IGNORED

Orange Whip Swing Trainer

Note: This thread is 2482 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

12 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:

Kind of like the inventor of 1-up, then 2-up, then 3-up ... gave up at 6-up. He never knew how close he came :-D

I know you're kidding. But it's surprising there isn't a whole bunch of imitators. I know lots of people on here remember when the original frisbee and "super-ball" hit the market.

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

I bought an Orange Whip last fall, and it is a fundamental part of my training; I use it virtually every day.  I perform the drills from their videos, but also use it for strength & conditioning, performing sets of 20 (full swings, trying to maintain perfect form and balance).  Anything over 3-4 sets starts to feel like a real workout, and my strength gains have been quite noticeable.  It has certainly developed my golf muscle groups (as well as added flexibility), as I've gained good distance since starting w/it.  In addition to the tempo training, etc., that it promotes, it is also most certainly an outstanding warmup tool, stretching most of the main golf muscle groups to loosen you up.

I definitely cringed spending $100 on the purchase, but I think it has been worth it, and as long as it holds up (and it certainly seems high-quality/durable), then I'm a happy camper.

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I used the Orange Whip to to help rehab and "get back in the swing of things" after rotator cuff surgery.

Ping G30 SF TEC
Ping G25 3w
Ping G Red Dot +1/4" irons - 6,7,8,9,W,U,SW, LW
Ping G30 3H
Ping G25 4H
Ping Scottdale TR B60
Callaway Supersoft

I have the version made by Skillz (bought from Amazon when it was a lighting deal) and it is great to stretch with, find your plane, and tempo. I used to have a nasty slice with my driver and now I hit the fairway more than ever.

I bought one about two weeks ago after suffering through a couple very bad rounds. Noticed a difference immediately and it helped me fix a problem I was aware but couldn't get right just thinking about it. For it to be effective IMO it's best to use it exactly like OW recommends, including the goofy looking torso twists, and use it every day. I was shocked how different it made my body feel after just a few days. This past Sat was the best I've hit the ball in 1.5 years, my distance was back and the predictability of where the ball should go inspired confidence. The rain got me off the course 6 holes in but the difference in the quality of my shots was evident, was closer to the green on every par 4-5.

Dave :-)

I have one and agree that it's helpful. I use it as a warm-up aid and I also swing it in the backyard for practice. It helps me with tempo - I tend to get too quick at the top, and I can't do that with the OW. It also gives me a good workout in a short time.

I'm generally not a training aid user but I'm glad I got the OW. It just looked like it might work when I saw it, and it did.

Charles P.

:cobra: Fly-Z, Paderson shaft. :callaway: 15o XR, steelhead XR 6-PW. :adams: 16o fairway, 3 & 4 hybrids. :titleist: Vokey 48o, 52o, & 58o.  :odyssey:Toulon San Diego AR.

Doing nothing is better than being busy doing nothing.

Thanks all for the feedback. And still no detractors.Looks like I'm buying one.

On 5/8/2017 at 2:40 PM, Dave2512 said:

I bought one about two weeks ago after suffering through a couple very bad rounds. Noticed a difference immediately and it helped me fix a problem I was aware but couldn't get right just thinking about it. For it to be effective IMO it's best to use it exactly like OW recommends, including the goofy looking torso twists, and use it every day. I was shocked how different it made my body feel after just a few days. This past Sat was the best I've hit the ball in 1.5 years, my distance was back and the predictability of where the ball should go inspired confidence. The rain got me off the course 6 holes in but the difference in the quality of my shots was evident, was closer to the green on every par 4-5.

Here are the goofy drills

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:06 PM, gregsandiego said:

Here are the goofy drills

The helpers are an example of what not to do, the girl has crazy feet and big guy is doing a sway dance move.

Dave :-)

• Administrator
On 5/9/2017 at 11:06 PM, gregsandiego said:

I'm not sure I'm a "detractor" but I've never really seen the point.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 5/11/2017 at 1:15 PM, iacas said:

I'm not sure I'm a "detractor" but I've never really seen the point.

Well I just bought one. I'll let you know. I kind of like the feel. It feels like swinging a weighted club but with more of a built in tempo.

On 5/11/2017 at 9:51 AM, Dave2512 said:

The helpers are an example of what not to do, the girl has crazy feet and big guy is doing a sway dance move.

I heard they tried to get Freddy Couples but he was not available. :beer:

I work part time in the golf department of a big sporting goods store....we sell them. I mess around with it when it gets slow and I think they would help to get warmed up before a round. You can also tell pretty quickly when someone is "casting" with one of those things. You do get feedback from it.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Had a nasty bout of the hosel-rockets two Summers ago, and finally went to see a pro about it.  He immediately noticed it was all tension-based, so he broke out the orange whip and actually got me back on track in about 10 mins.  Ordered one for myself that evening as it definitely helps me "swing" the club rather than "guide" it.  

- Bill

It is a great warm up tool for those times when I show up 5 minutes before T time. Also it helps me extend my swing and tempo.  I  recommend it.

Driver G with Tour 65 shaft 10.5 neutral setting by :ping:
3W G30, #3 and #4 Hybrid, Irons 5 to GW G25 by :ping:
54 & 58 Glide Wedges and putter Cadence TR Anser 2  Traditional also by :ping:
Ball TriSpeed Tour by :srixon: Shoes M Project Wide by :footjoy:
Bag and Push cart by :sunmountain:

Picked one up and checked it out in a store the other day. First thing I noticed about it was how heavy it was. Reminded me of when I went out for the HS golf team, and the coach had a Driver with a solid steel head on it.

He advised us that we were NOT to hit drives with it! It was for warm up only.

Being as heavy as it is, I think the main benefit to it might be that it slows your transition from backswing to downswing. There's a whole lot of guys who could use that!

Note: This thread is 2482 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!