IGNORED

Poll: Is this the 12th at Augusta National?

Note: This thread is 3086 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Augusta National's 12th hole  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Is this Augusta National's 12 hole?

• Yes
    • No

Saw this and tilted my head. Have since found the answer. What say you?

a.png.b50881020ff3c12a36c56c4e23159fde.p

• Upvote 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I want to say no, because I feel like you wouldn't be allowed to wear jeans on the course at Augusta.  But it does look similar, I think.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

It certainly looks like it, but I know there a number of "replica" courses out there, so it could easily be one of those.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

No. The back is wrong and the bunkers wouldn't look parallel from the normal tees. The 13th tee is to the right of the real hole. There isn't bush next to the tee either. Below is a Google Earth image of the hole.

56d7169829191_augusta12th.jpg.31994b2656

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

29 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

There isn't bush next to the tee either.

Yeah I voted no and this was the first thing that stood out to me.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

a.png.b50881020ff3c12a36c56c4e23159fde.p

Absolutely it is. And that is me in the pic with my perfect weight transferred finish... ! :-P

Honestly, I have no idea but voted no because all the smart ones in the posts above did.  

Vishal S.

Absolutely no clue but happily voted no based on the above comments.  Let us see what the answer is

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

I voted no because of the bush that appears just off the tee on the right hand side. That should not be there. The tee has no shrubs near it.

Michael

3 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

It's quite obviously not Augusta National, but rather NASCAR driver Kevin Harvick's backyard.

Duh, people.  How did you all not know that? :beer:

Curse you Red Baron, I wanted to reveal the answer :-D 

That is some ninja searching skillz.:dance:

• Upvote 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

2 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Curse you Red Baron, I wanted to reveal the answer :-D 

That is some ninja searching skillz.:dance:

I'm sorry ... it was only afterwards that I went back to your OP and saw that you mentioned you knew the answer already and were waiting for more guesses before revealing it.  That's my bad.

Not any searching skills at all though ... it popped up on my facebook feed today and I recognized the photo. :-P  I did just try and look it up on google maps though (to no avail) because I think it's a really small replica.  Hard to tell from the photo, but I'm guessing it's half size or something.  Only Harvick house I could find on google though has one he sold last year that doesn't have a golf hole on it. :(

3 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

I'm sorry ... it was only afterwards that I went back to your OP and saw that you mentioned you knew the answer already and were waiting for more guesses before revealing it.  That's my bad.

Not any searching skills at all though ... it popped up on my facebook feed today and I recognized the photo. :-P  I did just try and look it up on google maps though (to no avail) because I think it's a really small replica.  Hard to tell from the photo, but I'm guessing it's half size or something.  Only Harvick house I could find on google though has one he sold last year that doesn't have a golf hole on it. :(

Thunder Stealing Party Pooper!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

8 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Ha ha, no problem, I'm just messing with you. It was due to be revealed anyway, you saved me a post.

• Upvote 1

Steve

• 1 month later...
On 3/6/2016 at 9:03 AM, bkuehn1952 said:

I thought the astroturf tee surface was a give-a-way.

True, but unblemished Augusta has the look of astroturf. What tipped me is the bare hardwood trees behind the green. At Augusta it's mostly pines.

On 4/8/2016 at 8:21 PM, Buckeyebowman said:

True, but unblemished Augusta has the look of astroturf. What tipped me is the bare hardwood trees behind the green. At Augusta it's mostly pines.

the trees did it for me too; it's looks pretty crappy when it's not master's time if this was indeed #12 in Amen's Corner

On 3/1/2016 at 10:22 AM, nevets88 said:

a.png

I'd say no, the shape of the divider on the 'back bunkers' looks wrong. No TV tower (permanent structure I think).

Also the actual color of the teeing ground looks different making me think astroturf. I also see some brown fuzzy plant growth between the tee and the green and I don't think that would be tolerated at AN.

What's the answer? Never mind.

Edited by natureboy

Kevin

Note: This thread is 3086 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!