IGNORED

Claim Your Achievements Here!

iacas

Need an EAGLE achievement finally! 9th at my home course is a drivable 4. Missed pin high right and left myself 26 yards over a trap and flopped it in. Couldn’t see the hole but i heard it drop. Overall went 37/40 +5 for the day. Hit 10 fairways and 9 GIR. My best round of the year so far. Finally putting everything together!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Claiming my broke 90 achievement from yesterday's round. Also, I had an eagle earlier this year before I joined the site, but I don't know if that counts for these purposes. If not, I guess I will just have to do it again.

Justin

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Draw 11* Evenflow Blue 65 X

Fairway Wood: :callaway: Epic Flash 5 Wood 18* Tensei Blue AV 75 X
Irons: :titleist: AP3 4-PW Project X 6.5   |   Wedges: :callaway: MD4 50*/56*/60*
Putter: :odyssey: O-Works Tank #1

My Swing

5 minutes ago, BC-to-MI said:

Claiming my broke 90 achievement from yesterday's round. Also, I had an eagle earlier this year before I joined the site, but I don't know if that counts for these purposes. If not, I guess I will just have to do it again.

I think they will give you that one! I don’t think the rules say you have to have been a member here at time!

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

I'm interested in the awards.  This is what I've done so far:

• Par Breaker
  • Hole in one
  • Tournament Winner
  • Eagle

I think you should add the following achievements:

• Major Tournament Winner
  • Club Champion
  • 300+ Driver
  • 350+ Driver
  • U.S. Open Player
  • Course Record Holder

• Administrator
On 6/9/2019 at 12:57 PM, Dunit507 said:

Need an EAGLE achievement finally! 9th at my home course is a drivable 4. Missed pin high right and left myself 26 yards over a trap and flopped it in. Couldn’t see the hole but i heard it drop. Overall went 37/40 +5 for the day. Hit 10 fairways and 9 GIR. My best round of the year so far. Finally putting everything together!

Congrats! Got it.

On 6/9/2019 at 2:04 PM, BC-to-MI said:

Gave you both. The eagle counts if you've ever made one, yes.

On 6/10/2019 at 1:19 PM, edomingox said:

I'm interested in the awards.  This is what I've done so far:

• Par Breaker
  • Hole in one
  • Tournament Winner
  • Eagle

Done!

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Thank you for that eagle! I’ve been playing since I was 13... I’m now 39 and finally! I lipped out 2 eagle putts last week in one round. Drove another par 4 the next day and missed. I’ve had so many chances and seems like I always put so much pressure on myself to drop one that I never do... Hopefully now I can putt them without so much tension since I finally dropped one!

Edited by Dunit507
Wrong wording

• 5 weeks later...

Broke 80 for the first time today.  Here's the GG round: 

2689553_6VI15IzI.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

• Like 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I broke 100 if that is still an award and I'm oh so close to that breaking 90.

Can't wait to send an update when I do

First Eagle! Not sure if it counts for this achievement since it didn’t happen in an “actual” round. I play in a 9 hole, two man scramble league every Thursday during the summer. #7 at Ocala Golf Club is a 533 yd par 5. I hit a really nice drive leaving us about 230 to the green so we took that, my partner hits a pretty good shot to about 100yds so I swung my 3W, hit it well and put it on the green about 30’ from the hole. We walked to the green and I pulled the pin (my partner made a comment that I must be feeling confident), took one look at the hole, two practice swings, hit the putt and knew immediately that it was a good one. Rolled true and dropped in the dead center!

like I mentioned, it wasn’t in an individual scoring round but it was my first Eagle and it felt great!

• Thumbs Up 1
my get up and go musta got up and went..

• Administrator
On 7/11/2019 at 6:43 PM, Shindig said:

Broke 80 for the first time today.  Here's the GG round: 

2689553_6VI15IzI.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

Congrats!

On 7/15/2019 at 11:08 AM, cdutra40 said:

I broke 100 if that is still an award and I'm oh so close to that breaking 90.

Can't wait to send an update when I do

Awesome. You've got it.

On 7/19/2019 at 4:04 PM, jetsknicks1 said:

First Eagle! Not sure if it counts for this achievement since it didn’t happen in an “actual” round. I play in a 9 hole, two man scramble league every Thursday during the summer. #7 at Ocala Golf Club is a 533 yd par 5. I hit a really nice drive leaving us about 230 to the green so we took that, my partner hits a pretty good shot to about 100yds so I swung my 3W, hit it well and put it on the green about 30’ from the hole. We walked to the green and I pulled the pin (my partner made a comment that I must be feeling confident), took one look at the hole, two practice swings, hit the putt and knew immediately that it was a good one. Rolled true and dropped in the dead center!

like I mentioned, it wasn’t in an individual scoring round but it was my first Eagle and it felt great!

Great story to hear, and of course it counts! You hit all the shots.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Congrats!

Awesome. You've got it.

Great story to hear, and of course it counts! You hit all the shots.

Woohoo! Thanks!

my get up and go musta got up and went..

The Flop Catch Award. More by accident than intent.

While playing a par 3 course, I was getting ready to hit a 10 yard flop shot to the green, as the pin was rather close. A Phil flop is, in many respects one of my most consistent and repeatable shots. Practice this one every time I go to the range when focusing on my wedges.

Lined up well, 60º wedge almost lay flat, aimed well and hit what I thought would be a nice flop shot.

Shot went almost straight up, about 25+ feet up and with minimal movement I simply caught it about 1' in front of myself.

As this was a practice round with no score keeping, I replaced the shot and hit it again, as soon as I stopped laughing. Next shots good, landing about 4' from the cup.

Guys on the next tee enjoyed the laugh, too.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

I love to hit floppers when ever I can. I usually hit 6, or 7 every round. 

I too practice flops  daily when not playing. It's one of my more consistent shots. 

Playing catch with a flopper is not as easy as it sounds. I've done it, but more times than not, I have to move a step, or three, to have any chance of catching one. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• Administrator
21 hours ago, DrMJG said:

The Flop Catch Award. More by accident than intent.

Good story, but no. This one requires a video, and the topic is over here:

This has been a long time coming.  I shot 85 yesterday, breaking 90 for the first time.  Southwinds is a short, technical, par 70 with narrow fairways, nearly acute doglegs, lateral water, and a couple of driveable par 4s.  I actually shot 89 there in the past and refused to call it breaking 90.

Tee shots were good, approach shots actually were not great (5 GIR), chipping was kinda meh, putting was very good.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Cantankerish said:

This has been a long time coming.  I shot 85 yesterday, breaking 90 for the first time.  Southwinds is a short, technical, par 70 with narrow fairways, nearly acute doglegs, lateral water, and a couple of driveable par 4s.  I actually shot 89 there in the past and refused to call it breaking 90.

Tee shots were good, approach shots actually were not great (5 GIR), chipping was kinda meh, putting was very good.

All yours! Is that the only award you've got?

• Thumbs Up 1

I shot a personal best 73 on my local par 59 executive course. I normally shoot between 84 and 88 on this course, so today was a real breakthrough. Hopefully I can maintain this momentum, because I hit all of my clubs really well today.

• Like 1