IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

It's hard to restart a habit. 

Did 2 five min sessions of slow and low takeaways while focussed steady head & centerned turn. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 45

Fairly busy day at work and rainy, so got in 15 minutes of putting early today.

I am working on stance, to find a more relaxed and natural stance that makes my arms hang in such a way that a good stroke is easier. I am working toward being more square, and finding a correct ball position both in terms of position forward or back and distance from the ball. The goal of all this is consistency, and things that are easily repeatable to control that consistency.

I did make a few driver swings working on swinging faster.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Day 16:

2/13/14

went to hit balls and work on Driver last night.  Really getting both path and face ironed out.   consistent and repeatable.  
but, all this focus on path and speed has really done a number on club speed.  ball speed only registering in the 135-140 zone.  Once I'm totally comfortable with path/face, I need to work on increasing speed.   There is another 15-20 mph of ball speed if I can manage to increase club speed without sacrificing path.   

on a side note:  it's really not even practice anymore.  Its becoming an obsession.  hope it was leads to improved results on the course.  

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Day 45

Still cold and wet where we are. Going to relax for another day. Wet, icy roads are not in our best interest.

Today I just chipped to various distances, using various clubs. Laid down some targets to land on, or near. Routine included aiming, my open (weak) grip, alignment, posture, ball position, and making good contact with the ball. Also making sure I made the stroke with arms, and shoulders. (Little if any wrist action)

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

2/14/18:

Day 320:

More work with the first move down drill today. You know if you practice exaggerating the move slowly, when you go to "full speed" you don't necessarily notice that you are doing it, however, you can notice a difference when you strike the ball.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 11

Worked on speed ~15 minutes. When swinging "all out" hips are still a little bit closed, and body threatening to extend early, but much better looking than a year ago.

Day 76    Finally able to get outside after a 3 day trip to do planning and shopping for the home we are building.  Spent 2 1/2 hours on the range continuing to work on turning into my right side rather than swaying and staying in my posture throughout the swing.  Used 16 different Technical/Motion swing drills from my GGGA workbook.     Probably do some swing in the office tonight as I watch a basketball game on line.

Got a notification from UPS that my KPlayer is enroute and will be delivered on Monday!!! 

Day 14 - pitching in the backyard. Ground was finally firm enough. I’ll set up the net tomorrow. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 12: February 14, 2018 - Ten minutes working on my pieces downtown. Photographed the Rogue Sub-Zero too. :-) Hit the Callaway Apex MB 7-iron again during the practice, too. Review on those soon.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

14/2/18 - In the spirit of Valentine's, I played 18. Drove relatively well, hit irons poorly, but putted pretty well, so lots to work on today. Bunker play was noticeably better, so I think that's coming from the more stable lower body :-).

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Practiced my putching stroke, with a 58 degree wedge and a foam ball, on the carpet in the den.  Moved to the hallway and did same with proper ball.  Then napped.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

6 reps with a minute pause in between full swing reps with a couple less aggressive warmup reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through the transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Full coil backswing, lead arm straight getting past parallel. I have to focus on retaining the C-spine posture. Used a roller to work the upper back/shoulders, lats, glutes and calve muscles.

My round of the week at Vinyards yesterday was kind of hit or miss. I'd par and double holes. Missed a birdie putt by a fraction of an inch.

My shots were in general pretty abysmal. I would definitely need to play more rounds if I want to play better in general.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Day 12

Took the mevo to the range for a test run. Hit a small bucket of balls in ~1 hour. Well it's a lot of fun, and maybe just a tad bit too much! Noticed myself looking to the screen after every shot instead of the ball flight. I'll give myself a break since it's the first time, but I totally lost self control and went over board hack with the mevo.

This I can already tell is going to be a really useful practice tool. Not only is it informative, but it's just so dang fun. Cannot wait to get back out there with it, though I do need to set some sort of specific goal and stick to it next time around.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bm85 said:

Day 12

Took the mevo to the range for a test run. Hit a small bucket of balls in ~1 hour. Well it's a lot of fun, and maybe just a tad bit too much! Noticed myself looking to the screen after every shot instead of the ball flight. I'll give myself a break since it's the first time, but I totally lost self control and went over board hack with the mevo.

This I can already tell is going to be a really useful practice tool. Not only is it informative, but it's just so dang fun. Cannot wait to get back out there with it, though I do need to set some sort of specific goal and stick to it next time around.

This is very normal - loads of us noticed the same thing and found that, second time out, we used it much better to practise with. I still get the odd day when I don't go out with a specific focus and I tend to just hit without really thinking and just look at the numbers, but usually, I'm tracking one particular stat with a swing thought. Keep us updated in the Mevo thread, but you'll love it! :-)

As for my day: 15/2/18 - Bought a 3kg medicine ball as suggested by Preston to work on my core engagement. I've spent about 20 minutes doing ribcage swings with the ball, feeling like my hips stay in the same place and definitely feeling the change. Also took the ball to the range and alternated that with full swing work and some ribcage size 8 iron swings. Amazing how quickly the feel settled into the full swing as well and immediately started straightening out the ball flight and improving ball flight. Have a round tomorrow (last serious one for a little while) so I didn't do too much grinding, more focusing on feels I could take to the course. Now on the putting mat in front of Tiger/Rory.

Man, do I love half term!

• Upvote 1

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Day 46. 

Easy day today. Just a little chipping/putting practice since it's a travel day for us.

I will be looking for a road side sign saying "Golf Here". In the past, I have found some nice little courses, when seeing that sign.

Side note. Has any thought been given to posting just once a week, discribing the past week's practices?  Something like "Days 1 Through 7", then list each day"s practice routine. Just a thought. 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 2 - 40ft lag putts for speed x 15 mins, then 4ft putts for bead x 10 mins over lunch break. I will be playing for the first time in months next Wed, so it's time to shake off the cobwebs  :-P

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

2/15/18:

Day 321:

Path drill with the soda bottles today. Hit a few 7-iron with the foam balls, then moved onto 4-iron. About 10 minutes of this practice today. 

44 days to a year.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

17 hours ago, iacas said:

Photographed the Rogue Sub-Zero too. :-) Hit the Callaway Apex MB 7-iron again during the practice, too. Review on those soon.

looking forward to those reviews.

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet