IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Had my first Eagle of the season today on a par 5.

Was only 30 yards out after a good drive and 3 wood approach.

Pin was tucked on down slope, right side. Hit a crisp sand wedge dead on, one hop, checked then rolled out breaking right into the hole....

Holed out the sand wedge earlier the spring from 80 yards on the same green for bird after a bad tee shot into the woods.

It was a one hop slam dunked while playing with the wife.

There were guys on the ninth tee and the club starter driving up nine fairway who saw the shot hole out.

After the round they bought me a brewski and had some good chuckles when I told them it was only a bird....

Club Rat

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Birdied the 265 yd. par 4 for the second time in two weeks below are the three shots it took me to sink my ball into the cup

Today I had a hole of the week. Par 5 16th, 530 yard slight dog leg right. I decided to go big or go home at this point and was glad I did. I couldn't hit it any better, 320 dead straight over the corner tree line. I was in between clubs on my 2nd and was feeling pretty pumped so I decided to hit a 4 instead of 3 iron. I flushed it onto the front of the green 15 feet from the pin. Since I couldn't make a putt to save my life I missed the eagle putt lol

Eric

In the Bag:

Driver - Cobra Bio Cell+ 9.5°

3 Wood - Titleist 980F 15°

5 Wood - Cobra Speed LD F 17°

Irons - Taylormade TP MC 3-PW

Wedges - 50°/56° Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0

Putter - Odyssey Versa #1 

Was about 215 out in the right rough after my drive on a par 5. Hit my 4H (which usually only goes 180-190) with the intention of clearing a huge fairway bunker and pitching on. I hit what feels like a solid shot with a slight draw but the green was blind from where I was hitting so I didn't see it land. As I'm walking up I don't see my ball in the fairway or rough. Low and behold, I see the sucker on the edge of the green. THIS WAS MY FIRST PAR 5 HIT IN TWO!!! I'm not a long hitter, but according to my GPS app I hit my 23* 4H 213 yds with almost no wind and a slight downhill path to the green. HOW THE HELL DID I DO THAT?

2 putted for a birdie....I had also never birdied a par 5 before. I can't wait until school gets out and I can actually play more than once every 2 weeks.

• Upvote 1

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10*

Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 17* 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 20*

Irons: Callaway Rogue X 5i-GW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*S and 58*K

Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4

My first drive of the year at our golf team practice, I hit my ball off the tee to around 165 from the green on the first practice hole, a par 5. Didn't quite reach the green on the second shot...and walked off the green with a 12. Yesterday my best drive was on the 6th hole of the South Course where I reached the dogleg corner. Had a better result there with a bogey.

Not just one shot, but a combination of shots.

I played 3 par 5's and 4 par 3's today.  I had 7 pars with 11 putts.  All three up and down chips were only a pace or two off of the green. (Don't ask about the par 4's.)

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Downhill 15 footer with about two feet of break on an aerated green for par.  Center of the cup.  It was better than the fifteen footer for birdie on one.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Tough choice.

The 300 yard drive on the par 5 #2 at Beavercreek, when I felt like all the pieces lined up correctly and it was just an easy effortless strike.

Or

The 75 yard distance wedge to 10 feet when I struggled a lot with distance wedge contact the previous month.

I am going to say it is a tie! :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I bladed a GW over the green on #16 and ended up 25 yards away from the pin with a 45 degree down slope on the side of a hill.   I took my lob wedge, imagined the follow thru as scraping the ground after contact and pitched it to less than 2 feet to save par.

—Adam

Lots of shots this last week.  A competing with a 300 driver shot to a par 4 green even....

But I'm pretty happy with a beautiful drawing 3 wood shot on a 520 yard Par 5 (dog leg left).  Had a great drive about 270.  Scoped the 2nd shot to 250 and pulled 3w and aimed to the right edge of the green to avoid the pond.  Figuring I'd have a short pitch from short/right.

Darn thing started to draw just a little and that was nerve wrecking.  But it felt perfect, sounded amazing, and the flight started right on my intended line and the draw looked bigger than it turned out.

Seriously just off the edge with a 15 foot chip shot remaining (not puttable, but within a foot of the apron).  If that had just another yard carry.......the pin was friendly (short right, and right in line with the finish)

Just because, here's the Par 4 at 300 yards (down wind, down hill, not much shaping of that shot at all, just on line for once)  ((it was a fun weekend - game has been crap, and the last 3/4 rounds I'm seeing new life finally)

Bill - 

Well, my shot is actually sort of illegal, but I'll tell it anyway.

Slow players and some bad shots had me in a full blown rage by the time I hit the green on #13 on the Hawk (Kittyhawk GC, Dayton OH). I'd skulled my tee shot and hit to the wrong side of the green with a poor PW. I guess I was 40 feet from the hole and didn't bother taking the pin out. Expected nothing, I rapped the putt toward the hole. It tracked, hit the stick and tucked in for a par. Hard to say if it would have held the hole had I pulled it.

