IGNORED

2016 Masters Toonamint Discussion Thread

iacas
Note:Β This thread is 2932 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

It will be interesting listening to the caddy conversation with DeChambeau selecting clubs. So, 180, you'll think it'll be an Arnie or a Juniper, you know, I really think this calls for a Jackie. Cue in audience confusion. Good way to psyche out opponents trying to check out your club choice, not like they could guess by shaft length, it's clubface loft only.

• Upvote 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, b101 said:

If you found that hilarious, you should see his reaction to Webb Simpson's hole in one in the Par three contest. Completely ignores Webb giving him a hug. Such a jerk...

As much as I dislike that pious prick, Bubba was just messing with Simpson. Pretty sure they're buds.

Colin P.

2 hours ago, jsgolfer said:

I might have gone with an Opus One. Although if money was no object I would buy one of these: Chappellet Cabernet Sauvignoin Pritchard Hill Napa 2009 - $1,299 bottle

Guys... can Jordan Spieth even legally drink yet?

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway:Β ParadymΒ :callaway:Β Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway:Β Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel:Β SMSΒ Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

Β :aimpoint:

24 minutes ago, colin007 said:

As much as I dislike that pious prick, Bubba was just messing with Simpson. Pretty sure they're buds.

Ahhh that would make more sense, thanks - I only saw it whilst it was on mute on my laptopΒ (wife has the TV until tomorrow!). Thought even from Bubba it looked a bit poor.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag:Β Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Ok, Bryson won the NCAA Individual and US Amateur. That is quite awesome. However, I don't care for his silly physics/tinkering that he does, I find it annoying. Nobody can beat the golf gods and that's just how it has been and always will be. I actually hope that Bryson fires a +6, +4 then sidelines the weekend and watches the tournament. Eat a little humble pie and realize just how incredibly good those guys are. I'm thinking Stenson will give a good run.Β 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

If you've been watching The Masters for awhile, you probably know most of these, some I didn't, but they made sense and weren't surprising, given how the tournament, championship, invitational, whatever, is run.

Masters Infographic:

The-Masters-Little-Known-Facts-1.png

Β 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

8 hours ago, nevets88 said:

It will be interesting listening to the caddy conversation with DeChambeau selecting clubs. So, 180, you'll think it'll be an Arnie or a Juniper, you know, I really think this calls for a Jackie. Cue in audience confusion. Good way to psyche out opponents trying to check out your club choice, not like they could guess by shaft length, it's clubface loft only.

I never thought of that aspect - awesome.

11 hours ago, saevel25 said:

A lot of golfers were asked about Bryson and his quirkiness. The thing I got out of it is how most of the golfers don't have or don't want the in depth knowledge about why things happen like Bryson wants to know.

Bryson is clearly an idiot. Everyone knows that what works is progressively longer shafts in your irons. Golf has already figured that out. Don't try to think through a problem on your own, This is what we know from experience!

Kevin

3 hours ago, DeadMan said:

Guys... can Jordan Spieth even legally drink yet?

He's 22. But 22 year old guys know nothing about wine unless the grew up in Napa or France. ?

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

GMac giving us a good view of the range.

Β 

GMac has good taste in music. Good tunes driving down Magnolia Lane.

Β 

Steve

8 hours ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Bryson's going to be a great teacher of the game someday. Unfortunately, that means I fear his brain won't hold up to the grind of tour life.

Ugh he's gonna be Brandel 2.0

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland:Β CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

12 minutes ago, atb5079 said:

Ugh he's gonna be Brandel 2.0

God, I hope not. I've got Golf Channel on behind me, and Brandel's going on and on about how the 13th needs to be lengthened by 50 yards.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5Β° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17Β° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20Β° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60Β° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

3 hours ago, Natural Patrick said:

Going to be a great Toonamint. I'm in for $100 if Patrick Reed can finish in the top 10.

Swap top ten for top 8 and you and me bothΒ :-)

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag:Β Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

11 hours ago, nevets88 said:

GMac giving us a good view of the range.

Β 

GMac has good taste in music. Good tunes driving down Magnolia Lane.

Β 

Their range is better than any course I play!Β 

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Anyone on the Masters site yesterday afternoon experience redirectionΒ to the par 3 contest when trying to watch Β interviews? Tried it with 2 browsers, to watchΒ player interviews and the site redirected to the par 3 contest, not sure if it was live then. If it was done on purpose, not cool.

Steve

Β 

Anyone on the Masters site yesterday afternoon experience redirectionΒ to the par 3 contest when trying to watch Β interviews? Tried it with 2 browsers, to watchΒ player interviews and the site redirected to the par 3 contest, not sure if it was live then. If it was done on purpose, not cool.

It didn't happen to me.Β 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

Β 

It didn't happen to me.Β 

Probably a glitch. Bought to you by the innovators at IBM.Β ;-)

Today's pin placements:

Cfb_i35UIAAqNpO.jpg

• Upvote 1

Steve

Did masters.com stop webcasting the ceremonial opening shots? (I missed if they did)
Although not as big a deal as both Jack & Gary played in the mini golf par 3 spectacle yesterday

Players play, tough players win!

Note:Β This thread is 2932 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!