IGNORED

2016 Masters Toonamint Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 2939 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm surprised scoring is so low. I figured it would be higher after Spieth burned the course to the ground last year.

Although, Rory is T9 at -1, so it's not that low.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wheels are coming off for Bubba...  Back to even after being at -3.

And who saw Adam Scott at +4 the way he had been playing this year.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

I've been seeing a lot of layups on 15 since the telecast began. Maybe the wind is starting to play a factor for the late starters.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Thank goodness for live simulcast.  At work, but masters.org is streaming.  

• Upvote 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

6 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

Not me. His iron game seems a bit off versus then. Plus I don't think lag putting has ever been a strength of his and there's more of a premium on it at AN.

Kevin

8 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

Oh, I saw it- as soon as I picked him in fantasy.

The corollary is that I saw Spieth winning it. Saw that as soon as I decided to not pick him this week in fantasy.

• Upvote 2

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

2 hours ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Nonsense. As it is now, it's a genuine half-par for everyone in the field. Extending the tee back another 40-50 yards turns it into a layup hole for everyone except the longest hitters: the exact opposite effect than the club's intent. The shortest hitters may have to hit their third shots from the 14th fairway, because their drives would land too far back to turn the corner of the dogleg on their seconds. It's a terrible idea, and I hope Augusta National doesn't go through with it.

I'm with @Chilli Dipper.

43 minutes ago, Gboroman said:

I've never had the fortune to attend Augusta National.  Watching on TV, though, I was wondering why there is so much manicured grass between the tee and pond/green on #12?  Seem like a huge waste.  Anybody know?

Because they can mow from the 11th fairway and cut right over to 13. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Just saw Danny Willett is in the field.  Have they talked about his kid in the broadcast?  I've only half paying attention today.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

All I want is for us to actually have a contest on Sunday this year. If either Rory or Jason were to win, so much the better for my pockets!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

1 hour ago, Gboroman said:

I've never had the fortune to attend Augusta National.  Watching on TV, though, I was wondering why there is so much manicured grass between the tee and pond/green on #12?  Seem like a huge waste.  Anybody know?

That's kind of a signature of the place.  They didn't even used to have a "second cut" of rough, so 100% of the grass in the entire place was like that.  But if you go look at an overhead view of the place, you'll see it's everywhere.

• Between 12 tee and 12 green and 13th tee.
  • The last half of the 13th fairway and the first half of the 14th fairway.
  • In two areas between 15 and 17.
  • Between 10 and 18 up near 18 green.
  • Between 7 and 3.
  • Between 2 and 3.

And the biggest one of all is a huge expanse of nothingness between 9, 8, and 18.  Maybe they hold giant outdoor club events there or something, who knows?  (Just measured it roughly - it's like 2 acres plus.)

2 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Just saw Danny Willett is in the field.  Have they talked about his kid in the broadcast?  I've only half paying attention today.

Not sure about in the States, but he's been all over the UK coverage - 2 under with a decent birdie putt on 12 and playing really well.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

1 hour ago, natureboy said:

Curious why you were particularly high on Lowry?

It was a support/sympathy pick, after Lowry got so much flack for cursing at The Honda. 

My mistake, I picked Day in another pool, I picked Scott in this pool.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 minute ago, nevets88 said:

It was a support/sympathy pick, after Lowry got so much flack for cursing at The Honda. 

My mistake, I picked Day in another pool, I picked Scott in this pool.

Oh, I thought you had seen some interesting clue to a coming run of form.

Kevin

13 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

That's kind of a signature of the place.  They didn't even used to have a "second cut" of rough, so 100% of the grass in the entire place was like that.  But if you go look at an overhead view of the place, you'll see it's everywhere.

Thanks.  It's hard to tell on TV and I always thought it seemed strange how #12 tee looks like it is just placed in a field of grass rather than elevated and set off like on most courses you see.

Robert Spann

:ping: :adidas: :adams: :leupold: :nike: :srixon: :nickent:

Sheesh, Bubba is melting down like a fudge bar in Abu Dhabi.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

1 minute ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Sheesh, Bubba is melting down like a fudge bar in Abu Dhabi.

He and Rickie both just lost their heads on the back nine. Ridiculous to take yourself out of a tournament so early by not thinking.

Note: This thread is 2939 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!