IGNORED

2017 Masters Tournament

iacas
Note: This thread is 2523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 hours ago, skydog said:

I'm pretty sure SVP just called William McGirt- "Mike" at the end of the Butler Cabin interview.

"Mike" is short for William...even I know that!   :-D

• Upvote 1

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, skydog said:

I'm pretty sure SVP just called William McGirt- "Mike" at the end of the Butler Cabin interview.

Well, to be fair, it's late in the day and his head is probably getting cold.

:-) 

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

9 hours ago, ScouseJohnny said:

Yes it is. I have high hopes for Hideki this weekend.

Tied in 54th place with Ian Woosnam at +4. I know it's early, but I'm guessing this isn't Hideki's year, after all.

You and a buddy ever go to the GC and find yourself with a tee time that follows the last group of a tournament up ahead. You can't go anywhere, on every hole just sit and wait to take your next shot. That must be what it was like for Watson & Walker today. Probably seemed excruciatingly long for them.

Why are caddies standing on the front right of 18 tee with flagstick in hand?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, DeadMan said:

He had a relatively easy 3rd shot and chunked it in the water.

That's not an easy shot. It's a downhill lie with a wedge… you're likely to chunk it, catch it high on the face, or put a bit more spin on it than normal. None of which help your touch to a relatively small target.

• Upvote 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

22 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I think it is so that no one tees off until the fairway is clear.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

20 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Today was the first time I noticed that too.  

Its a huge, blind, downhill drive.  Maybe to provide some kind of visible signal between those on the tee box and those down in the landing area?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

That's not an easy shot. It's a downhill lie with a wedge… you're likely to chunk it, catch it high on the face, or put a bit more spin on it than normal. None of which help your touch to a relatively small target.

And until you actually see the hole in person, you don't really see on TV how small of a target they have to hit it on the green.  Even though I only got to see a few of the holes because of the crappy weather, I think I have a new appreciation for how hard it is to hit some of these greens.  Plus the elevation changes are not appreciated either.  Amazing course.

• Upvote 2

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

• Administrator
1 minute ago, David in FL said:

Today was the first time I noticed that too.  

Its a huge, blind, downhill drive.  Maybe to provide some kind of visible signal between those on the tee box and those down in the landing area?

18 is an uphill tee shot.

Elevation at the the tee is about 250 feet, in the fairway about 280, and at the green about 300.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just now, jsgolfer said:

And until you actually see the hole in person, you don't really see on TV how small of a target they have to hit it on the green.  Even though I only got to see a few of the holes because of the crappy weather, I think I have a new appreciation for how hard it is to hit some of these greens.  Plus the elevation changes are not appreciated either.  Amazing course.

Truth. The walk from the 18 fairway to the 18 green will get you huffing and puffing.

- Shane

Just now, CarlSpackler said:

Truth. The walk from the 18 fairway to the 18 green will get you huffing and puffing.

Or from 12 tee/11 green all the way up to 10th tee.  Holy crap were my legs dying by the time I made it to the top.

-Jerry

1 minute ago, jsgolfer said:

Or from 12 tee/11 green all the way up to 10th tee.  Holy crap were my legs dying by the time I made it to the top.

I know. The TV does not accurately convey that place. Someday I will be back.

- Shane

9 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

I know. The TV does not accurately convey that place. Someday I will be back.

Same with the 2nd shot to 18, not only is it straight uphill, the green is really smaller than it looks on tv.

-Jerry

Just now, jsgolfer said:

Same with the 2nd shot to 18, not only is it straight uphill, the green is really smaller than it looks on tv.

Yes. It looks huge, but it's a tiny little thing.

- Shane

1 minute ago, CarlSpackler said:

Yes. It looks huge, but it's a tiny little thing.

I got to take a few pictures before they kicked us out, as soon as I get to my computer, I'll download the pictures and post a few.  So I actually have DJ hitting his last shot of the tournament.  A 6 iron from the pine straw on 13, which he hit onto the green.

-Jerry

Note: This thread is 2523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!