IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Easily, this:

40C110A6-CDA3-41AE-B925-48ED6DC5D1CA.jpeg

Hit a great drive to set this up, 275 right down the middle of the fairway. Then I hit my 4w to 12’. Started right at the middle of the green and drew five yards at most. Missed the eagle putt, but I’m never going to complain about a tap-in birdie.

Might be the best fairway wood shot I’ve ever hit.

• Thumbs Up 3

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Hit my best shot on the last approach of the round to make an unlikely par from where my tee shot landed  

Off the tee I hit a slightly chunky, toed 4-iron that only traveled 135 yards and ended in the left rough, decent lie but on an upslope just enough to make stance/balance uncomfortable. Looking back on the round on ShotScope, and considering my current shot zones, I should have teed off with hybrid. I had about 235 yards, slight uphill shot to center of green, but it was setup with a front pin.

I flushed a hybrid that landed a few yards short and trundled onto the front of green. Almost made what would have been a very unlikely birdie, but walking off with par was quite a shot in the arm. 
9DB20EBA-4613-4814-A28F-3935A001E162.thumb.png.d2ba532be55c001ebf1986cb8de68269.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

For me, this is going to be more like best hole this week. The hole in question is the par-5 third at Croasdaile, which is 550 yards from the blues.

I pulled my drive way left of the fairway, almost OB. I told my partner that I was going to hit a punch draw with a 7 iron, and I pulled it off. I was still 180 out and in the rough though, and with one of our opponents in good position to make birdie, and the fact that we were already down one, I needed par (I would get a stroke here).

I pulled a hybrid and nuked it. It finished 15 feet past the hole, and I two putted for par and we ended up tying the hole.

Edited by dagolfer18

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Nothing super crazy, but I did win a closest to the pin trophy in an outing Sunday. 165 yards to about 10 feet. Surprised nobody beat it.

• Thumbs Up 1
Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Sugar Hill Golf Club - Hole 13 - Par 5 - Playing only 440 yards today.

Hit my drive shorter than I hoped, a little fadey and high into the wind, but it still was okay.  Had about 230 yards off of an upslope so I hit my 16 degree 3 wood.  Hit it pure, and it never left the flag.  First time hitting this green in two, and two putted for birdie.

On in Two.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

This is it... a 270 drive.  Everything else was a hot mess, except for the blind 6 iron from near the 10th green to the first green.

IMG_8680.jpg

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

I had not played my "Home" course since April so today it was nice to be there.  The 5th hole is sort of a rollercoaster par 4.  Elevated tee, down a hill and back up and then down again and then back up to the green.  Landing spot #1 is 150-180 yards away from the green.  At 150 one has a downhill lie but not too bad.  The further back one lays up, the more flat the lie.  Or one can bust a drive and go to the bottom and have a wedge and somewhat blind second shot.  I tried the second choice and got caught at around 140 yards with a fairly decent downhill lie.  As I stood over the ball, I thought, "I wonder what the loft is of an 8 iron? Considering, the downhill nature of the shot, what is the effective loft?"

I expectd a low shot. I figured I was going to need to run it up.  I hit it solidly but almost a line drive.  The ball bounced in front and rolled past the hole by about 4 feet.  Close enough to make it, which I did.

Brian Kuehn

My approach shot on a par 4 ended up against a fence that is a boundary. I had to take an unplayable and took a drop that was about 30 yards from the pin. Pitched it in for an unlikely par. 

Bill M

Over the past week, I've played three rounds.  The most recent 47 holes have been "GIRP"s (Broadie's term), wherein I had putter in hand for my par attempt.  That's a pretty good streak.  

I had two good shots on Saturday, playing Balboa.  At the 419 yard par-4 sixth hole, I hit my second shot quite poorly and had 60-some yards, from the rough, to the pin (center of green).  I had to go over a bunker, so I opted for hitting a 54 degree shot -- I figured in good clean conditions, I hit this thing about 70 yards, so I'd likely get at least 60 yards from the rough to an elevated green, and I had some green between the pin and sand anyway, and plenty behind it.  I figured it would safely put on me on the green and a chance to two-putt.  I ended up with a tap-in par. :-) 

The other club selection I was debating was half PW, which in good conditions goes about 65.  

