is, in many respects one of my most consistent and repeatable shots. Practice this one every time I go to the range when focusing on my wedges.

Lined up well, 60º wedge almost lay flat, aimed well and hit what I thought would be a nice flop shot.

Shot went almost straight up, about 25+ feet up and with minimal movement I simply caught it about 1' in front of myself.

As this was a practice round with no score keeping, I replaced the shot and hit it again, as soon as I stopped laughing. Next shots good, landing about 4' from the cup.

Guys on the next tee enjoyed the laugh, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I love to hit floppers when ever I can. I usually hit 6, or 7 every round. 

I too practice flops  daily when not playing. It's one of my more consistent shots. 

Playing catch with a flopper is not as easy as it sounds. I've done it, but more times than not, I have to move a step, or three, to have any chance of catching one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

21 hours ago, DrMJG said:

The Flop Catch Award. More by accident than intent.

Good story, but no. This one requires a video, and the topic is over here:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This has been a long time coming.  I shot 85 yesterday, breaking 90 for the first time.  Southwinds is a short, technical, par 70 with narrow fairways, nearly acute doglegs, lateral water, and a couple of driveable par 4s.  I actually shot 89 there in the past and refused to call it breaking 90.

Tee shots were good, approach shots actually were not great (5 GIR), chipping was kinda meh, putting was very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Heh.  I just realized the pros are at “southwind” in Tennessee this weekend.

 

...different course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, Cantankerish said:

This has been a long time coming.  I shot 85 yesterday, breaking 90 for the first time.  Southwinds is a short, technical, par 70 with narrow fairways, nearly acute doglegs, lateral water, and a couple of driveable par 4s.  I actually shot 89 there in the past and refused to call it breaking 90.

Tee shots were good, approach shots actually were not great (5 GIR), chipping was kinda meh, putting was very good.

All yours! Is that the only award you've got?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I shot a personal best 73 on my local par 59 executive course. I normally shoot between 84 and 88 on this course, so today was a real breakthrough. Hopefully I can maintain this momentum, because I hit all of my clubs really well today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...