IGNORED

Presidential Race 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2891 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who do you want to see as our next President?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you vote for as our next President?

• Hillary Clinton (D)
    • Bernie Sanders (D)
    • Donald Trump (R)
    • Ted Cruz (R)

5 hours ago, Chilli Dipper said:

The USA Today published a report this morning alleging that Donald Trump habitually refuses to pay people for the work he's hired them to do: Subcontractors on his various construction projects, hospitality workers at his hotels and resorts, even lawyers defending him in court against lawsuits accusing him of not paying people for their work.

There's a real pathology in Trump's modus operandi, as described in the article. He tells a contractor that their work is lousy, and he's going to pay for it, but he also says he'd like to work with them again in the future. Trump is arrogant enough to dare small businesses to sue him, because he can pay the legal fees of a long court battle and they can't; yet he's also predatory enough to know that if he dangles the bait, there are enough people blinded by the Trump mythos to allow themselves to be taken advantage of time and time again.

I await the response of the Trump true believers in this thread to correct me, and show how this story explains how Trump is a great American.

LOL, that's how most big businesses operate.  Do some research on large corporations, you'll find a lot of civil lawsuits for failure to pay.  

There was also an article about how Hillary got off a rapist when she was a lawyer despite knowing he was guilty and laughed about it during an interview.   Should we be upset at Hillary for doing her job too?

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

LOL, that's how most big businesses operate.  Do some research on large corporations, you'll find a lot of civil lawsuits for failure to pay.  

There was also an article about how Hillary got off a rapist when she was a lawyer despite knowing he was guilty and laughed about it during an interview.   Should we be upset at Hillary for doing her job too?

Yes.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

3 hours ago, Elmer said:

He used to say Obama was from Kenya, until he was proven dead wrong. Seems funny now a days. DT was so adamant that he was right until he was not!
Although he does not refer to Carson as "African American", but he did call out a rally attendee for being "African American".

People thought he was from Kenya because that's what he wrote in his books and used to promote himself.  

Obama-Column.png

Joe Paradiso

1 minute ago, newtogolf said:

If you get a contract to work for the City of Dayton or The State of Ohio you better pay your subcontractors or you get banned from being able to bid on projects. 

Spoiler

This just means there needs to be stricter regulations on subcontractors. There should always be a paper trail and mandatory contracts showing what needs to be done and  how much is going to be paid. If they guy isn't going to be paid then it should be easy for the subcontractor to sue and get their money. Maybe their needs to be laws to put the amount owed in escrow so it's not under the thumb of the big business. 

3 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

We should be upset that she laughed about it.

Defense lawyers are suppose to be impartial to the point that it doesn't matter if they are guilty or not. Everyone is allowed legal counsel by a lawyer. I have no issue with lawyers who defending the guilty. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

16 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

If you get a contract to work for the City of Dayton or The State of Ohio you better pay your subcontractors or you get banned from being able to bid on projects. 

Hide contents

This just means there needs to be stricter regulations on subcontractors. There should always be a paper trail and mandatory contracts showing what needs to be done and  how much is going to be paid. If they guy isn't going to be paid then it should be easy for the subcontractor to sue and get their money. Maybe their needs to be laws to put the amount owed in escrow so it's not under the thumb of the big business. 

We should be upset that she laughed about it.

Defense lawyers are suppose to be impartial to the point that it doesn't matter if they are guilty or not. Everyone is allowed legal counsel by a lawyer. I have no issue with lawyers who defending the guilty. 

Think about all the subcontractors that Trump has hired through the years and compare that to the number of civil suits the article claims have been filed against him, I would guess it's less than 1% or less. 

I've hired subcontractors to do work on my house, when they didn't do a job that was acceptable in terms of quality or schedule I refused to pay the balance owed and we negotiated a final price that both sides felt was fair.  Smart business people hold sub-contractors to the terms of their agreements.  If you tell me it will take 2 weeks then you better finish in 2 weeks or come back and negotiate with me for more time at a discount.  

I am also sure in some cases Trump's business tried to cut costs on project overruns and expected the contractors take a cut too.  What's ridiculous is that again the newspaper and people here actually think Trump is dealing with all these subcontractors directly and that he alone made the decision to not pay them.  It is his business and ultimately he is responsible for the corporation but Trump isn't personally negotiating $40,000 subcontractor jobs.    

Joe Paradiso

26 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

What's ridiculous is that again the newspaper and people here actually think Trump is dealing with all these subcontractors directly and that he alone made the decision to not pay them.  It is his business and ultimately he is responsible for the corporation but Trump isn't personally negotiating $40,000 subcontractor jobs.    