The next hole, a 374-yard par-4, I hit a poor tee shot (I was lined up poorly, ugh) and didn't even have a convenient "chip back to the fairway" option.  I did have an opening, though, to hit a punch 3-hybrid that, if it went straight was fine, and if it faded, would be on the green.  I hit it and it faded, and I had quite a long birdie putt ... which I two-putted.  Anyway, hitting the green with a 3H is a darn good shot anyway, even from a tee in calm conditions.

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

18th hole 340 yds.  The fairway narrows right when your fade or draw reaches its max. There's a hill there, too. The best place to be is at the crest of the hill or 50 yds. past that where the ground levels out again. My best score on this hole has been a bogey. So I hit a 5W off the tee dead straight down the center. It came to rest on the crest .. and I'm a poet and don't know it.  

165 yds to the flag. Nice 7i and let it run up. I hit this shot dead straight and it came to rest 10 feet from the flag. I've got a chance at a birdie. 

I read the green. I had the line. Do you think I got the birdie. Of course not. I choked and only putted it 4 feet. Then missed the 6 footer and tapped in for bogey. I reputted the 10 footer afterward and holed it. Of course. 

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

My round on Thursday, I was hitting it poorly during the round (these things happen).  For contrast, SG:A barely broke the 15 hcp marker, when I'm usually under the 10 marker.  I even lost my GIRP streak.

On the 18th, the #2 handicap hole, I drove my tee shot into a fairway bunker.  I hit a great hybrid out... except I hit a tree and it came down.  I had 100 yards to a back pin on a narrow green, with a tree overhanging and two bunkers in my way.  I hit a punch shot with a 5-iron that held the green (well... rolled onto and stayed on the green, it didn't land and hold).  I then sank a ~30 foot putt.   Now I'm ready for another 18! 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

This monster 4i I hit off the tee:

4CE3C104-39EA-42CC-8AD9-0E422A0A3A20.png

I’m kidding - it hit a cart path. I did pure it, but no way it was going to be 270 😃

No, best shot of the week was my second on 17:

A3DBE7AD-3E78-49F1-9A5E-DFBB58F0AA45.png

Hit a weak push slice off the tee and had no line of sight to the green with two groups of trees to hit over. Ended up on the green about 25’ from the hole.

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

43 minutes ago, billchao said:

No, best shot of the week was my second on 17:

Hit a weak push slice off the tee and had no line of sight to the green with two groups of trees to hit over. Ended up on the green about 25’ from the hole.

Sounds like a page right out of TW’s playbook. Wayward drive followed by miraculous recovery

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

39 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

Sounds like a page right out of TW’s playbook. Wayward drive followed by miraculous recovery

Nope. That’s the @billchao birdie method! 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 hours ago, billchao said:

That's a great shot.  From 200 yards out in the fairway (presumably, the chart in ESC with this data uses this phrase to mean their own fairway), pros average over three strokes to complete the hole.    Nicely done!

-- Michael | My swing! 

59 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Nope. That’s the @billchao birdie method! 

Hitting the fairway on the hole you’re playing is overrated 😜

• Funny 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

We were playing a 4 man modified best ball (i,e, count 2 best net hole 1, count 3 best net hole 2, etc..)I badly missed an iron shot on a par 3.  No problem.  I hit a little sand wedge 20 yards to the green, it landed softly and rolled into the hole.  The team was quite happy about that turn of event.

Brian Kuehn

Playing Tobacco Road with @iacas, I ended up in one of the “death pits” short of the 11th green, about 30’ down and with no view of anything other than a wall of sand.  I hit it up to about 12’.

33CBB0E0-18E8-43E6-832E-C4E618C1870C.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2

- John