IGNORED

2016 Masters Toonamint Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 2945 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

11 minutes ago, jamo said:

How is a 7-putt even possible?

Who seven putted?  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, jsgolfer said:

Who seven putted?  

Els on the 1st

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Just now, b101 said:

Els on the 1st

Ouch!

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

22 minutes ago, b101 said:

Just watching Casey and Spieth tear the 13th apart really puts Fowler's horror-show in perspective - 3 wood and mid iron for Spieth and Casey for crying out loud. It's just not a par five any more, they really should buy up that land they've been talking about.

Nonsense. As it is now, it's a genuine half-par for everyone in the field. Extending the tee back another 40-50 yards turns it into a layup hole for everyone except the longest hitters: the exact opposite effect than the club's intent. The shortest hitters may have to hit their third shots from the 14th fairway, because their drives would land too far back to turn the corner of the dogleg on their seconds. It's a terrible idea, and I hope Augusta National doesn't go through with it.

• Upvote 2

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I don't even want to see that 7 putt, that's a life changer. Someone that's never golfed could do better than a 7 putt.

Dave :-)

It's crazy how much Spieth destroys this golf course. T2, 1st in his only two starts here, and already he's running away with a lead? Jeez! I'm not saying he's going to win, but good gracious this guy plays pretty decent here. 

Constantine

Nice to see Tom Watson hanging in at +1 in his final Masters. Wouldn't it be great for him to make the weekend, and go out the right way?

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

19 minutes ago, jamo said:

How is a 7-putt even possible?

By missing the 6th putt...

• Upvote 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

3 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

I don't even want to see that 7 putt, that's a life changer. Someone that's never golfed could do better than a 7 putt.

It's like a terrible car crash - I probably shouldn't look but I really want to look!

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

4 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Nonsense. As it is now, it's a genuine half-par for everyone in the field. Extending the tee back another 40-50 yards turns it into a layup hole for everyone except the longest hitters: the exact opposite effect than the club's intent. The shortest hitters may have to hit their third shots from the 14th fairway, because their drives would land too far back to turn the corner of the dogleg on their seconds. It's a terrible idea, and I hope Augusta National doesn't go through with it.

My point is that I don't think you should be able to hit three wood around the corner. I do take your point about lengthening the tee not being a great idea, but I do think it needs to be a bit longer for the approach. Everyone has a different opinion, I guess. 

1 minute ago, Dave2512 said:

Nah, my wife couldn't!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

4 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

I wouldn't go quite that far, but 1 isn't one of the harder Augusta greens, so it is absolutely crazy. Mind=blown

6 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

It's crazy how much Spieth destroys this golf course. T2, 1st in his only two starts here, and already he's running away with a lead? Jeez! I'm not saying he's going to win, but good gracious this guy plays pretty decent here. 

I gotta give him credit.

And it's not like he just focuses on this Major - he really prepares for all of them.  Gotta commend him for this dedication.

Still hope Phil, Rory, or Day win, though. :-D

Christian

Just being a smart-aleck here, but maybe Alina (my daughter) could give Els a putting lesson.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Just now, onthehunt526 said:

Just being a smart-aleck here, but maybe Alina (my daughter) could give Els a putting lesson.

This would make more sense if we knew if she was a baby, toddler, little kid, teenager, or full grown adult. ;-)

Christian

Alina is 2 years old @RFKFREAK

• Upvote 1

What's in Shane's Bag?     

So Dechambeau is impressive there's no doubt about it. This perfectly consistent swing with all the equations and physics, yeah its impressive. But I think all that could lead to a low ceiling for him. No shot shaping could prevent him from going low when needed.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Note: This thread is 2945 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!