IGNORED

TST East Coast Get-Together (w/AimPoint), May 5-7 2017

GolfLug
Note: This thread is 2537 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hope the weather cooperates for you all! Wish I could have made it this year. The course looks great! 

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sorry to say guys, my back just spasmed and tightened up again. By tighten up I mean lots of pain from muscle spasms. Last time it took 2-3 days to feel comfortable with even attempting to swing a club. I am going to have to drop out. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

19 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Sorry to say guys, my back just spasmed and tightened up again. By tighten up I mean lots of pain from muscle spasms. Last time it took 2-3 days to feel comfortable with even attempting to swing a club. I am going to have to drop out. 

That sucks.

Wait, don't they usually say that the best thing for back spasms is to sit in a car for 6 hours and then play golf in cold, rainy weather?!? 

- John

8 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

That sucks.

Wait, don't they usually say that the best thing for back spasms is to sit in a car for 6 hours and then play golf in cold, rainy weather?!? 

It wasn't even a sudden movement that caused it. I was sitting down and packing a bag when the lower left part of my back just seized up. Once it went my whole lower back tightened up. 

Popped a muscle relaxer and some Alieve and hopefully it feels better soon. I'm going to give my doctor a call later today. Maybe doing some PT twice a week will help. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

Sorry to hear this, we'll miss you.  I had a muscle strain just once in my lower back, leading to severe spasms, and the doctor recommended six weeks of relative inactivity, I hope you don't need that level of rest.

We're down to eight TST members now for each day.  Jerry's friend Cord has decided he'd better spend a day with his wife rather than play with us Sunday.  My wife will plan to play with some other friends tomorrow, rather than play with us and make it nine.  The weather forecast is looking a little better, with just chances of pop-up thunderstorms this afternoon, clearing by Aimpoint time, and just a chance of showers tomorrow.

Drive safe, everyone, and I'll see y'all tomorrow morning.

• Upvote 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• Administrator

New schedule for AimPoint classes:

- 4:00pm Saturday afternoon after the golf

- 8:30am Sunday morning before the golf

Spots are still available - please fill 'em up! The best money you can spend on improving your golf game. Green Reading is an SV③ skill, after all!!!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Gentlemen, just a reminder.  As you're headed to Stoneleigh, there's often pretty heavy speed enforcement on Route 7 once you've passed Leesburg.  Keep it under about 62 and you'll be fine.

• Upvote 1

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

On 5/6/2017 at 8:22 AM, DaveP043 said:

Gentlemen, just a reminder.  As you're headed to Stoneleigh, there's often pretty heavy speed enforcement on Route 7 once you've passed Leesburg.  Keep it under about 62 and you'll be fine.

Glad I didn't see any of them after 287, I was doing around 75, maybe that's why it didn't take me to long to get there ;-)

Gus
---------------

It was good being cart-mates with you @JGus and meeting everyone else on Saturday.  And especially thanks to @DaveP043 for being a terrific host at Stoneleigh.

I played pretty poorly too.  My front 9 on Saturday was ok, but then the wheels fell off.  But, hey, a bad day of golf is still a pretty good day.

• Upvote 2

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

I had a great time over the weekend, seeing some old friends again, and meeting some new ones.  We survived some pretty challenging weather on Saturday, had a nice brisk breeze all day Sunday.  @iacas did a great job with the Aimpoint clinics, I definitely learned a lot that I'll continue to practice and use.  Thanks to everyone who showed up.  For @saevel25 and @RandallT, get better quickly!

And based on the weather we've had at Stoneleigh in both 2016 and 2017, I imagine that we'll be forever banned from hosting any TST event in the foreseeable future.

• Upvote 2

Dave

Fun weekend! Never enjoyed myself so much playing bad golf, funny enough I played better in the terrible weather Saturday than I did Sunday. It was great meeting some new people as well as seeing some familiar faces.

Thanks again to @DaveP043 and his wife Mary Anne for hosting us. I had a great time and I'd be happy to do it again sometime.

• Upvote 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• iacas changed the title to TST East Coast Get-Together (w/AimPoint), May 5-7 2017
3 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

We survived some pretty challenging weather on Saturday

Well...your group "survived" it...our group just quit and drank beer. :-D

Big thanks to @DaveP043, @MaryAnneP043, and @iacas for setting everything up.  I had a great time, despite the somewhat uncooperative weather.

• Upvote 1

- John

Just now, Hardspoon said:

Big thanks to @DaveP043, @MaryAnneP043, and @iacas for setting everything up.  I had a great time, despite the somewhat uncooperative weather.

Her handle is actually @steinmap, and she had a great time meeting everyone too.  I just hope I can keep ahead of her, now that she's taken the Aimpoint stuff.

• Upvote 1

Dave

17 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Her handle is actually @steinmap, and she had a great time meeting everyone too.  I just hope I can keep ahead of her, now that she's taken the Aimpoint stuff.

I told her it's good you both took it, because you can challenge each other to see who is better. Good way to get the practice in, too.

• Upvote 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Well it seems like I bring weather with me every time I come to Stoneleigh.. So may be I am the one that should take the blame..:-)

But needless to say the weekend was a great success with @iacas doing two Aimpoint clinics and the TST group playing two semi full rounds (well, some of the weaker ones gave up on Saturday on the back 9.. lol!).

Truly enjoyed the after round festivities at @DaveP043 and @steinmap's house Saturday evening. There was plenty of home cooked food, Dave's famous basement IPA tap beer, wine and some old and new friends to warm our cold toes and fill our bellies. Wonderful evening.

The only thing I regret is completely forgetting to click some pictures for posterity. So if anybody did remember to take some, kindly post.

It was nice meeting @JGus and @davechen and good to catch up with @DaveP043, @steinmap, @Hardspoon, @billchao, @jsgolfer and @RandallT.

• Upvote 2

Vishal S.

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

The only thing I regret is completely forgetting to click some pictures for posterity. So if anybody did remember to take some, kindly post.

Would you settle for a video of you attempting the Flop Shot Challenge? (flying sunglasses and all)

• Upvote 5

- John

Note: This thread is 2537 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!