IGNORED

Oldest Club in Your Bag

Hoganman1
Note: This thread is 1792 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Hoganman1 said:

Same here, I have my grandfather's clubs on display in my den too. They're all hickory shafted except the steel shafted Two Wood he used as a driver. I've never played them for fear of breaking the shafts, but I once played 18 with his putter. It's probably got 7* of loft.

7 degrees of loft.  That was back when the lawnmowers had four legs.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Orlimar "tight lies" 3-wood from the mid 90s.  My first metal wood.  Still played old school persimmon till then.

In case you are wondering, I also has a flip phone until a few years ago too.

Edited by BreaksLeft
wrong kind of wood cited for old clubs

Ping G25 driver, bought second hand when I took up the game.

D: Ping G25 Stock S Shaft
3W: Titleist 915F 16.5* Diamana S70 Blue Stiff
3H, 4H: Callaway XR Project X LZ 6.0
5i-PW: Mizuno MP54 Project X 5.5 Shafts
52*, 58*: Mizuno JPX Wedge TT Dynalite Gold AP
Putter: Mizuno MP A306

My putter is a Nike Unitized Tiempo, which is about a decade old.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

My Mizuno Irons at 4 years old this spring.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Oldest would be my Mizuno MX 23's.  I think they're about 12 years old. 

Diego’s Gear
Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha at 11.5*
5W: Taylormade Jetspeed 19*
Hybrid: Ping G5 22*
Irons: Mizuno MX-23 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Ping Ketsch 33”
My Swing: https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/93417-my-swing-foot-wedge/

I've got several Kasco hybrids that I believe are from the mid-1990s. I've tried a number of more modern hybrids (Adams, Callaway, TaylorMade) but haven't found any I like better. Also, most others are too short. I like the Kasco's because they're basically hybrid heads on fairway wood shafts, so they're 3 to 5 inches longer than most other hybrids. I started with two and now own five (13, 16, 19, 23 and 27 degrees). I usually carry only two at a time and switch them out based on the course. I'm afraid of carrying all five at once because that might look like an "old man bag," 

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade Rocketballz (non-adjustable), 10.5 degrees, stock graphite shaft R flex
Hybrids: Kasco, 17 and 25 degrees, stock graphite shafts
Irons: Golfsmith Tour Cavity Forged, 4-PW, graphite shafts R, 2 degrees upright
Wedges: TaylorMade Black Oxide, 52, 56, and 60 degrees, graphite shafts
Putter: Rife Barbados w/SuperStroke grip 
Ball: Bridgestone RXS

I recently retired my 1972 Ping Kushin, which my grandfather bought new and I inherited when he passed in 1980.  Now playing a TM Spyder and a complete set of 2017 M2's - so the oldest club still in my bag is about a year.

A Callaway #5 hybrid.  It's the X-Hot model from maybe 5 years back.

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

• 9 months later...

Which bag? I have three right now. 

Oldest has to be one of the Karsten 1 Irons. Word is the set was built in 1969. I played them a few days ago. It was a truly "U.G.L.Y" experience. A collector gets these critters next week. 

If I wanted to go get them, my nephew is holding a bag full of OlimarTrimetals for me, should I ever visit him Utah. Not likely. 

However, in keeping with the spirit of the thread, it would be my M1 Heavy Putter. Although I just put it in my bag this year, I have had it in my possession for around 20+/-  years. My Zone 1 putter became unplayable. It would have been my oldest club too. The M1 replaced it

On another note, the clubs in my two other bags are pretty old too. Other than an ocassional "club find" here, or there, I have not purchased any new, real gamers in at least 10-15 years.

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

There's this lady named Doris. She's like 98 or 99 years old. Shoots her age all the time... oh wait did you say "Oldest Club in My Bag" or "Oldest Bag in My Club"? 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

I have two about the same age. An old putter I got from my father in law.  I was a promo from Canadian Club Whiskey made by :titleist:, early 1970's.  Only in my bag every now and then.  Other is from late 1960s, my 8 iron from Northwestern.  Still use it off the tee and ground. In the bag for sentimental reasons (an ace early in my golf life and and an eagle as well), re--shafted to senior flex.

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

My irons (Cleveland 588 Altitude), Putter ( Odyssey 2 Ball Tank), and my 2,3, &4 hybrid (Nickent 3DX Ironwood) have all been in the bag for 6 years now.  The irons and the putter will be in my bag until I cave the faces in on them which means forever!! The hybrids are from 2008, and I had them for 6 years before I put them in play, and they have hit literally thousands of shots apiece.  They proved their worth as I bought all three of them for 39 bucks total. Find what works for you and then beat the face off of that club is my motto!! 

Note: This thread is 1792 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!