IGNORED

2018 British Open Championship at Carnoustie

Wally Fairway
Note: This thread is 2097 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just looked it up:  PGA Tour average to hole out from 90 feet is 2.4 strokes.  I don't know if that's more or less affected by being on the fringe than being on the green itself.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, Eaglesfan139 said:

Meh I think he was just trying to make a joke 

I thought so, but didn't it sound strange. If he were 63, it would have sounded grouchy. He may be a better golfer than comedian.

Wayne

Nice try by Jordan. And Johnny Miller just explained how AimPoint reads work inadvertently.😜

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I liked the Byron Nelson comparison with Speith, and glad we didn't get the cliched "Lord Byron." Speith is a lock for the HOF. He might even have a quieter but similar personality of another Dallas-ite who wore knickers as a goof.

Wayne

I genuinely never thought I'd see Tiger compete in a major again - I am absolutely loving this.

• Like 1

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

5 minutes ago, Blackjack Don said:

I thought so, but didn't it sound strange. If he were 63, it would have sounded grouchy. He may be a better golfer than comedian.

Yeah definitely a poor delivery but I don't think he meant it to sound like that 

Edited by Eaglesfan139

Where is @colin007 or did his heart stop?

• Like 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Uhh... Jordan's tee shot that followed the bogey, shot tracker was very pessimistic.  It implied he hit it pretty much right behind himself and maybe five yards.  I've seen players my level do that, but not his ;-) 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

That was a bad shot tracer malfunction.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

2 minutes ago, Blackjack Don said:

I liked the Byron Nelson comparison with Speith, and glad we didn't get the cliched "Lord Byron." Speith is a lock for the HOF. He might even have a quieter but similar personality of another Dallas-ite who wore knickers as a goof.

I think Jordan just trying to say ‘I’m not all Beaver Cleaver, despite the hair cut, I’ve got a little Eddie Haskell in  me too.’

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Just now, Eaglesfan139 said:

Yeah definitely a poor delivery but I don't think he meant it to sound like that 

To put it to bed, he's actually funny. Even Robin Williams heard crickets occasionally, and it was pretty good to see him get spanked.

😁

I love Speith, and it was love at first sight. He's my nomination for the next act after Phil and TIger. When he's leading, I'm watching.

Wayne

Major mistake by Jordan. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 minute ago, boogielicious said:

Major mistake by Jordan. 

Just now, sofingaw said:

Man... Spieth in the deep doo doo there! Getting interesting!!!

It's the footsteps...

-- Michael | My swing! 

Light the candle! Lol.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Just now, Shindig said:

It's the footsteps...

I thought it was interesting it happened soon after the commentary about Spieth wishing to compete down the stretch against Tiger.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Great birdie from Rory there - boy does he need to get hot and stiff a few approaches. I'm with @iacas - I think -8 is the lowest the winning score will be.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Note: This thread is 2097 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!