IGNORED

Most Number of Pars in a Round

iacas
Note: This thread is 1858 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Maximum Par Rounds  

81 members have voted

1. 1. What's the most number of pars you've had in an 18-hole round of golf?

• 1-6
    • 7-10
    • 11-12
    • 13-14

• Administrator

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1074402

The other day I had a round with 18 straight pars. I thought I might birdie the 10th (and a hole or two before that, perhaps), but after about the 12th hole I was really almost more interested in getting what I think is my third 18-par round instead of shooting 71 or 70…

So, how many 18-par rounds have you ever had? Or, what is the highest number of pars you've had in a round?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My personal best is nine pars. The one time I broke 80, I only had four pars.

Edited by Grndslmhttr3

-Rich

I'm not even sure, but I'd guess it's 5 or 6 (my low round ever is a 93, several times).

I've never had more than two in a row.

#golfishard  (for me)

- John

Since I've started tracking my game, I've had 6 pars over 9 holes (my local is a 9 hole course) and 6 pars over 18 holes on a course I hadn't played in years.  So on the low end for 18, but if you extrapolate it out from my best 9, not too bad at 12 (I know you can't do that :-( )

Woods: Ping G15 10.5* Draw Driver;   Ping G Series 14.5* 3 Wood;  Callaway 2019 Apex 19* 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno MP-33 4-PW

Wedges: Ping Glide 1.0 52* SS, Glide Stealth 2.0 56* ES, Hogan 60* SW

Edel E-1 Putter

The most pars in a round I've had is eight, just did it last week. Was seven which I managed a few times.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

IDK, I would estimate at 13-14.

43 minutes ago, iacas said:

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1074402

The other day I had a round with 18 straight pars. I thought I might birdie the 10th (and a hole or two before that, perhaps), but after about the 12th hole I was really almost more interested in getting what I think is my third 18-par round instead of shooting 71 or 70…

So, how many 18-par rounds have you ever had? Or, what is the highest number of pars you've had in a round?

Something remarkable about 18 pars. Dead pulse of high order.

Vishal S.

I've had 12 pars once when I shot 76 two years ago... 2 birdies, 2 bogeys, 2 doubles, 12 pars.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

I wouldn't know if I didn't have game golf.  My best round had 12 pars.  That was the best round I've had by far, I was 5 over on an executive par 58 course.

Best I've done on a par 72 course is 9 pars.

I'm pretty sure I had 14 pars when I first shot 2-under.  I remember making birdies on each of the three par-5 holes, and only one bogey somewhere.  I don't think I've ever had more than that.

• Upvote 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

So, how many 18-par rounds have you ever had?

$%^*& you! :-D

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Or, what is the highest number of pars you've had in a round?

Nice save. ;)

I don't know for sure.  I have a scorecard in front of me from my best recent round where I shot +1, but it also contains my record low number of birdies (4), so I only had 10 pars that day.  For the stretch of rounds recorded in Gamegolf, my high is 12 pars in one round ... that is almost certainly my record, but if not, it would likely be no more than 13.

I have had rounds where I get a lot of pars but no birds and several doubles and a triple or two. Even last night I had 5 pars out of 9 holes. Pars don't seem all that hard to get. At least not on the courses I play, it's more just not missing the birdie putts and/or not losing a ball that's the problem.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

This is actually a metric I key on, I set a goal of 9 per round.  Most I've had is 12.  My best round ever, 70, I only had 10, with 4 birdies and 4 bogies.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Got to 17 once a long time ago, I was young and it didn't mean much at the time. Idiot.

My dad told me he did it once, but he was more proud of the time he shot 72 with all 4's. He called it "shooting level fours", said the scorecard looked real good with nothing but 4s on it. It must have been considered cool back in the 1930's :)

Having 18 pars in a row is kind of random for a good player I would think, like Mr. Erik said you'd think they would fall into the odd birdie at least once.

Steve

Not enough.

• Upvote 1

:cobra:  :wilsonstaff:  :cleveland:

• Cobra Fly-Z+ Driver (10*), 3/4 Fwy (15.5*)
  • Adams Red (20*)
  • Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 4-GW (24*,27*,31*,35*,39*,43*,47*, 51*)
  • Cobra Trusty Rusty (51*,55*,59*)
  • Cleveland TFI 6.5

Not really sure.  I marked down 11 to 12 but for me it is between 8 to 12.  Have played so many rounds of golf and never really kept track of most pars, most birdies etc in a round.  Recently most rounds have been around 6 pars or so but it is the other holes that make me say, WHY OH WHY!!!!!!

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Note: This thread is 1858 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!