IGNORED

How Much Do You Pay Per Shot?

Golfingdad
Note: This thread is 2306 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

I played TPC Sawgrass about 6 years ago. I spent about $2.90 per stroke. 

You either got a great deal at Sawgrass, or shot north of 100! ;-) 

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How much money do your shots each cost you, on average?  My average score is roughly 81 by my last calculation.
I'll play roughly 175 - 200 rounds per year on average. My membership is $500 per month (Shots (14175) / Annual Dues ($6000) = .42 per shot based on 175 rounds, not including $1250 per year trail fee. But my bar tab exceeds the membership most months.... 

If you belong to a club, it's just one extra step to estimate you're average cost per round depending on how much you play per year.

What do you think is the most you've ever paid per shot in one single round?  I paid $300 up front for a tournament and had to cancel (non refundable) 3.70 per shot,,,  Ouch ...

Did you shoot 69 the one time you played Pebble? Yes on the front nine about 30 years ago  :-(Green fees were only $35 back then.

And, lastly, what is the least you've ever paid per shot for a single round?  I've been fortunate to have numerous  "COMP" rounds, very numerous...

Did you shoot 120 at your local muni on a weekday afternoon when it was $11 for 18 holes? Never in my life...  :whistle:

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

I played about 40 rounds at my course this year. I work there so my greens fees are free. I made about $3,000 working there this year. Average score was around 72. So I made about $1.00 a stroke. :beer:

Most I have ever paid to play golf was $150, shot 70 something so thats about $2.00 a shot. 

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

1.The place I play most often is $49 on weekends and I usually shoot around 90, so $.54 per shot.

2. I have never played many high $ courses. I recall one where the fee was around $100 and I shot 85 for $1.18 per shot.

3. I used to belong to a small country club with a 9 hole course and the dues were $40 per month! Cart storage was $100 per year and free gas. It was worth that for the pool for the kids. Back then I played at least ten rounds per month or $.05  or less per shot.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

I went back over some of my past scores, using the score cards I keep.  I wanted to see exactly what my numbers would be. There were some high end courses included. 

My cost per hole was around $2.50, and my cost per stroke was $0.54.   These numbers are based on averages for the 75 cards I actually kept. $45.00 per round,  averaging 4.65 strokes per hole.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

1- I pay $2500 per month at my home course to be a member and $130 each round. I played in average 6,5 rounds each month.
I pay in total $3345 -> (1$=18,80UDS). 178UDS. / 6,5 rounds= 27,4 UDS / 75 strokes each round =
0,36 UDS each stroke.

2- I payed $1500 for a 2 round tournament. Shoot 75 on 2nd round -> $1500 / 2 rounds / 75 =  $10 -> 0,53 UDS each stroke.

3 - Shoot 85 at my home course: 27,4UDS pay per round / 85 = 0,32 UDS each stroke.

I'm a high handicapper.  Now, I feel better about paying my monthly membership dues.

Swing Away - again, and again.... :)

It's too late in the day after too much Bourbon to do the calculations, but every time out I hope that my round will cost me the maximum amount per stroke of which I am capable!

As far as blowing a 120, I haven't done that since Junior HS. I did play a soaking wet Spyglass two weeks after the AT&T was cancelled due to weather. I shot a 92, and it cost us $290 to play. That's about $3.15 a stroke!

Note: This thread is 2306 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!