IGNORED

2018 Arnold Palmer Invitational

colin007
Note: This thread is 2226 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Why doesn't he sting a driver? Haney mentioned he had one but never dared put it in play. He can cherry pick the courses where he doesnt need to hit many drivers but some of these majors will probably force him to hit it more often.

Trollin' is the life

Solid round of 3 under today by Woods. In my opinion the best thing that happened for him (so far) is that the 2 leaders are stuck in neutral at -11. If they had kept up the birdie fest and gotten to 14 or 15 under they could've left everyone in the dust.

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nice birdie by Tiger on 18.

I may have missed how they resolved it but when Stenson & DeChambeau had their balls touching, did they mark Dechambeau's and then replace it after Stenson played?

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

Excellent iron shot by Rory at the 18th. Should be able to make that 3 footer to post -10. He has a great chance to win tomorrow. 

Think about the swings from last week to this week in this poll/topic:

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

13 minutes ago, iacas said:

Think about the swings from last week to this week in this poll/topic:

Haha, my prediction about Rory sort of came true. The guy is very streaky. Sounds like Brad Faxon helped him a lot with his putting before this tournament started. Hopefully they will keep working together.

Rory is very tough to beat when he starts putting like he is this week. If anything his ballstriking is a little bit off this week or he would probably be running away from the field. He has gained over 7.5 shots on the field with the putter. 

Miller - when ball heads into setting sun, it will trickle. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

21 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Next he'll say that a ball hit at the sun at noon won't go as far as a ball hit at the sun at sunset.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

28 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Next he'll say that a ball hit at the sun at noon won't go as far as a ball hit at the sun at sunset.

LMAO I missed that remark.... What the hell was he talking about? I need to learn how to control a "trickle" now?.... Jeez, that's not something I'm looking forward to.

Edited by GrandStranded

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

It makes perfect sense.  Green plants tend to grow and move towards the light source, i.e, the sun.  So the grain is in that direction, and that will cause the ball to trickle in that direction more than any other, all things (e.g., slope or wind) being equal.

• Informative 1

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

2 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

LOL at Johnny Miller saying the gym hasn't been good for Rory's golf game.

I read somewhere years ago that Miller spent a winter chopping wood, grew some muscles, and lost his game for a while.  Since then, he's been down on muscles.

Actually, the same thing happened to me when I was 15.  My high school got a Universal Gym, and I gained like 30 pounds of muscle and grew a couple inches taller over the winter, while not touching a club.  I literally could not hit the ball the first time I went back to the course.  I had a different body.  At 15, I was bigger than Tiger at his biggest, which is why I always laugh when people say he's juicing.  Heck, Serena Williams has bigger arms than he does.

I assume it would have been much different if I had kept practicing while I was lifting, but where I lived, that wasn't possible in the winter.

6 minutes ago, turtleback said:

It makes perfect sense.  Green plants tend to grow and move towards the light source, i.e, the sun.  So the grain is in that direction, and that will cause the ball to trickle in that direction more than any other, all things (e.g., slope or wind) being equal.

Is there anything in the rules that prevents you from having a big spotlight on your bag, and having your caddie turn it on or off as needed?

59 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

But your apex will be higher.

• Like 1

I am thinking McIlroy takes it tomorrow. sure would be cool for tiger to be in the mix on the back nine. J Rose is starting to look more and more like a dang good pick for the masters...that guy is churning out top 10s like it’s his job....which i guess in retrospect it kinda is lol. 

• Like 2

• Administrator
1 hour ago, turtleback said:

Grain grows downhill almost all the time. The sun has almost no effect.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2226 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!