IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

• Administrator

A chipped 8-iron to "Tiny Tim," a short, semi-famous, downhill par three at the Bedford Springs resort.

I don't often fly at pins (and the wind died or it would have pushed it to the center of the green more so), but my feel and touch was dead on for this one.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1218899?hole_id=27980631

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Finally birdied the long, 515 yd 7th hole on my local. Even sweeter was sinking the 30 foot putt. Alone, of course, but did a small happy dance.

After slicing my drive near a water hazard with some trees, I had to layup to another water hazard in front of the green complex. I hit a perfect knockdown about 175 yds with my 5 hybrid under the trees leaving a short wedge shot over the hazard. I ended up with a par.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

124 yards to the green. I had no sight of the green because I was tight up against large bush which was to my right. The green was at a forty five degree angle to my right. All I could do was to loft the ball very quickly and put a lot of fade on it. I ensured the ball was towards my left foot, and put my right foot forward of my left foot. I took out my 7 iron, because I knew that whilst a higher lofted club would give me greater height more quickly, it wouldn't give me the distance. It all came to together beautifully and the ball ended up 10ft from the pin. Unfortunately the rest of the round was dreadful !! 

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

Yesterday while golfing with my most favorite golf buddy (he likes to contributes to my retirement fund often)
we had a three hole carryover on the line. So we head back to #1 for the playoff.
He blasted his tee ball OB and all I need to do is make Par (we play par or better to win)
I tug my approach into the left greenside bunker. He walks up and hands me $35 and declares (you'll never save Par from the bunker)
I replied "never, really"

Granted the odds were in his favor with a 70 ft. bunker shot to a pin across the green which the ball runs away and typically rolls out beyond the hole.

I blast the shot which carries just short of the pin which then checks and rolls through the hole (damn near caught the hole)
leaving me an 8 footer come back. Typically an 8 footer is a good tester, but playing on greens which were recently punched,
hip-pity hop it goes and catches the left rim and drops.

I come back at him with the remark "that will be another $20, sir" :-)

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Finally made birdie on the 14th hole at my club.  Usually, I find myself in the right rough on this hole because of the tree on the corner of the left side.  I can never seem to start the ball on the correct line and wind up through the fairway.  Today, though, I hit the perfect draw that started on the perfect line.  The ball found the fairway and a flat lie and left me a pitching wedge up the slope and into a breeze.  I landed the ball about 10 feet left of the hole and it caught the slope and fed the ball to the hole.  I finished up about 2 feet away and made the putt for birdie.  

The rest of the round was pretty ugly, but... that one felt nice to get!

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/cyoung2ty/round/1234255?hole_id=28183584

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Birdied the 8th with a chip in. Very nice shot that was not lucky, but lots of hard-workie :-)

- adam -

Routine: work, eat, golf, sleep, repeat

Clubs: (All Used TaylorMade) Burner Superfast Driver, JetSpeed 3&5 FW, Rescue Hybrid, Burner 2.0 Irons 5-AW, ATV Wedge 56*, White Ghost blade putter

Par 3 - 4th hole at Springfield playing 167 yds

Actually went into cup and came out, you could see the ball dip and then come up.  Closest I've been to Hole-in-One in a while.Hole_4.JPG

• Upvote 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Last week I had two birdies in one round, which is good for me. First was a 20 foot putt from just off the green. Second was a great approach shot with an 8 iron to five feet.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 10/21/2016 at 11:13 PM, iacas said:

A chipped 8-iron to "Tiny Tim," a short, semi-famous, downhill par three at the Bedford Springs resort.

I don't often fly at pins (and the wind died or it would have pushed it to the center of the green more so), but my feel and touch was dead on for this one.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1218899?hole_id=27980631

Bedford Springs, great course.  Played it several times, I do like Donald Ross courses.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

6th at my local club today. A par 5. To much fade from the tee shot meant I had to use the fairway to my right. 2nd shot was a cracker with my hybrid. I had 180 yards left with trees between me and the green. Got the 5 wood out, and put the ball over the trees, on the fairway about 20ft from the green and 40ft from the pin. A long putt and and there was a birdie. 

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

I had a number of really good shots today (and then an equal number of really poor shots).  The best of the bunch would have to be on the 8th hole.  

The #2 handicap hole on the course.  Looking at it, it's a fairly benign hole.  No real trouble until you're up by the green.  I hit a good drive up the right side of the fairway and was left with 136 to the hole.  The breeze was not strong, but it was definitely a factor.  I couldn't get a 9 iron there, so I choked down slightly on an 8 iron and hit a shot to within 5 feet.  I made that putt for my only birdie of the day.

CY

Career Bests

I have had two good shots on the same hole. I honestly have been playing very well lately and have amazed myself with great shots only to be brought back down to earth with my putting.

I am going to settle with this shot after a not so great drive. It was very cold yesterday, playing in 40 degree weather and I had a stiff swing at times. This drive got me crossed up and left in the middle of the parallel fairway on the right. I was 162 to the flag of the number 2 rated hole's elevated green except I had trees guarding the fairway. I chose a 7 iron and cleared the trees by a foot or two landing about 3 feet to the right of the hole stopping the ball at about 15 feet from the hole to set up a great par.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I'm not sure if this qualifies as "best shot" or "worst shot."    I was about 160 yards from the green on a par 4.  I yanked it hard left and the ball hit a tree about 100 yards away and about 60 yards from the green.   The ball stopped about 6 feet behind the pin and I sunk the putt for birdie.    

• Administrator

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1241076?hole_id=28274483

I won't list any one shot from that round because all three were pretty perfect…

Screen Shot 2016-11-01 at 8.12.26 PM 50%.png

I hit a 3W over the left corner to the left-center of the fairway. 260 yards but it was a bit downwind. I could have drawn it around the corner, but that wasn't working, so I hit it high.

I had 105 to the pin but it's really close to the front left of the green and the green has a BIG false front. The wind was hard out of the right so I tried to hit it just long and at the flag so it would blow a little right.

It came off perfectly. Held the line better than I thought so it wasn't even that far right.

The putt broke about three feet, from about 10-12 feet away. It dripped in.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Eagle on our Par 5 14th hole today, 489 Yds

Driver to 217 from middle pin, 4 hybrid to 5 feet, straight up the hill right to left putt.  Believe it was the first eagle on 14 this year.  :beer:

Kirkland ball rocks!!!!

-Jerry

I had 3 really nice shots last weekend.

Two were Sandies.  1st was out of the bunker and stopped about 18' away.  Drained that for par.

2nd was out of the bunker, spun back to 4", almost went in.  Tap it in for par.

3rd was a long 3 iron that almost made the green on an adjusted hole due to the water in the fairway.  The others all messed up their woods on the hole and I striped a 3i to about 5' off the green.  Came up short on the put, another tap in par.

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

Nothing magical or anything, but... I was really happy with the way I drove the ball yesterday.  No bombs, just consistent shots.  Most were between 230 and 250 yards.  The best drive of the day, for me, was on the 11th hole.  From the tee, it looked pretty intimidating.  A pond to the right of the hole that runs all the way up to the green and a stream down the entire left side of the hole.  I hit a practically perfect tee shot that started up the right side and drew in a tiny bit to the center of the fairway.  

I didn't necessarily take advantage of the drive, leaving a 9 iron 30+ feet short of the hole, but I still managed par, so... the drive wasn't wasted.  

On a day filled with a number of solid shots and only a handful of poor (for me) swings... that one stood out as the most satisfying.

CY

Screenshot 2016-11-03 at 1.37.40 PM.png

Career Bests