IGNORED

2016 U.S. Open at Oakmont Discussion Thread

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2838 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Gotta commend Westwood today for how he has handled playing terribly and being a great partner with DJ. Good stuff to see.

• Upvote 1

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Johnson birdies #18 for the win.  Margin TBD. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

After all of that talk about how the rain on Thursday would take the bite out of Oakmont, it looks like only three players will finish under par for the championship.

• Upvote 1

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Just now, RJH999 said:

Much shout outs to Jim Furyk who somehow finished in T-2 when everybody else shit themselves :content:

That's how it usually works out for him.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

1 minute ago, RJH999 said:

Much shout outs to Jim Furyk who somehow finished in T-2 when everybody else shit themselves :content:

Yup. Seems to do that a lot.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Ok.  Credit where it's due.  I've gotta commend Fox on their camera work following Paulina walking with DJ to the scorer's tent...

• Upvote 5

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

1 minute ago, David in FL said:

Ok.  Credit where it's due.  I've gotta commend Fox on their camera work following Paulina walking with DJ to the scorer's tent...

Yeah that was a treat but geez, could she dress anymore sl--ty?

Are they assessing the penalty and does it matter for the contest?

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

1 minute ago, Aflighter said:

I don't think that word means what you think it does.  

Just now, BallStriker said:

Are they assessing the penalty and does it matter for the contest?

Unknown and no.  If everyone not in holes out their next stroke, he still wins by multiple shots. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

3 minutes ago, Aflighter said:

Definitely got, but getting to age where that outfit is borderline

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

6 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Could almost see straight up into her "Great One"....

Colin P.

1 minute ago, Hardspoon said:

Does the penalty stroke change the result of the Sun Mountain contest? Or is it @phillyk either way?

I don't think so, unless it somehow DQs Dustin.  He's at -5 or -4 (now -4, they said as I'm typing this) and the only entries with him at #1 were over par, -2, and -4.  If he had parred #18, it would maybe be an issue (I don't know the tiebreaker if he won at -3). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Just now, Hardspoon said:

Does the penalty stroke change the result of the Sun Mountain contest? Or is it @phillyk either way?

I would very much like it to be me!! :D im like jumping up and down in my car. Haha!

• Upvote 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

1 minute ago, phillyk said:

I would very much like it to be me!! :D im like jumping up and down in my car. Haha!

Drive safe!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 2838 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!