IGNORED

2016 Masters Prediction Contest Sponsored by PING! Win a G Driver or G Crossover!

georgep
Note: This thread is 2935 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• iacas featured and pinned this topic

So as I sit at my desk, boringly "participating" in a webinar, I tallied the results to date on the Masters picks.
And by that I mean the void picks, and there are 2 types of voids - void when picked, and voided by a later pick

Voided by a later pick I have 21
Void at the time of the pick 61
Triple crown winners (all 3 picks void at the time of the pick 7 posters for a total of 21 void picks)

It certainly get more difficult the later you pick, as there are so many picks already made; whereas the problem with picking early is trying to guess who won't be picked to first  to void your 2nd and 3rd pick, and who will be picked second to void your 3rd pick.
But to be fair I don't remember a winner of these type contest the last couple of years not coming from first picks.

Players play, tough players win!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

PING is going to help me be fast and forgiving with the new G Driver and Crossover!

1. Rory MacIiroy -19

2. Adam Scott -17

3. Phil Mickelson -17

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

PING is going to help me be fast and forgiving with the new G Driver and Crossover!

1. Jason Day -9

2. Billy Horschel -9

3. Patrick Reed - 9

Under construction, signature and game.

On March 16, 2016 at 1:40 PM, Wally Fairway said:

So as I sit at my desk, boringly "participating" in a webinar, I tallied the results to date on the Masters picks.
And by that I mean the void picks, and there are 2 types of voids - void when picked, and voided by a later pick

Voided by a later pick I have 21
Void at the time of the pick 61
Triple crown winners (all 3 picks void at the time of the pick 7 posters for a total of 21 void picks)

It certainly get more difficult the later you pick, as there are so many picks already made; whereas the problem with picking early is trying to guess who won't be picked to first  to void your 2nd and 3rd pick, and who will be picked second to void your 3rd pick.
But to be fair I don't remember a winner of these type contest the last couple of years not coming from first picks.

And just from skimming the thread it looks like most of those bad picks are made as someone's first post or very close to it.  I find it amusing that someone would sign up to a forum and in their first contribution fail to read the OP.

1. Jason Day   -11
  2. Matthew Fitzpatrick  -11
  3. Hunter Mahan  -11

- adam -

Routine: work, eat, golf, sleep, repeat

Clubs: (All Used TaylorMade) Burner Superfast Driver, JetSpeed 3&5 FW, Rescue Hybrid, Burner 2.0 Irons 5-AW, ATV Wedge 56*, White Ghost blade putter

"PING is going to help me be fast and forgiving with the new G Driver and Crossover!"

1 Jason Day -14

2 Jimmy Walker -14

3 Fred Couples -14

Driver: Titleist 910d2

Irons: Mizuno MP4s kbs tour shafts

Vokey Wedges 50 54 & 58

Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback

Balls: Pro v1x 

"PING is going to help me be fast and forgiving with the new G Driver and Crossover!"

Henrik Stenson -16

Jason Kokrak -14

Gary Woodland -13

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Jason Day -20

Adam Scott -14

Bubba Watson -19

Edited by chspeed

PING is going to help me be fast and forgiving with the new G Driver and Crossover

Brandt Snedeker -11

Patrick Reed -9

Danny Lee -7

Driver: Taylormade R15 10.5 Rogue Silver 70S  3 Wood: Krank Formula 6 Aldila Tour Blue 80S  3H: Mizuno Jpx825  Irons: 4-PW,AW: Taylormade Rsi1  Wedge: Callaway 56 MD3 Putter: Ping Cadence TR Anser 2 Heavy

Note: This thread is 2935 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!