IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Another routine par. 

Par 3, slicey thin tee shot way right. Pitch way short. 

Chip in from 15 yards. Easy 🤣

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

140 yard par 3 over water that always plays a club longer. I stupidly hit my 140 yard club and of course came up short in a bunker. Ball was plugged deep, almost completely buried. And I was just behind the lip of the bunker, which was about 3 feet higher than where my ball was. Impossible shot, I thought. 

Swung as hard as I could and slammed my lob wedge right behind the ball. Popped out perfectly and rolled to about 18” for a par. Probably my best sand save ever. 

• Administrator

I think I'm going to have to list my 372-yard drive as the best shot I've hit lately. Fifth hole (my 14th of the day) at The Links at Greystone.

2927507_pW6gJNWu.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

🙂

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Gap Wedge to 2-FT, from 115 yards. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Every time I hit a draw on my driver. 

Seriously best was third shot on a par 5 140 metre i7 over some treacherous water hazard. I dont get spin with my longer irons of my d7 set so it was crucial to get the carry just over but not more. I landed on the fringe and it rolled 10 metres some 60 cm past the hole on the perfect line. 

These shots would be so easy with more swing speed. 

Wasn’t getting off the tee well yesterday so had a bunch of awkward recovery shots.

On #3 I pushed a drive down the right side. Got a fortunate kick and it stayed in play but landed in some tall, dry, weeds that were semi-trampled.

Had about 85 yards to the middle of the green, off a downhill/side hill lie, with low tree limbs obstructing anything but a punch shot.

Hit a low, partial 8-iron under the tree limbs. Didn’t see the ball flight because it was obstructed by trees, but the pitch mark was about pin high, and rolled out another 30 feet to the back fringe. Left about 35 feet for birdie. Ended up with par but that’s fine - I used to completely bungle those types of recovery shots and walk off with doubles and triples. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Finally got out with a buddy who spends much of the year in AZ.  He has always been willing to critique my game despite getting regularly thumped.  On the opening hole, a par 5, two marginal shots found me 185 yards out in the left rough on a cool dewy morning.  The hole was located well left, behind a cavernous greenside bunker.  For me, a perfect shot would be just right of the bunker, setting up a longish 1st putt.

I grabbed my fairway wood and set-up for a slight fade to the right side of the green.  Long was preferable to short as short started to flirt with the bunker.  My always aware buddy commented, "All your clubs look the same", noting that I was hitting the same club as my second shot.  "Thanks for noticing, Pat"   :fuckall

I hit it solidly, with a nice trajectory. It was headed for the corner of the bunker but had just enough fade to  miss a step to the right.  The ball landed softly and ended pin high, 30 feet right of the hole.  A simple 2-putt and I was off to the races.  Pulling off that shot seemed to jump start my game.  Close to my best ball striking day of 2020.

• Like 1

Brian Kuehn

After an 11 on hole 1 of Whispering Woods (talk about rough), I proceeded to shank my tee shot on hole 2 (a par 3), completely fat my second shot, only to chip in from ~25 yards. It ain't much, but it's honest work.

• Like 2
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Last night - 1st hole on the Par 3 course I've been playing - nice little place called Robin's Nest - worked a few things out with my swing at the range the night before last and landed on the green for the first time ever, but on the wrong side of a sharp hill about 20 feet away from the pin.  I sank the putt beautifully for my first ever birdie.  🙂

Landed on the green 3 more times over 9 holes, so I must have really fixed something - last night I shaved 7 strokes off my previous best for this course.  The husband also had his best round ever, as did the 12 year old.  This is our 3rd summer playing.  I think we are ready to start playing longer courses!

Best shot of the week --from the tee PAR3 - off the Blue tee = 215yards - 6iron hit as good as I've ever hit it .... onto a well guarded green ...flags was mid green on upper tier semi protected from bank covered in high tussock rough ......

the ball went pretty much straight with smallest of draws landed right front face of green rolled uphill 3-4yards to stop behind flag 2-feet away...

And I did in front of a couple of younger guys that were letting me through so ...added some pressure

Go Foxy Go

Hit a 285-yard drive today that embedded in it's pitch mark (soft fairways today), so all carry. Slightly elevated tee, so I estimate it would have carried 270-275 on a perfectly flat hole.

-Peter

Mixture between two shots from today. 

175 into the wind, hit a 6 iron to 8'. My buddy talked me out of the 5 iron. 

