IGNORED

Love/Hate Relationship With Golf

woodzie264
Note: This thread is 2250 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Inspired by @divot dave's avatar pic, what do you love MOST about golf and what do you hate about it (if anything)?

Love: it's a great platform/activity which provides the opportunity to hang out with buddies while competing, relaxing, and talking trash simultaneously...for hours

Hate: soooooooo humbling and frustrating when I swing really hard at a stationary inanimate object only to chunk it 10yds

• Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Love: A nice day on an empty course. Good contact with any club. Hitting a green with a long iron. Watching a putt curve towards the hole at the right speed on a nasty green. Hitting a wedge shot over a hazard or tree and sticking the green. Punching under a tree branch or succeeding with even the slightest amount of intended curve around a tree.

Hate: That I can't just appreciate those things I love about the game without being so consumed by improvement and the inability to shoot low scores.

• Like 1

Jon

• iacas changed the title to Love/Hate Relationship With Golf
  • Administrator

Love: Almost everything. Really.

Hate: Slow play.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Love: Getting outside with friends and playing a game that is both frustrating and exhilarating at the same time. Challenging myself to get better. Being able to play it as I get older. Playing new courses and meeting new friends. 

Hate: I try not to hate anything about the game, but slow play can be annoying.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

11 hours ago, iacas said:

Hate: Slow play.

Good call

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Love: The strategy of the game. The feeling of hitting shots flush, and the feeling of grinding out a decent score even when you don’t have your best game.

Hate: How your game can just up and leave mid round. How you can break 90 one round and shoot 110 the next. 

13 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

Love: Golf. 

Hate: Golf. 

Hahahaha - profound!

-Jonny

Love:  The challenge, the satisfaction of improving, the great environments where I play, and the comfort of playing with my grandson, a good friend, or solo. I also enjoy the history and tradition of the game.

Hate: Slow play but I have reached a point in my life where l can avoid these conditions or walk off and not be upset at it.

Love being out of doors doing something, I can still do. Being with old friends, and family. Watching other golfers' talents, or lack of for the game. Meeting new folks. Just too many reasons to list. It's a great game that offers more than most folks realize.

Hate? Actually "hate" being the strong word that it is, I don't hate anything about golf, and all that goes with it. I do tend to laugh at, or ignore the ignorance/arrogance of those types of folks, when I run into them while playing golf. 

I've always been a believer that having any negative thoughts, about anything worth doing, detracted from a job well done. It's just too easy to turn negative thoughts, or issues into positive ones. 

• Like 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I love watching the ball fly through the air. 

I hate the time it consumes - playing, traveling, progressing. It's not like you put on running shoes, run 5K and done in a half hour, or pick up games of team sports, done in 2 hours. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I haven't been able to swing a club for 5 months and probably won't until June. This and the topic has reminded me how much I really do love the game of golf. I didn't appreciate how much until it was taken away. I tried to think of something I hate; I can't. I play rounds in my mind; I look for the day to play again! Best to all, -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

Note: This thread is 2250 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!