IGNORED

Most Number of Pars in a Round

iacas
Note: This thread is 1859 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Maximum Par Rounds  

81 members have voted

1. 1. What's the most number of pars you've had in an 18-hole round of golf?

• 1-6
    • 7-10
    • 11-12
    • 13-14

Nice round! 

I don't know.  I don't make a ton of birdies, but have shot a bunch of +1 rounds, so maybe 15 or 16....?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 pars, 2 birds, and one bogey, 69 on a par 70 course (Riverside, Cambridge Springs, PA). My only ever sub-70 score. Of note, came in the 4th round of a 100 hole challenge!

Marshall

13 pars, 2 birdies, two bogeys and one triple - uhg!

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

13-14 on very very rare occasions. Even my under par rounds had a couple of bogeys. I can't remember the last time I had 9 pars on the front or back nine.

I have had quite a few double digit par rounds over the years. About 8 years ago I had 15 pars, and shot a 75. Thats the most I can remember for one round. Most of the time I am some where around 8-10 pars per round. I don't card many birds, so I depend on pars for good scores. 

Now the par rounds that get me thinking, are the ones where I will bogey one the first/second 9 holes , and then  par the other 9 holes. I do that at least twice a year. 80s and 81s look good on the score card no matter how I get there. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I posted a round to GAME GOLF just a minute ago… http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1134320… and noticed that I again managed 18 pars in a round. Again.

The only putt of any real length is the one I made for par on the 18th hole. I didn't know at the time that it was for another 18-par round.

Weird. I've either doubled or tripled the number of 18-par rounds I've had, all within the last month or so.

(This course is considerably easier than the previous course.)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Had to go back and check my GolfPad records.

I shot an 86 with 9 pars once. Weird round lol. 

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

26 minutes ago, iacas said:

I posted a round to GAME GOLF just a minute ago… http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1134320… and noticed that I again managed 18 pars in a round. Again.

The only putt of any real length is the one I made for par on the 18th hole. I didn't know at the time that it was for another 18-par round.

Weird. I've either doubled or tripled the number of 18-par rounds I've had, all within the last month or so.

(This course is considerably easier than the previous course.)

This sounds really really dull.  The kind of dull I'd really like to get used to seeing n my own game. 

• Upvote 3

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

The most I've ever had was 14 this June. Very boring 76 with 4 bogies. Scrambled like a mad man on the back 9. Untitled.jpg

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

1 hour ago, iacas said:

… and noticed ...

This fascinates me.  I have had plenty of rounds where I didn't know what I was shooting as the end nears, but that is predicated on the fact that I wasn't paying much attention to how many bogeys I'd made or didn't do any adding along the way.  I can't imagine not realizing that I've made entirely pars.

4 minutes ago, kpaulhus said:

The most I've ever had was 14 this June. Very boring 76 with 4 bogies. Scrambled like a mad man on the back 9. 

The two bold sections don't really jive. :-P

9 for me.  I recently had a round with 8, which I thought might be the best, but I checked my records on TheGrint, and I had one better earlier this summer.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

Just now, Golfingdad said:

The two bold sections don't really jive. :-P

They were mostly nGIR where I chipped or putted it up for a tap in.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

I'm not sure about my most ever but this weekend I had 10 pars, all 2-putts either from the green or fringe.  At least half the birdie putts were pretty makable but I made sure to miss them so I could post to this thread.  It was one of my best playing worse scoring rounds in awhile.  The other 8 holes averaged double bogey.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

This fascinates me.  I have had plenty of rounds where I didn't know what I was shooting as the end nears, but that is predicated on the fact that I wasn't paying much attention to how many bogeys I'd made or didn't do any adding along the way.  I can't imagine not realizing that I've made entirely pars.

I was mostly watching Nat and Richard.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1859 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!