IGNORED

NFL 2017-2018

NCGolfer
Note: This thread is 2266 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

17 hours ago, b101 said:

This is why I don't normally do predictions!

Indeed. My picks went 2-2. Yes, that's why I don't bet real money on these things.

- Really shocking how the Chiefs offense fell apart after Travis Kelce left with the concussion. KC had the lead and only ran Hunt five times. Would have been really upset if I had something riding on that one.

- Maybe I just haven't seen much of the Falcons, but I clearly under-rated them and their defense especially Really wouldn't have guessed they'd hold the Rams to 13 points. That game against the Eagles might be the best one next weekend.

- Incredibly, I might have overestimated the Jacksonville offense. It was funny when Romo and Nantz whooped it up on the air after that field goal to end the first half put the first points on the board. That game with the Steelers looks like a real stinker.

- I feel a bit sheepish at shading Cam Newton. You could tell he was hurting in more ways than one and nearly pulled off the upset. Hopefully he didn't sustain too much damage, but the Panthers are getting the third degree with the possible concussion protocol violations.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Falcons will roll over the Eagles by at least 2 TDs without Wentz. 

As long as Pity sells out to stop the run they will win easily. 

Titans lose big in NE.

Saints sneak out of Minnesota with a W in the only close game this week.

6 hours ago, upndown21 said:

Saints sneak out of Minnesota with a W in the only close game this week.

Many that are into goofy stats already know that no team has ever played a Super Bowl in their home stadium.  There have been two Super Bowls where one team basically played in their hometown - the Rams in SB14 at the Rose Bowl and the Niners in SB19 at Stanford Stadium - but never in their home stadiums.

I was curious and looked it up and it appears that no team has ever even made it the conference championship game in the same year that they hosted the Super Bowl, so a Minnesota win here would be a first.  Just for the fun of that, I say, go Vikings!

Well that was just an amazing game. 

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, b101 said:

Well that was just an amazing game. 

You must’ve been watching something else.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

You must’ve been watching something else.

I enjoy being surprised. Didn't see the Jags doing anything like that on offense, or the Steelers allowing them to, or any of those ridiculous plays from Big Ben. 

Ok, probably not one for the purists (or Steelers fans), but going back to that YouGov poll that was going around the other day, I fail to see how anyone could call NFL boring to watch when it can produce games like that.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

43 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

The onside kick surprised me, both times they were bad..

The execution on both were quite bad.

Also, they had two fourth and inches in Jax territory they didn’t make because they tried a sweep and then a long pass.  Those were questionable calls.

Speaking as a Detroiter: welcome to the club.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

16 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

The execution on both were quite bad.

Also, they had two fourth and inches in Jax territory they didn’t make because they tried a sweep and then a long pass.  Those were questionable calls.

They did manage 42 points.   The problem, obviously, was that they couldn't stop the Jags' offense. 

I'm a Jag fan, and I have to admit, if you had told me the Steelers were going to score 42 points, I would have been absolutely sure the Jags were going to lose that game. 

19 minutes ago, Marty2019 said:

I'm a Jag fan, and I have to admit, if you had told me the Steelers were going to score 42 points, I would have been absolutely sure the Jags were going to lose that game. 

Never would have dreamed Jacksonville would manage that much offense against Pittsburgh after that Buffalo game. 

Best of luck against New England. Know that most of the country will be rooting for your side.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Marty2019 said:

They did manage 42 points.   The problem, obviously, was that they couldn't stop the Jags' offense. 

But it'd have slightly less of a problem had they scored 46 or 48, no? ;-)

1 hour ago, Groucho Valentine said:

How many NFL and TV network executives are going to jump out of their office windows if the Jags and VIkes make it to the Super Bowl?... The over under is currently 23.5. 

I doubt they care.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Bowl_TV_ratings  I don't see any outliers on that list and every category seems to be trending in the growing direction.  Goes to show that the Super Bowl really isn't about football. ;)

Note: This thread is 2266 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!