IGNORED

2017 Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill

JetFan1983
Note: This thread is 2592 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Here's hoping for a great week at Bay Hill. It looks like they got a great field despite some top pros skipping the event. It must be a really nice atmosphere today during the Pro-Am despite Arnie's absence reverberating throughout the grounds.

arnie.PNG

Yardage: 7419

Par: 72

Defending Champion: Jason Day (17-under)

Course Record: 62 (Greg Norman, Andy Bean, Adam Scott)

Most Victories: Tiger Woods (8)

For more pictures from Bay Hill:

Spoiler

• Upvote 2

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The tournament sent letters to apparel companies with embroidery artwork and letters of authorization for them to use the Palmer Umbrella on the gear for this week.

And Billy Horschel has a photo of how he is marking his ball this week

palmer ball.JPG

Palmer hat.JPG

palmerbag.JPG

Players play, tough players win!

• Administrator

This is kinda cool:

In honor of the late tournament host, the winner of this week's 39th edition of the $8.7 million invitational will be presented a with a red alpaca cardigan sweater similar to one Palmer often wore instead of the traditional navy blue blazer.

Nifty.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

13 hours ago, iacas said:

This is kinda cool:

Nifty.

Yes.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Yeah I like that. Looking forward to Saturday when I head out there.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
12 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Yeah I like that. Looking forward to Saturday when I head out there.

Bringing a camera? Warmer by then, yes? I am watching some coverage on tape delay here. Looks like it got a bit warmer in the afternoon.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, iacas said:

Bringing a camera? Warmer by then, yes? I am watching some coverage on tape delay here. Looks like it got a bit warmer in the afternoon.

Certainly am. And yes it warmed up a bit. Chilly for here, but nice overall. I'll definitely try and get some good pics to post here. Last year it was rainy and quite muddy all through the grounds. I guess memorabilia items are available online...but if you want something let me know.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/golf/2017/03/17/pga-golfer-casually-removes-alligator-bay-hill-course/

cody gribble is nuts 

To another mod: feel free to embed tweet. On phone here and gotta run

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Just now, RandallT said:

I saw that. Hope he doesn't become the next Chubbs!

Chubbs.jpg

• Upvote 3

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

8 minutes ago, RandallT said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/golf/2017/03/17/pga-golfer-casually-removes-alligator-bay-hill-course/

cody gribble is nuts 

Yeah saw that on Insta yesterday. Looked like Rory at first sight.. Not as crazy if you know what you are doing.

Vishal S.

I see that Matt Every is currently T13 (yeah, I know it is only Friday).
But Bay Hill must really fit his game - back-to-back wins in '14 & '15, and since then 44 events played with 2 top 25s and 34 cut/WD's. And those API wins are his only wins on tour.

11 hours ago, RandallT said:

cody gribble is nuts 

You have to remember that they are just as afraid of you as you are of them! Yeah, right!

30 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

You have to remember that they are just as afraid of you as you are of them! Yeah, right!

I can't fit its head in my mouth, though.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

8 hours ago, mvmac said:

Golf is hard.

And my fantasy team was Stenson'd once again (I keep thinking he's going to play a weekend soon)

Note: This thread is 2592 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!