But my favorite...Par-5, push my tee shot into the hazard on the right. Drop, and pull my 2-iron. Pure a shot way out there about 240 (not an average distance lol), and the head of the club goes about 80 yards. Club's about a month old lol. Pitched onto the green and made a 12' putt to save par.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Par 5, 535 yards downhill dogleg left with water all along the left side and tree-lined on the right, green also protected by water on the left.

Placed myself at the centre of the bend with a nice drive, 206 yards to the hole. Managed to hit a 3W perfect, over the water, and got it to land pin high, about 25 feet away. Unfortunately three-putted for a disappointing par.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Putts count, right? 

In a tight BB match, we were one up going into 16, a par 3. The pin was up and the green is slanted significantly, front to back. I would have to hit the club for the front pin yardage perfectly and short is not an option; an impossible up and down. So I hit the club that I knew would get on the green, but that would probably leave me with a significant downhill putt, and that is exactly what happened, leaving me a 45 foot downhill, sidehill challenge. One of our opponents hit a great shot about 10 feet from the pin and my partner left his shot short and couldn't get within 20 feet. My goal was just to try and get the putt to stop somewhere within 5 feet and I addressed the ball with the toe of the putter. The line was perfect and I was pleased with the speed. It was going to leave me with a tap in, but then it dropped!! My opponent mumbled something unintelligible but I am sure it included something requiring a censor, and he proceeded to miss his putt badly. We had them dormie and my partner put them out of their misery with a birdie on 17. Fun day.

Bill M

Last hole of nine today - 304 yard par 4. I'd played pretty terribly.  Hit a shocking tee shot... swerved into a tree and dropped into some scrub underneath - total distance of 114 yards.  Horrible lie, but looked like I had a chance to punch out into the middle of the fairway, and at least give myself a chance at an approach shot.  First attempt got stuck in more undergrowth and trickled out a tiny bit further.  Second attempt went like a rocket, and raced across the fairway to nestle under a tree, in some fairly thick rough.  Three shots down, and my hopes of salvaging anything from the hole were low.  However, from this not entirely optimal lie, I managed to produce exactly the shot I've been working on - a beautifully flighted draw, with a pitching wedge, which landed 14 feet from the pin.  Bouyed by this lovely shot, I proceeded to stroke in a smooth putt, to get bogie, and finish an otherwise hopeless round on a high!

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

After a good drive on a par-5 I had about 170 yards left for my second shot into the green. This is a weird tweener distance for me, either a pured 7-iron or a less than pure 6-iron. Normally I would play a 7 iron and be content to land on the green short of the hole. But the approach was playing into a gusty wind, so I chose 6-iron.

I flushed it, dead straight and tracking at the flag. Best struck shot of the day for sure. Unfortunately it flew the green by 10 yards, but I got lucky and the ball bounced off a tree behind the green and kicked onto the back fringe.

Putted for eagle from the fringe (missed), and then 2-putted on the green from about 6 feet for a par.

-Peter

#10 is a Par 3.  Hit my drive left of the green, more left then I anticipated.  I grabbed my 56* & 52* wedges as well as my putter as I walked over to the area where I thought my ball was.  Didn't find it.  Looked a the pin and went pin high left.  Still didn't find it.  Just about to give up looking for my ball when I noticed it further away and up on the tee box for a different hole.  Relieved I found my ball only to get to it and my shoulders just dropped.  You know that sinking feeling you get when have no way to hit the shot because you have the wrong clubs with.

My ball was nestled in deep thick rough, elevated above the green with a over hanging tree.  No way I could hit either wedge and not hit the tree branches.  I thought about massively hooding the club but then thought about how tragic that could turn out.  I was stuck.  Then I looked at my putter.  My mind rapidly calculated the loft at 3*, the ball was elevated so there was a drop off between me and the hill in front of the green.  My next thought was, 15 yards will I break my putter?  Answer, well I have been debating on getting a new putter, soooo really what do I have to lose?

Took a couple practice swings and then hit the ball.  It was nearly perfect.  Ball clicked ever so nice off of the face, it felt real good.  Floated thru the air, hit the bank popped up and on the fringe and then rolled on the green.  I was so flipping excitted!

I yelled at my wife, did you see that!  That was my putter, that was incredible. 

I was so cranked up I 3 putted.

The wife looks at me and says, I got a 3 and you got a 5, that's what I saw.  

That shot was amazing

• Like 1

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

• Administrator

I holed a 40-foot putt when showing @Hardspoon that the proper line probably had 20' of break. That was pretty good.

• Like 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets