IGNORED

Ian Poulter Watch

mvmac
Note: This thread is 2522 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Poulter Watch  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Will Ian Poulter earn enough $$$ to keep his card?

Poulter is a bit of an arse, but you have to respect him. He is not very talented (relative to other pros) but he has worked v v hard and made a success of it. He is a massive over-achiever.

2 minutes ago, weekend hacker1 said:

He is a massive over-achiever.

Are you talking about his attitude and/or ego?  :-D

In all seriousness, you comment has some merit.  He just rubs me (and many others) the wrong way.  I respect anyone who has put the work into making it on tour.  Poulter isn't the longest guy out there and has gotten a lot out of his ability...

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

22 minutes ago, NCGolfer said:

Are you talking about his attitude and/or ego?  :-D

In all seriousness, you comment has some merit.  He just rubs me (and many others) the wrong way.  I respect anyone who has put the work into making it on tour.  Poulter isn't the longest guy out there and has gotten a lot out of his ability...

I'm a Brit and don't like him. But you have to give credit where it's due and he has made a good career for himself-12 European Tour wins, 2 WGCs and Ryder Cup-on sheer effort. He should be no more than a journeyman.

11 hours ago, weekend hacker1 said:

Poulter is a bit of an arse, but you have to respect him. He is not very talented (relative to other pros) 

Please elaborate. On what do you base this opinion?

Seems to me that he is no less or more talented than 95% of the rest of the known pros.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

On 5/16/2017 at 2:14 AM, Shorty said:

Seems to me that he is no less or more talented than 95% of the rest of the known pros.

Agree. Anyone who has won on tour is vastly talented at golf.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 5/15/2017 at 2:20 PM, krupa said:

According to another article I looked at at lunch (lost the link now) Chamblee said that Poulter was blocked long before this weekend.

I think my point still stands; if you're going to criticize players from a broadcast booth, you need thick skin and the willingness to hear their response.

Especially when you don't criticize the third round leader who shot 84 and who is working with an instructor you're in business with. 

• Administrator

Both of them have blocked me. What do I win? :-)

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have been copying his knock kneed putting style and it works for me. Especially for chipping, keeps me from rocking around. I always liked him as a player. 

11 hours ago, iacas said:

Both of them have blocked me. What do I win? :-)

:dance: Respect!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I don't care for him as far has his attitude and behaviour in some situations go, but the's an entertaining part of golf, most prominent for his Ryder/Presidents Cup performances.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 2:14 AM, Shorty said:

Agreed.  There isn't a single player on the PGA Tour (even those who haven't won) that should ever be labeled as not having talent as it is crazy to say that about anyone whom is the top 1% in his/her craft in the world.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

• Administrator

gay-poulter.jpg

Ugh.

"Thank you … for discovering the PGA tours mistake."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Has he ever played a celebrity tournament with Rod Stewart as his partner? I'd tune in for that for a couple of minutes.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Note: This thread is 2522 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!