IGNORED

2017/2019 Solheim Cup Official Discussion Thread

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1645 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5 hours ago, MacDutch said:

Impressed  I was. I wish they aired more lpga tournaments.

Lexi played stellar after a bad start, but Anna Nordqvist deserved the halve she got.

Putting was overall outstanding by the US team and better then the Euro's.

What I did not understand was  that Anna (and others?) sometimes putted out of the first cut. Maybe better to put a chipper in the bag?

I though Lizette Salas was the real anchor for the team. I'm glad her points took the win.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Being a cord-cutter I don't get many opportunities to see the women play golf. This event was very entertaining.

U.S. vs. Europe for the women has become a strange choice imo.  Only 1 player in the top ten world rankings was in the tournament.  The #2, 13, 14, 19 & 20 in the world for this event.  You get better fields in regular LPGA events.

How about South Korea vs. the rest of the world.  That looks to be a perfect match, South Korea has 10 players in the top 20 of the world ranking.

women world ranking.PNG

Edited by No Mulligans

It would be interesting for the LPGA have a President cup type event. It would give LPGA another platform to show case women's golf. Hopefully draw more sponsorship in as well.

16 hours ago, No Mulligans said:

Being a cord-cutter I don't get many opportunities to see the women play golf. This event was very entertaining.

U.S. vs. Europe for the women has become a strange choice imo.  Only 1 player in the top ten world rankings was in the tournament.  The #2, 13, 14, 19 & 20 in the world for this event.  You get better fields in regular LPGA events.

How about South Korea vs. the rest of the world.  That looks to be a perfect match, South Korea has 10 players in the top 20 of the world ranking.

women world ranking.PNG

The LPGA is considering a rotating format with Asia, US and Europe to bring the Asian players in. They do have to consider Canada and LA too. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I sorta agree with No Mulligans. The competition should really be South Korea vs the rest of the world, or something resembling that. Having that type of completion without Asian players involved seems like a western biased farce to me. 

But then again, if I'm a tourament organizer or sponsor, I'm not putting time and money into seeing Americans get creamed by mostly unmarketable South Korean players either. They have to sell this to western consumers.  So I can understand both sides of it. 

Just a note about this cup. 

The captains and players were simply perfect as models of fun play, sportmanship, and good golf.  Seeing the captains playing around together, the way the competitors played together was absolutely fantastic and heartening.

The matches - wow, so many singles matches made it to the last hole or two.  Great fun.  The 4some/4balls were fun too.

Danielle Kang - I have nothing to add other than writing her name down.  I'm a fan.

Bill - 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

Seeing the captains playing around together, the way the competitors played together was absolutely fantastic and heartening.

I disagree and found that be unseemly. I wanted to turn it off when I saw that.

Hug and dance after (if you must; I'd still prefer you not). Not before and definitely not during.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

13 minutes ago, iacas said:

I disagree and found that be unseemly. I wanted to turn it off when I saw that.

Hug and dance after (if you must; I'd still prefer you not). Not before and definitely not during.

Gotta agree with this.  The mid-competition friendliness wasn't that entertaining TO ME.  I don't support poor sportsmanship at all but I do like seeing more of a competitive streak during sports matches.  The Cristie Kerr vs Mel Reid match to me was great because they seemed to be playing against each other not just fist pumping to the crowd after every hole.  It seemed like they generally disliked each other until the match was over.  I think that's one of the overlooked exciting aspects of the PGA relative to the LPGA.  Watching McIlroy vs Patrick Reed during the Cup or Stenson vs Mickelson in the Open a few years back was really entertaining because there was this sense of "I really want to beat this guy."  I watch a lot of my golf on Youtube so I see way more LPGA than PGA rounds and the lack of intensity during their matches is one thing that's always stood out to me.

• 2 years later...

No 2019 chatter?

:cobra: UL stand Bag
:ping: G425 Max
 :ping: hybrid G15 20 * 
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

:vokey:54*
:tmade: High Toe 58*

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport

:clicgear:

• Administrator

I’ve watched it all.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I got up for the 3am start on Friday. Had the dvr record todays start. Probably should have done this in reverse order. Still very enjoyable. Love the format and the US vs Europe.

I still have some hope for Decembers Pres. Cup. Maybe that team can be somewhat competitive.  

Solheim and Ryder Cup still a must watch for me. 

Edited by jmanbooyaa

:cobra: UL stand Bag
:ping: G425 Max
 :ping: hybrid G15 20 * 
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

:vokey:54*
:tmade: High Toe 58*

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport

:clicgear:

Boy it’s really showing how much better the men putt. So many missed that cost a hole. 8’ and less...just not making anything.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
2 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Pretty exciting final round...

Talk about down to the wire!

• Like 1

• iacas changed the title to 2017/2019 Solheim Cup Official Discussion Thread

Europe deserved it. You can’t putt like a pure amateur and expect to win. Worse putting display from professional golfers in a long time. Awful. Congrats to Europe for being able to make 4-7’ putts.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Great tournament at a great course. I think despite the odd bit of dodgy putting both teams should be proud of how they played in some tricky conditions.

I think if you're going to win then a last gasp effort is probably the most satisfying way to do it and the flip side is that if you lose on the last hole then im sure thats easier to accept than losing by a country mile

Well done Europe and well played USA.

I really think womens golf deserves much more coverage than it does at present. Maybe time for a change?

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Note: This thread is 1645 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!