As I've said before in this thread, that's what Trump would like us all to believe. Based on the stories that have come out of his campaign about his inability to delegate authority to senior staff members, or how he dresses down his advisors who make decisions that go against his whims, I'm more inclined to believe he's that much of a hands-on, micromanaging executive. If not, his business demeanor is very different from his political demeanor.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

1 hour ago, newtogolf said:

People thought he was from Kenya because that's what he wrote in his books and used to promote himself.  

Obama-Column.png

Oh weird, more easily-disproved BS.  Do you bother to fact-check anything before posting? 

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/booklet.asp

The editor of the biographical text about Barack Obama which was included in the booklet maintained that the mention of Kenya was an error on her part and was not based on any information provided to her by Obama himself

14 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

As I've said before in this thread, that's what Trump would like us all to believe. Based on the stories that have come out of his campaign about his inability to delegate authority to senior staff members, or how he dresses down his advisors who make decisions that go against his whims, I'm more inclined to believe he's that much of a hands-on, micromanaging executive. If not, his business demeanor is very different from his political demeanor.

I don't believe there is enough time in the day for Trump to personally handle every sub-contract.  With the size of his business projects, it would not surprise me if that was the work of 50 people.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

32 minutes ago, 14ledo81 said:

I don't believe there is enough time in the day for Trump to personally handle every sub-contract.  With the size of his business projects, it would not surprise me if that was the work of 50 people.

Exactly, with all the projects he's got going at the same time there's now way he's negotiating with every individual subcontractor. 

37 minutes ago, drmevo said:

Oh weird, more easily-disproved BS.  Do you bother to fact-check anything before posting? 

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/booklet.asp

I didn't have to fact check, I was just pointing out that no one (Trump) made up that he was born in Kenya, it was published in Obama's promotional material and in the first edition of his first book. 

Joe Paradiso

21 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Exactly, with all the projects he's got going at the same time there's now way he's negotiating with every individual subcontractor. 

I didn't have to fact check, I was just pointing out that no one (Trump) made up that he was born in Kenya, it was published in Obama's promotional material and in the first edition of his first book. 

What's the source for this?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

6 minutes ago, jamo said:

What's the source for this?

It wasn't in his book. It was a promotional pamphlet made for, and distributed to, publishing industry people. Obama had nothing to do with it. He didn't take away anyone's guns either. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

It looks like Google has been manipulating how they auto-fill the search bar as you type to give Hillary only positive results. Note, this is not illegal, but it is most likely an unethical action performed by Google. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

10 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

It looks like Google has been manipulating how they auto-fill the search bar as you type to give Hillary only positive results. Note, this is not illegal, but it is most likely an unethical action performed by Google. 

Google and Facebook have both been stacking the deck in HRC's favor.  

Joe Paradiso

19 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Why is it unethical?  If they support HRC don't they have the right to make their engines do what ever they want?  They are a business after all.

11 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Google and Facebook have both been stacking the deck in HRC's favor.  

Yeah, so?  Businesses can support whoever they want however they want as everyone is also free to not use their services..

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

31 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

Why is it unethical?  If they support HRC don't they have the right to make their engines do what ever they want?  They are a business after all.

Yeah, so?  Businesses can support whoever they want however they want as everyone is also free to not use their services..

Google is a business but given they are used universally as a search engine they should be obligated to disclose to their users that they are politically biased and that the search results will be censored to reflect their bias.   

Joe Paradiso

30 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Google is a business but given they are used universally as a search engine they should be obligated to disclose to their users that they are politically biased and that the search results will be censored to reflect their bias.   

No they shouldn't .  I'm not sure what it is you are basing this conclusion on exactly.  its funny you think they should be "obligated" since I see nothing close to an obligation or even a need for disclosure.  (From them or Facebook)

Also, if you don't find what you are searching for in the autocomplete just type out what you want to search for.  Or better yet use yahoo search!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Abu3baid said:

Seriously?

This was literally a storyline on House of Cards. It's extremely unethical.

Search is used as a public service. "Don't be evil" left the building long ago, unfortunately.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Seriously?

This was literally a storyline on House of Cards. It's extremely unethical.

Search is used as a public service. "Don't be evil" left the building long ago, unfortunately.

Maybe someone at SourceFed was watching too much House of Cards then:

http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/10/11906912/google-denies-autocomplete-search-manipulation-hillary-clinton

Really hard-hitting journalism there from SourceFed, glad they checked multiple sources and really looked into it.  

We should keep in mind that the media makes money from pissing us off at things and each other.  I'm as guilty of falling for it as anyone.  

Edited by drmevo

Note: This thread is 2891 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!