IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

@sjduffers recently made a hole-in-one. Here is how he described it:

I won't top this one this week: hole in one from 176 yards, uphill, into the wind with a 5 wood. High tight draw, one bounce and released right to left towards the hole, as planned. I thought it was pretty close, but alas I didn't see it go in from the tee. Walking up there, nothing but my partners' balls... so I looked in the hole, and sure enough, there was my Vice ball! 

Now all I need to do is have him personally brag about it.  You know the French, they can be insufferable. 😉

Edited by bkuehn1952
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 1

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, bkuehn1952 said:

Now all I need to do is have him personally brag about it. 

I already did, @bkuehn1952, in the birdie challenge thread. But thanks for the mention. :beer:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

My wife and I played yesterday in the STL Womens District Mixed Event, - a couples event at Bellerive Country Club.
Let me first say, it's been a couple of years since my last visit to BCC. I was surprize at how much the surroundings have been detailed at the course. Many areas which used to grown over with tall plant growth which prevented seeing areas of the course had been cleared and manicured and landscaped beautifully. The entire grounds of the course is remarkable with gentle hills and tree lined fairways.
And the greens which have always been incredible, fast, severely sloped and huge provided a great entertainment of putts.

For starters, my wife hits a great shot on the longest par three which hits dead on and one hop hits the flagstick at ground level. But she was denied an Ace which would have been her first. 🙂
The other couple on or team, this woman was ROCK Solid with the putter all day long making evry putt inside 6 feet. I told her I've seen Men who buckle at the knees on several of the putts she made LOL

I had a remarkable day on the Par 3's.  I absoluty flagged ever shot but only could make One Bird while being inside 15 feet on all of them. 
But my best shot was from the back greenside bunker on the 9th hole.
Being shortsided and the green sloping away from the bunker, I play the shot 12 feet to the right of the hole on the high side of the green.
It lands on the green and had enough spin to begin it's slow roll and possibly entering the side door only to come to rest a half inch above the hole dead centered 😞
The best part of the day was golfing with the other couple who were great fun and possibly become future golf friends. 🙂

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

My tee shot on the 6th hole was just about perfect. It was a good shot regardless, but it happened to land on a downslope of some fairway contouring for drainage which added another 20-30 yards. I was in a nice spot to pitch onto the green and have a birdie chance, but overcooked the short game shot.

image.thumb.png.f1d92cd4e9856638ceb49c1e4f733f91.png

-Peter

• :cobra: King RADSPEED
  • :pxg: GEN4 0341XF, Fairway
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

My best shot of the week was during my range session yesterday. I was using my 5-iron for the first time in over six years. Struggled a bit with it over the first couple balls, but on my last ball with that club I hit it about as pure as I can possibly hit a shot given my current swing. Definitely a 99.9 percentile outcome for me. No curve, dead straight where I was aiming and likely max distance as well (for me). Felt amazing and effortless.

I think my swing thought before hitting it was just to swing soft and smooth and swing my arms through the ball. Currently I'm juggling several priorities while developing my swing on the range, but for this ball in particular I just tried to imagine I was on the course.

• Thumbs Up 1

Constantine

Level ground. Mild cross wind. Carried a hazard off the tee today that was a 276 yard carry. Ball was another 18 yards up the fairway.  Not much to talk about for some of you, but I'll be 63 next month.... That was one of my best drives all year. And I  put the TSI 2 in the bag because it hadn't been getting much love lately, sitting at home feeling neglected. Lol

Shanked my lay up on my Par 5 #4 hole into a biking group heading down the street. They scattered like ants. I absolutely love this game.

• Funny 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

29 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Shanked my lay up on my Par 5 #4 hole into a biking group heading down the street. They scattered like ants. I absolutely love this game.

The rule is... never pedal left of Vinsk.  Didn't those bikers get the memo?

You pick it: 

9th hole: 45 yd LW to 4' that set up the birdie putt.

OR

18th hole: after one of my worst drives of the day, 180 yds out. My good sense was telling me to hit a 7i to lay up and pitch on for an up and down or at worst a bogey. My bad sense was telling me "no layups." I'd bought that 7W just for this type of shot. It was a sidehill lie above my feet though, so I had to aim it at the Chevy Pickup in the parking lot and hope it hooked back over the bunker and landed on the green. I played the ball a little more centered to make sure I hit it on the in to out. I hit it. It went out and then it started hooking. I thought, "it's gonna land in the bunker," but it cleared, landed on the green and checked ending up short of the hole but in the center of the long green. Waddashot. Now I had a 45 foot putt for birdie. I checked the slope and break. It was straight and uphill. Just get it close. It finished about 2 feet long and 3 feet from the hole. From that distance, not bad. Putt in for par. Sometimes you have to go for it. 

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart