IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

1 hour ago, billchao said:

It was 23°F on the first tee yesterday… so needless to say the game was kind of silly. I almost drove the green on a 340 yard par 4.

Best shot by far though was my second on the par 3 16th. Hit the green off the tee and watched the ball bounce hard through it and almost over the boundary fence. It ended up sitting a foot and a half away from the fence and about 80’ from the hole. I gripped down on my GW well into the shaft and just brought the clubhead straight up and chopped down on the ball. It rolled out to about 4’ from the hole and I saved par.

Nice shot, brother. 

Did you play alone, or were there other crazies willing to be out there in that chilly temperature? It seems I can rarely find a hardy enough golf partner for days like those. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Nice shot, brother. 

Did you play alone, or were there other crazies willing to be out there in that chilly temperature? It seems I can rarely find a hardy enough golf partner for days like those. 

I started playing regularly with a couple of guys I met on the course. If it wasn’t for them I wouldn’t have been playing.

There were a fair amount of crazies out there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

#11 Par 4 I hit a bit of a pop fly drive and didn’t get the draw I wanted. Put me under a tree with ground sloping back towards the fairway. Ball was about a foot above my feet approx 188yds to the flag, clean strike with a 4H …there’s a valley so couldn’t see it finish but knew it’d be good. Got down there and see it 18” from the hole! Tap in birdies are such a great feeling!IMG_5221.thumb.jpeg.733bfdd9dba6d4fb71b7dee38473d864.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

#11 Par 4 I hit a bit of a pop fly drive and didn’t get the draw I wanted. Put me under a tree with ground sloping back towards the fairway. Ball was about a foot above my feet approx 188yds to the flag, clean strike with a 4H …there’s a valley so couldn’t see it finish but knew it’d be good. Got down there and see it 18” from the hole! Tap in birdies are such a great feeling!IMG_5221.thumb.jpeg.733bfdd9dba6d4fb71b7dee38473d864.jpeg

Nice! Looks like Celebration.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

1 hour ago, snapfade said:

Nice! Looks like Celebration.

Yep, sure is!

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

10 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Tap in birdies are such a great feeling!

stripes-bill-murray.gif.0e56d73ec46c3b130648da7f02d97008.gif

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2024 at 11:20 AM, billchao said:

It was 23°F on the first tee yesterday… . I gripped down on my GW well into the shaft and just brought the clubhead straight up and chopped down on the ball. It rolled out to about 4’ from the hole and I saved par.

Congratulations for the first 2024 post in this thread. Impressive that it was done well north of the Mason Dixon line.  😉

Brian Kuehn

1 hour ago, bkuehn1952 said:

Congratulations for the first 2024 post in this thread. Impressive that it was done well north of the Mason Dixon line.  😉

Apparently the cure for winter depression is simply to play golf 😃

• Funny 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

On 1/7/2024 at 11:20 AM, billchao said:

It was 23°F on the first tee yesterday… so needless to say the game was kind of silly. 

Damn bro.

Vishal S.

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

Damn bro.

I hit the first shot of the day onto the stream next to hole #1. Yes, you read that right 🤣

Bill

My Swing Thread

12 minutes ago, billchao said:

I hit the first shot of the day onto the stream next to hole #1. Yes, you read that right 🤣

Well, you have my respect. I'm inspired to go out and dink around a few holes this weekend. It's supposed to be 30 deg. in the morning on Saturday.

Vishal S.

30 yards to front left pin over a large bunker on 15th. Pin about 20 feet from bunker. Picked it clean from a tight lie for a low two-hop-stop spinner to tap in. Made my day.

And oh, @billchao, 29 degs. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Funny 1

Vishal S.

• 1 month later...

2024-03-03 Quail Brook #18.png

This approach was pretty good.

As a sidenote, this hole is 420 on the card but it almost never ends up being that long because there are two additional tee boxes behind where the blue tees are usually set up (the gold tees are the tips) and the yardage is measured from the second to last tee box. Factor in the front pin being 10 yards forward of center and it's a perfect example of why you can't use the scorecard and your approach distance to judge your driving distance.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bill

My Swing Thread

I've got a good one from this weekend:

ShotoftheWeek.thumb.png.d13baab5b9924ccc4a6799b54d3f6d8e.png

The spot where I dropped from is below the rest of the hole, so it a completely blind approach shot from 225 to 5 feet. Made a birdie with a penalty stroke, which I think is a first for me.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Had 2 from my most recent round.

235 to center of the green for my 2nd shot on a par 5, directly into a ~15-20mph wind. Easily playing 250+. Flag was tucked front left near water, no shot I was aiming near the flag.

Lined up with 3 wood aiming for the single bunker that's ~20yds short of the green and closed my stance a touch intending to hit a slight draw. 

Executed it perfectly and absolutely flushed the shot. It hit my exact start line with the exact amount of curve I wanted and landed on middle/right of the green and rolled through off the back.

Pitched to 6 inches for tap in birdie.

image.png

Driveable par 4, 275yds to the center, slightly up hill. Flew it onto the green and just trickled through to the back. Chipped to 6 feet and made the downhill slider for birdie. Hit my exact start line with maybe a yard or two of curve in the air.

image.png

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Par-3 third hole at 193 yards. Put my tee shot to 10 feet and then made the putt. The tee shot was the best swing of the week. As a bonus, I got another birdie for the Away Birdie Challenge.  Woo hoo!! 😀

• Thumbs Up 1

Brian Kuehn

• 3 weeks later...

So this was actually from last week, but I've been busy and I'm definitely not going to be making it out this week. I hit my drive on 18 into a fairway bunker, and those are tough for me. My home course only has greenside ones, so I just don't have much experience with them.

Anyways I get to the ball, check the yardage, and pull my 7 iron, and think to myself, "you're trying to pick the ball off the top, not splash it out." I swing away and make good contact. First thought was just "yay, I did it," then I watch the ball's flight and I watch as it lands on the green and stops on the back right of the green about 15 feet from the hole. I then hit a really nice putt that stopped a couple inches from the hole on the high side. Screenshot_20240323_003809_GolfPad.thumb.jpg.83bb12652c9c101ec020b3719ab0d3f6.jpg

• D1-SIM MAX D 9° Diamana pd 50 reg lofted down 1 click 
  • D2-SIM MAX D 10.5° project x riptide cb 50 reg lofted up 2 clicks
  • 5w- Radspeed motore f3 
  • 3H- Tour Edge Exotics e722 kbs hybrid stiff
  • 4-5h tour edge exotics ex9
  • 6-AW- Cleveland launcher xl Nippon Zelos 7
  • 56°-Cleveland CBX Zipcore
  • P-Odyssey eleven tour lined slant neck

• 4 weeks later...

24-04-14 BSotW.png

Hit my tee shot just into the penalty area and barely found it. Swung hard just in case I hit it.

It was slightly downhill with a heavy tailwind. I don't actually hit my 9i 170 yards.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bill

My Swing Thread