IGNORED

Predict Tiger's 2018 Season

iacas
Note: This thread is 2041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger Woods in 2018  

94 members have voted

1. 1. How many events will Tiger win in 2018 (all events)?

• 3-4
    • 5+
  2. 2. How many majors will Tiger win in 2018?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, StefanUrkel said:

Just remember who was laughed at for saying he would win more than John Rahm the next 5 years

Who?

There's only two uses of the word "Rahm" in this topic, and the second one isn't about winning more than him at all. It's this one:

On 1/4/2018 at 6:53 PM, Wally Fairway said:

I'm not saying he can't do it, but you are bringing up events from a really long time ago.
The game has changed, the courses have changed and the competition has changed since then - hell Spieth, Thomas, Rahm were 7 or 8 years old when he won the Tiger Slam.
I'm with Dave, I'm going to have to see him contend in some full field events before I believe the magic has returned.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Who?

There's only two uses of the word "Rahm" in this topic, and the second one isn't about winning more than him at all. It's this one:

Urkel posted it in the Farmers Insurance thread (I can't figure out how to copy a post from another thread); and I would still laugh at Urkel for saying it. Actually he said he would bet on it, but not over the next 5 years - the post said over the next 10 years.
I'd bet on the 23 year old No 2 ranked player in the world with 4 wins in the last year; I'd bet he wins more majors too.

Not hating on Tiger, but over the next decade I'll take a 22 year old current top player over a former to player who is 42.

Players play, tough players win!

Going to be a good '18 if Tiger can keep this up

• Like 2

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, mvmac said:

I took a screenshot of the same clip and was going to post it. You beat me to it. Cool.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Does anyone else think that the WGC needs to come up with a lifetime exemption for players active on tour who have 10 or more WGC victories (maybe not counting match play)?

Seriously, how do they not have a way to get Tiger into the field?

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

Does anyone else think that the WGC needs to come up with a lifetime exemption for players active on tour who have 10 or more WGC victories (maybe not counting match play)?

Seriously, how do they not have a way to get Tiger into the field?

You may as well just call it a Tiger exemption, then, as I don't know who the next closest to 10 is but it's probably only like 3 or 4, right, and he has like 18 WGC wins?

Anyway, I think it's fine that Tiger's not playing. I don't think he would have wanted to play in Mexico, anyway.

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

You may as well just call it a Tiger exemption, then, as I don't know who the next closest to 10 is but it's probably only like 3 or 4, right, and he has like 18 WGC wins?

Anyway, I think it's fine that Tiger's not playing. I don't think he would have wanted to play in Mexico, anyway.

DJ is the next closest with 5, followed by Geoff Ogilvy with 3, and a bunch of people with 2.

I'd bet if Tiger starts playing a really limited schedule that prevents him from qualifying for a WGC, they might make a lifetime exemption change for him. They'd be losing out on a ton of eyeballs if he's playing well but not getting into the WGC. That seems pretty unlikely, though, because if Tiger stays healthy, he'll be back in the WGCs pretty quickly.

The problem with any lifetime exemption is that WGCs are no cut, everybody gets paid. So Tiger could show up when he's 80, shoot 4 rounds in the 80s and still make money.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

The problem with any lifetime exemption is that WGCs are no cut, everybody gets paid. So Tiger could show up when he's 80, shoot 4 rounds in the 80s and still make money.

And people would pay to come out and see it.

Then you could say he'd be the only (knitting) needle mover in the game. ;-)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

OUCH

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

39 minutes ago, iacas said:

Kinda my point - why not find a way to allow the GOAT to play, he can always chose not to if he doesn't want to play in Mexico or play the match play because it is too much golf (but really he looks very healthy and I hate reading & hearing about if his back holds up).
Why make him miss this years WGC's because of his limited schedule - people want to see him play; those that love him & those who hate him .... eyeballs are eyeballs, either way.

44 minutes ago, iacas said:

That was awful. Posts like that deserve negative rep! :-P

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I don't see a problem with the WGC featuring the actual top 50, not potentially including players that has been good, but currently residing around rank 200.

Even if it means Tiger won't be able to play at this point. If they wanted some kind of Tiger excemption, adding 2-3 wildcards spots might be better.

If/when Tiger gets back into full form, he shouldn't be outside of the top 50 for too long.

Edited by Zeph

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

14 minutes ago, Zeph said:

I don't see a problem with the WGC featuring the actual top 50, not potentially including players that has been good, but currently residing around rank 200.

Even if it means Tiger won't be able to play at this point. If they wanted some kind of Tiger excemption, adding 2-3 wildcards spots might be better.

If/when Tiger gets back into full form, he shouldn't be outside of the top 50 for too long.

Unless he wins a major, he will likely be outside the top  50 for this year and part of next year - due to the minimum 40 tournament divisor used to compute OWGR. He could be to 20 or better in Fed Ex points, but that is a calculated differently - as seen by Tigers 130 Fed Ex ranking vs. 389 OWGR

16 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Unless he wins a major, he will likely be outside the top  50 for this year and part of next year - due to the minimum 40 tournament divisor used to compute OWGR. He could be to 20 or better in Fed Ex points, but that is a calculated differently - as seen by Tigers 130 Fed Ex ranking vs. 389 OWGR

Not necessarily true... If he won the Players he'd get into the Top-50, you get 80 points for that. Besides that if he wins a major he's in Bridgestone regardless of OWGR.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

On 2/25/2018 at 10:45 PM, Wally Fairway said:

Urkel posted it in the Farmers Insurance thread (I can't figure out how to copy a post from another thread); and I would still laugh at Urkel for saying it. Actually he said he would bet on it, but not over the next 5 years - the post said over the next 10 years.
I'd bet on the 23 year old No 2 ranked player in the world with 4 wins in the last year; I'd bet he wins more majors too.

Not hating on Tiger, but over the next decade I'll take a 22 year old current top player over a former to player who is 42.

WHat year you graduate?

On 2/25/2018 at 11:26 PM, mvmac said:

Those numbers are super impressive. 346 average distance for a day?? I would think that would have to be a record on tour for a single day? 

• Administrator
10 hours ago, skydog said:

Those numbers are super impressive. 346 average distance for a day?? I would think that would have to be a record on tour for a single day? 

I think they can beat that at Kapalua.

Note: This thread is 2041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!