375 yard par 4, with a lateral water hazard partially on the right, a tree line down the left, and a creek crossing in front of the green. the bombers can carry their drive past the water hazard on the right if they happen to push or fade it a little, but that shot isn't in my bag so I tend to overplay my drive a little to the left, even though there is a very generous fairway. I was trying to hit a fade off the tree line yesterday but I double crossed myself and hit it way left, hitting the cart path and bouncing down pretty far. I ended up 90 yards from a front pin, but I had a couple of trees between me and the green. When I first got there my only option appeared to be to chip out short of the creek but I was on the cart path and, after I took my drop, I noticed a little gap between the trees where I could possibly hit my gap wedge, carry the trees and still get to the green. Any mishit would leave me in the trees or even knock the ball into the creek but I pured it nice and high and it dropped down ten feet behind the pin. I missed the putt for birdie but that shot was fun to pull off.

Bill M

375 yard par 4, with a lateral water hazard partially on the right, a tree line down the left, and a creek crossing in front of the green. the bombers can carry their drive past the water hazard on the right if they happen to push or fade it a little, but that shot isn't in my bag so I tend to overplay my drive a little to the left, even though there is a very generous fairway. I was trying to hit a fade off the tree line yesterday but I double crossed myself and hit it way left, hitting the cart path and bouncing down pretty far. I ended up 90 yards from a front pin, but I had a couple of trees between me and the green. When I first got there my only option appeared to be to chip out short of the creek but I was on the cart path and, after I took my drop, I noticed a little gap between the trees where I could possibly hit my gap wedge, carry the trees and still get to the green. Any mishit would leave me in the trees or even knock the ball into the creek but I pured it nice and high and it dropped down ten feet behind the pin. I missed the putt for birdie but that shot was fun to pull off.

Whenever I make great shots like that, which isn't often enough, it gives me something to replay in my head when my head hits the pillow at night. It makes for sweet dreams

Was playing a match with a friend a couple of days ago and ended up about twenty yards short of our par 4 SI 1 in two having had a very toe-y contact with a 7 iron. He was in a similar place - really bumpy green with a couple of tiers and there was a little mound in front of me. We were both chatting away about the shot on the walk up and talked about the best way to play them - definitely putt it. But even with the tight lie, I had that mound and didn't fancy the break - not massive, but enough to put you off chipping or hitting the hybrid putt. Knowing that the mound was there, I paced it up to the green, worked out I had 25 yards to land it on and it'd probably check. Off the tightest of lies, hit the thing perfectly, it landed on a sixpence, took one hop and stopped 4 inches away. All the better because I knew it wasn't the percentage play at all - in stroke-play I'd never have hit it. Won the hole with that as well after his putt lipped out :-)

(Shame about much of the rest of the round - easy victory for him...)

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Almost aced the ninth hole tonight. Playing from the back tees I hit a 205 yard 4-iron to 5 feet to a narrow green over a lake. Had a foursome finishing up behind the hole watching and the group behind me pulling up to the green. Flushed it and it was just the most beautiful swing in a while. In five years I've probably been that far from the hole in 1 maybe 3 times. And thankfully the greens are soft, it could have released 3 feet but stuck within 2 feet of the ball mark.

—Adam

Play in a Wednesday 9 hole skin matches, usually about 20 guys a night. Haven't sunk a putt over 5 feet until last week, 2 birdies on 2 consecutive holes, can't remember which eye I closed to make the putts.

Holed out with a sand wedge from 95 yards. Split fairway with a narrow fairway on the right that could allow you to drive the green (it's a par 4) or take the easier shot but then have a mid to short iron over water. I went with the "drive the green option" (thanks LSW) and had 95 to the pin. One hop five feet away and it went in for eagle on the first hop.
  • Upvote 1

—Adam

They had the blue tee-blocks set way back on the par three 9th which made it about a 190-195 yds to the green with the pin set at the back of the green and to the right. I set up on the tee box and using my Adams 3 Super S fairway wood. Rather than be overly bold, I simply aimed for the the center of the green. I made good contact with my white MaxiFli Revolution ball which floated out straight as an arrow at first, and then it developed a slight fade to the right, landed on the green about 30 feet short of the flag stick, the ball then rolled right at the flag stick, so I'm thinking, OMG, I'm gonna ace this hole, but the ball only lipped the left side of the cup and continued rolling until it stopped about a foot onto the back fringe which left me about 25 feet to the cup. I took my 7 iron which I used in a putting stance and was able to get the ball within 18 inches of the cup. I then putted for a par. I left the hole satisfied